Microsoft Launching "Ultimate Game Sale" Next Week

Gone Rampant

Feb 12, 2012
Shite, just got far cry on tuesday. I might look into MGSand Bioshock, but I have to say I already own a lot of the list. So meh. I bet it's Gold ojly anyway.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Will this be available outside the US? Because the last sale that Microsoft advertised when a bunch of stuff was on sale was only in the US. And everyone fucking hated them for it.

roguewriter

May 9, 2011
Well, looks like Microsoft is already fumbling their *good* ideas. Aside from this entire game sale being...dubious at best, Major Nelson just tweeted that the two games almost every media gaming site was citing as being the first in their "Free Games for Gold" program for July (i.e. the program Sony has already had for years...), namely Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2, will *not* be coming out for July.

Instead the first (or technically second) free game is..."Defense Grid." (*Sigh*) Way to go, Microsoft. Well, considering they were offering a massive discount on Xbox Gold Subs during E3, I suppose this shouldn't come as a surprise. They know most people were only resubbing in the hopes of picking up some great free games. Instead of providing some blockbuster titles to entice people what do they give? Fable 3 and a cheap Arcade title. I love my Xbox, but Jesus >.>

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
6_Qubed said:
I have noticed a small but noteworthy flaw in this plan. Most of the games on this list I really want? I already have them. Stood in line for one or two of these fuckers, to boot. I have physical copies. They mine now.

I have no incentive to let Microsoft fuck my wallet up the ass twice re-monetize the initial purchases.
Consider, perhaps, you're not the target audience.
I agree with you, if only because nobody really targets a carpet bombing.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Rockstar Table Tennis
Just...... WHY?

Still, i guess thats a good thing. small steps forward is still forward, and god knows they need to move forward with how much running backwards they done lately.

martyrdrebel27 said:
Wow, escapist got kind of annoying. We used to be a more positive bunch than the rest of the forums, instead of people actually discussing anything or enjoying this news, the thread is just filled with people who just wanna talk shit on everything. I blame yahtzee.
You blame Yathzee because gaming industry in the last...4 years have been terrible?
Well your views are unique i give you that.

roguewriter said:
, namely Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2, will *not* be coming out for July.

Instead the first (or technically second) free game is..."Defense Grid." (*Sigh*)
Dont you diss Defence Grid. It is more fun to play than both of Halo 3 and AC2 combined!

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Strazdas said:
Rockstar Table Tennis
Just...... WHY?

Still, i guess thats a good thing. small steps forward is still forward, and god knows they need to move forward with how much running backwards they done lately.

martyrdrebel27 said:
Wow, escapist got kind of annoying. We used to be a more positive bunch than the rest of the forums, instead of people actually discussing anything or enjoying this news, the thread is just filled with people who just wanna talk shit on everything. I blame yahtzee.
You blame Yathzee because gaming industry in the last...4 years have been terrible?
Well your views are unique i give you that.

roguewriter said:
, namely Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2, will *not* be coming out for July.

Instead the first (or technically second) free game is..."Defense Grid." (*Sigh*)
Dont you diss Defence Grid. It is more fun to play than both of Halo 3 and AC2 combined!
my blaming Yahtzee was at least 75% a joke. But I have valid reasons for the remaining 25%.

1. When I joined the escapist, I instantly was drawn to the community. unlike all the other gaming sites (gamefaqs...) this seemed like a mature, adult forum where we could talk, discuss and debate without it devolving into childish flame wars. However, with the ever-increasing popularity of ZP, we're getting more and more people that don't have that same respect and love for our community.

2. sometimes, reading certain posts, I get the feeling that the poster is forcefully attempting to be snarky, sarcastic and dismissive, emulating Yahtzee perhaps. Yahtzee does it great. He's an artist of the field. He's the Kurt Cobain of Snarkiness, whereas everyone else is closer to the Nickleback version of snarkiness. The analogy makes sense. Up here at least. you couldn't see, but right there, when I said "up here" I was pointing at my head.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
martyrdrebel27 said:
my blaming Yahtzee was at least 75% a joke. But I have valid reasons for the remaining 25%.

1. When I joined the escapist, I instantly was drawn to the community. unlike all the other gaming sites (gamefaqs...) this seemed like a mature, adult forum where we could talk, discuss and debate without it devolving into childish flame wars. However, with the ever-increasing popularity of ZP, we're getting more and more people that don't have that same respect and love for our community.

2. sometimes, reading certain posts, I get the feeling that the poster is forcefully attempting to be snarky, sarcastic and dismissive, emulating Yahtzee perhaps. Yahtzee does it great. He's an artist of the field. He's the Kurt Cobain of Snarkiness, whereas everyone else is closer to the Nickleback version of snarkiness. The analogy makes sense. Up here at least. you couldn't see, but right there, when I said "up here" I was pointing at my head.
1. It still is. However the recent Xbox One reveal has kinda stirred stuff up and some people are very angry at microsoft. I do not know how popular was ZP back when you joined, 2009 is around the time i started visiting the site, though registered only much later, but while it is the sites main attraction from the outside view, it was the community that made me stay here. I would probably go as far as to call this forum too mature for idiots like myself.
2. There are plenty of those everywhere. This is the internet after all. Not sure how much of that is emulating Yathzee, as they dont really get anything out of it if thats the reason. SOme people just like to be snarky and sarcastic. and when they cannot do it naturally, they try to force it.
and its good that you explained the up here because it felt a lot like "im above you" statement at first, at least to me.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Strazdas said:
martyrdrebel27 said:

1. It still is. However the recent Xbox One reveal has kinda stirred stuff up and some people are very angry at microsoft. I do not know how popular was ZP back when you joined, 2009 is around the time i started visiting the site, though registered only much later, but while it is the sites main attraction from the outside view, it was the community that made me stay here. I would probably go as far as to call this forum too mature for idiots like myself.
2. There are plenty of those everywhere. This is the internet after all. Not sure how much of that is emulating Yathzee, as they dont really get anything out of it if thats the reason. SOme people just like to be snarky and sarcastic. and when they cannot do it naturally, they try to force it.
and its good that you explained the up here because it felt a lot like "im above you" statement at first, at least to me.
1. I joined early 2009, had been following the site for a few months before that. Like you, I was lured here by ZP, but one day I saw a topic being discussed, no idea what it was now, but I remember thinking "wait.. you can't say that on a gaming site!" Then, as I went through the forums, I realized I was home. This is now my primary source of gaming culture news.

2. I'm double glad I pointed out the head pointing, because what you would have thought is what I was afraid you would have thought had I not pointed out the head pointing.

Today seems like it's going to be an agreeable day. huzzah!