Microsoft: People More Satisfied With Xbox 360 Than PS3

nevarran

Apr 6, 2010
Scrythe said:
Honestly, though, I can't see why anyone would need to get a current-gen system. Unless you really, really need that game, right fucking now, there's no real reason to move up to the PS4/Xbone.
True. But, like you said, it's the same for both brands. Saying that Sony has good sales on the new console, because their old one was bad, while MS doesn't sell well, because their previous product was too good, is completely wrong.

piscian said:
Hah, even Batman looks sad next to that pile of crap.
The mods will warn you for posting just a picture, btw, they have some "pics don't express opinion policy".

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
(Raises hand) I bought both. I own both. I can honestly say that, even when I was still playing 360, I was enjoying my PS3 more. Now, my 360 has a layer of dust on it and is used as a stand for my ponies. I have not turned that thing on to play games in months, whereas I'm still playing the living daylights out of my PS3.

Now, I will admit that a huge part of this is due to the fact that my friends have PS3s too, and while some of them have a 360 also, not all of them. So it's easier to play with the group on the PS3. However, the PS3 has one major advantage over the 360 in my view: free online. I can play with friends and chat with them with a headset with no fees. That kicks the 360 in the head in my opinion.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
theApoc said:
These boards never cease to amaze me. First of all, of course it is spin, gold star to all of you, you just pointed out the obvious. Second of all, I can say without a doubt that I have no reason to upgrade to XBOX ONE since my 360(which is my main entertainment device) does everything I need at the moment. Saying he is completely off base with his assessment of why people have been slow to go next gen is silly. And you PS3 fanboys can keep telling yourselves it didn't have serious issues, but you had a lot more reason to upgrade than most 360 users. Yeah, there were early hardware problems, and then their weren't. XBOX ONE and PS4 suffer from lack of content. Put next gen Borderlands, Dark Souls, GTA on those consoles and you will see more adoption for both systems.

Hero in a half shell said:
Microsoft must be seriously worried.
I would seriously doubt that.
But here's the thing, the PS4 doesn't need spin. The PS4 doesn't need it's own market analysts coming out of the woodwork every few days to explain why the metrics for the console aren't as good as a main competitor.

We have this announcement today (based on zero facts.)
We had the Kinect free version two days ago (which was stated as never ever happening, as a physically impossible thing.)
We had the guy telling us the Xbox was a 'super computer design' 3 days before that, to excuse why the Xbox was seemingly less powerful than the PS3
We had Bill Gates saying he would support selling the Xbox division five days before that, with Microsoft having to 'clarify' that they were still fully committed to it.

Not to mention the undeniable fact that many games currently are releasing at higher resolution or framerate on the PS4, most recently Watchdogs (announced yesterday as 900p/30FPS on PS4, and 792p/30FPS on Xbox One)

And finally, what exactly does the Xbox360 do that the PS4 cannot, at the moment all I'm finding is 'cross game chat' whatever that is, although I'm pretty sure 360 doesn't play Bluray, which the PS3 does.

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
Got both, PS3 and XBOX 360, enjoyed both, but lately the only one I'm still using is the PS3, and my library of games speaks for itself, for PS3 I have 50+ games, while for xbox 360 around 15.

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
I agree with anyone laughing with this, this is the type of BS spin I expect from politicians.

"More people are more satified with their 360 than ps3 to want an upgraded" that is... unbelievable XD

We have this announcement today (based on zero facts.)
We had the Kinect free version two days ago (which was stated as never ever happening, as a physically impossible thing.)
Ya'know I forgot they used the word "impossible", MS are full of crap :)

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
theApoc said:
These boards never cease to amaze me. First of all, of course it is spin, gold star to all of you, you just pointed out the obvious. Second of all, I can say without a doubt that I have no reason to upgrade to XBOX ONE since my 360(which is my main entertainment device) does everything I need at the moment. Saying he is completely off base with his assessment of why people have been slow to go next gen is silly. And you PS3 fanboys can keep telling yourselves it didn't have serious issues, but you had a lot more reason to upgrade than most 360 users. Yeah, there were early hardware problems, and then their weren't. XBOX ONE and PS4 suffer from lack of content. Put next gen Borderlands, Dark Souls, GTA on those consoles and you will see more adoption for both systems.
The thing about trying to take him seriously, is that it makes no logical sense. There's very little brand loyalty in the console wars, as can be seen by all the PS2 people buying a 360. We know that plenty of people with 360's are buying PS4's and surely if someone found the PS3 unsatisfying they'd buy a Xbox One and not a PS4?

The fact that millions upon millions of people, PS3 owners and 360 owners alike are buying a PS4, to the extent that the PS4 is outstripping the 360 and the PS3 handily, means that his argument has no merit to it.

If these consoles don't offer enough content for people to buy them, then why have 7 million people bought a PS4? The PS4 is the healthiest none-Wii console in terms of sales since the PS2 and it's sold almost double what Microsoft have sold.

And of course they're worried. They're so worried they've stripped features out of their console, slashed it's price, took out the 'unremovable' feature, refused to report sales figures and tried to pretend 'shipped' figures were sales. They aren't at all in the position they want to be and they're worried about falling further behind. They were relying on Titanfall and it did almost nothing for them. It's an easily recoverable danger and they've taken the steps to recover from it, but if they weren't worried then they wouldn't have needed to take steps or release press statements about how they're too awesome and that's why they're falling behind.

