Microsoft Not Jumping on the HD Remake Bandwagon

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Dr.Kay said:
Woah woah WOAAAH...its a 'BAD' thing that Microsoft don't want to jump on the r*tarded remake bandwagon? Oh okay, sure, thats soooo bad, its so bad they aren't remaking games and are making new games instead. Seriously what a stupid article.
Wait, when did retarded become a curseword? What have I missed?

EDIT: As for the topic... if it were, say, Valve or Bioware releasing one of their older titles again with a graphical update, nobody would be complaining. People are selective in their pessimism.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
I don't get microsoft. They sink millions into Kinect, which is crap. But won't spend money on HD remakes, which would be awesome.

Darth IB

Apr 7, 2010
666Chaos said:
Darth IB said:
Oh no! What a shame! I'm so sick and tired of people trying to make new games, and was really hoping everyone would just stick to re-releasing old games with updated graphics. [/saracasm].

I personally don't see any need at all for HD-remakes. It's not going to make me buy a new copy of a game I already own, and most likely wont persuade me to buy a game whose past incarnation I decided to not buy.
Guess what buddy they dont give a flying fuck what you think because you are not the target of the HD remakes. The main target of these remakes is not people who already own the games but people who dont. You know all those guys who were to young when they came out or just had the wrong system.
I want you to re-read my post - the part I've made bold, to be specific. Assuming you are right, I am still part of the target audience for HD-remakes of any and every game which I have not played. And improved graphics is not going to make me suddenly want to play those games.

So guess what, buddy. They should care what I think. And it seems they do, since they have decided to not make lots of stupid HD-remakes.

Darth IB

Apr 7, 2010
666Chaos said:
Just because a game comes out it does not mean you are automatically part of the target audience.
True, but when we're speaking in general terms, it can be assumed that I am - because it's a game and I'm a gamer. Of course, when it comes to specific titles, I will only be part of the target audience for some of them.

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
Microsoft Not Jumping on the HD Remake Bandwagon
Good. I am sick and tired of the lack of originality in the Game, Movie and Music industry.

I know the economy is bad so a lot of companies want to play it safe.
But playing it safe also means you never will win big ether.

While we are at it lets Axe Halo 4 (more like the 7th game that bears the Halo Name).
And lets get a game that isn't a First Person Shooter for once.

spielberg11

Aug 30, 2010
...completely tangential here, but anyone think Master Chief in the upcoming remake just looks horrid?

I mean, everything else has gotten the do-over, while his helmet...

..I don't know, I was hoping for something more like the Reach soldiers.

Please no-one spam me saying it was a certain brand of helmet. I'm just putting it forward artistically.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Eh, not like Microsoft as a game dev is some ancient thing with tons of old gems. Halo was just last gen. Sure the begining of last gen, but its no game from say, early 90's.
I mean, what else is there thats distincively a Microsoft game that needs a remake? Not like you cant play it on your 360 already.

Astalano

Nov 24, 2009
Thank god I have a PC. No more backwards compatibility bullshit.

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lul60ixy_40

Slidell

Jun 5, 2011
Logan Westbrook said:
He said that the remake was like a gift to players
Yeah, you know, like those gifts you have to pay for. A pay gift, that's a thing right?

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Dr.Kay said:
OhJohnNo said:
Dr.Kay said:
Woah woah WOAAAH...its a 'BAD' thing that Microsoft don't want to jump on the r*tarded remake bandwagon? Oh okay, sure, thats soooo bad, its so bad they aren't remaking games and are making new games instead. Seriously what a stupid article.
Wait, when did retarded become a curseword? What have I missed?

EDIT: As for the topic... if it were, say, Valve or Bioware releasing one of their older titles again with a graphical update, nobody would be complaining. People are selective in their pessimism.
When was 'curseword' one word? Ah see I can lower my intelligence to your inferior level =)
I dunno, I've seen it used like that in books. I guess that makes us even?