The person who isn't worried gets to spin less, because they feel like their position is good anyway.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
"It's hard to asses the gap in sales."

It's very simple, you done goofed. And nothing on this Earth will ever make you admit it.

michael87cn

Jan 12, 2011
It's true I found the Xbox 360 to be a very fun system, while I bought a ps3 a year ago and it kind of sits here full of classic games, which I love that it can do... but it just doesn't have many good NEW games ... in my opinion... not enough to be worth it.

My 360 broke around the time I picked up the ps3, and I've been missing it. There were a lot of games I never got to play, and a lot I still want to play. So I'm tempted to pick another one up eventually...

However? I am not interested in getting an Xbox One, I go where the games are, and it looks like this time around the games are going with the PS4. So we'll see in a few years where the games go, wherever that is, that's the system I'm buying.

So, basically, this guy in my opinion, could be right. I am happy with the 360, and not eager to buy an Xbox one yet. I am also satisfied with the 360 over the PS3. I kind of feel like the PS3 was a waste of money. I don't really like drama games like Uncharted or Last of Us, or even Tomb Raider. I don't really have fun 'watching' a dramatic game. So, to me, this system is just kind of boring. When I bought it, I thought it would atleast have some cool japanese games, but you know what? Not really!

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
I mean sure, the 360 was pretty much the dominant machine of last generation, but you don't need some Microsoft executive to tell you that. Just walk into any GameStop and you'll see the 360 section is much more filled out than the PS3 section. However... just because that was true then doesn't mean that's why people aren't upgrading now. It's because people still don't trust Microsoft after that hole they dug themselves into when they first announced the One.

Microsoft is making a lot of little improvements - it's nice to see media like Netflix and Hulu Plus no longer require Xbox Live Gold and that they're giving away free games and discounts like Sony shows that they are listening, but they still betrayed the trust of their consumers, and they're learning the hard way that such trust is not earned back easily.

Frankly, I'm not getting either system for at least another year or two. Sony has done some extremely shitty things in the past as well, and as per the usual, people have forgotten about it. Both machines are basically the same thing, and until either gets a few worthy exclusives, I'll stick with my last-gen, PC, and Wii U.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Marketing spin is marketing spin so the first point is whatever.

But I do not want voice for everything. They can keep that. It's not going to be the fastest and most efficient way of doing things for the majority of things. I don't want to talk to an ATM, then people will know my pin number. I don't want to control games with voice (that is the thing that is probably confounding them the most).

It will be fine for some things. But all technology... yeah... not likely.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Wow MS wow.

I had an Xbox360 and a PS3 before I got my PS4.

Even if we go by this narcissistic logic, surely that means that microsoft hasn't made enough improvement over the 360 on the Xbone to warrant their asking price.

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
The only part I agree with is that I liked my 360 more than my PS3. The logic pretzel he makes with that statement is laughable. Microsoft can spin all they want to.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
as an owner of both consoles, i actually was far more satisfied with my 360. the main reason for that was the fact that the freaking PS3 required constant updating. i just want to play a damned game before my mood changes and i dont want to play anymore. i dont want to sit and wait half an hour for an update to finish.

PS4 owners, does the same thing happen with the PS4? i would like to get one later on, but im not willing to play the waiting game every time i turn on the thing.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
Well... Seeing as over the past five years I've owned a PS3 for longer than I've owned a 360 (which I don't have anymore because it broke and I refuse to buy shoddy hardware to replace shoddy hardware) and I've used my PS3 every day since I've owned it just about (mostly for Netflix, but I do enjoy the games I have for it) I'd have to say that I enjoy my PS3 a lot more.

I might consider getting an XBone now that they're coming out with a Kinectless version, but it's still third in line after I buy a PS4 (the one I actually want) and a Wii U (because my opinion for this floundering console is still higher than my opinion of the XBone).

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
theApoc said:
These boards never cease to amaze me. First of all, of course it is spin, gold star to all of you, you just pointed out the obvious. Second of all, I can say without a doubt that I have no reason to upgrade to XBOX ONE since my 360(which is my main entertainment device) does everything I need at the moment. Saying he is completely off base with his assessment of why people have been slow to go next gen is silly.

Microsoft must be seriously worried.
I would seriously doubt that.
But I'm extremely satisfied with my PS3, and have yet to move over to next gen. That doesn't change the fact that more people are choosing the PS4 for their next gen device then an Xbox one. Doesn't his logic swing both ways? To say that only PS4 fanboys dislike Microsoft at the moment is willful ignorance, since Sony clearly lost the last generation to Microsoft. If Microsoft is falling behind in sales, it's because they became arrogant and complacent, and Sony was able to exploit that. Will Microsoft eventually catch up the the PS4? Almost certainly, but only after they finish bailing on all the features that gamers didn't want. Microsoft needed to remember what it felt like to be humbled by their consumer base. They aren't quite there yet, but their figuring it out.

Some of these ivy league prep school PR jocks need to come out of their ivory towers and learn how to relate to the average consumer again. All this manipulative PR spinning is making me nautious. The saddest part is that I don't think they are scared. I really think they believe their own rhetoric, since they seem to doubling down on some of their own ideas. Voice control? Please.

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
Oh god they're at it again, its best to stop while your ahead guys just less putting your foot in your mount for god's sake you know this will only worm us up for a self impolation at E3 and lets not suffer that again. I hope microsoft's PR department learns to shut people up better in the future.