Microsoft: People More Satisfied With Xbox 360 Than PS3

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Yopaz said:
http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

These won't be 100% accurate and you're right. It doesn't specify shipped or sold, but this is some kind of source at least. Do you have any kind of source to back up your claim? Any at all? Even just a tiny one?

You are complaining about Microsoft making claims they can't back up. Then you make a claim you can't back up. Then you counter that by accusing me of the same thing.m Please do provide a source that can explain exactly what you claimed in your first post or I will disregard you completely as a hypocrite. You demand quantifiable proof for someone's claim, yet you fail to do so yourself. You demand to see a source yet refuse to provide one. You accuse me of being a hypocrite, yet my first two points in this line clearly shows you got nothing to stand on yourself.

If you don't provide a source I think I might nominate you for hypocrite of the year, because this is golden.
The only thing "golden" about this is that your own link refutes your point and enforces mine. It's also a bit ironic since it's the same link I was going to provide to prove my point.

PlayStation 4 (PS4)
US - 3.47
Europe - 2.70
Japan - 0.56
Rest of the world - 0.76
Total - 7.49

Xbox One (XOne)
US - 3.12
Europe - 1.09
Japan - 0.00
Rest of the world - 0.29
Total - 4.50
[/quote]

The difference between their respective totals is roughly 3 million units, the difference between their respective European totals is nearly 2 million units, and the difference between their total "rest of the world" sales is less than half a million.

Based on this chart it looks like the sales gap between the Xbox One and the PS4 can be attributed to a greater demand for the PS4 in virtually any given market; notably the European market. Hell, the European market alone accounts for the vast majority of the difference in units sold.

But please, continue to argue that the sales gap between the two can be explained by the PS4 being sold in more markets. And please do continue being incredibly rude and hostile towards other posters. It's certainly the best method for reasoned discourse.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Vigormortis said:
Yopaz said:
http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

These won't be 100% accurate and you're right. It doesn't specify shipped or sold, but this is some kind of source at least. Do you have any kind of source to back up your claim? Any at all? Even just a tiny one?

You are complaining about Microsoft making claims they can't back up. Then you make a claim you can't back up. Then you counter that by accusing me of the same thing.m Please do provide a source that can explain exactly what you claimed in your first post or I will disregard you completely as a hypocrite. You demand quantifiable proof for someone's claim, yet you fail to do so yourself. You demand to see a source yet refuse to provide one. You accuse me of being a hypocrite, yet my first two points in this line clearly shows you got nothing to stand on yourself.

If you don't provide a source I think I might nominate you for hypocrite of the year, because this is golden.
The only thing "golden" about this is that your own link refutes your point and enforces mine. It's also a bit ironic since it's the same link I was going to provide to prove my point.

PlayStation 4 (PS4)
US - 3.47
Europe - 2.70
Japan - 0.56
Rest of the world - 0.76
Total - 7.49

Xbox One (XOne)
US - 3.12
Europe - 1.09
Japan - 0.00
Rest of the world - 0.29
Total - 4.50
The difference between their respective totals is roughly 3 million units, the difference between their respective European totals is nearly 2 million units, and the difference between their total "rest of the world" sales is less than half a million.

Based on this chart it looks like the sales gap between the Xbox One and the PS4 can be attributed to a greater demand for the PS4 in virtually any given market; notably the European market. Hell, the European market alone accounts for the vast majority of the difference in units sold.

But please, continue to argue that the sales gap between the two can be explained by the PS4 being sold in more markets. And please do continue being incredibly rude and hostile towards other posters. It's certainly the best method for reasoned discourse.
[/quote]

Just wondering here... You are aware of the fact that Xbox One is not released in large parts of Europe, right? We won't get it before September. I am European. It is not released here. In Europe. Where the largest difference is. Several countries don't have the Xbox One. Most have the PS4. Lots of potential customers, lots of customers who can't buy it even if they want to.

Where you aware of this fact before you replied? Are you aware of it now? You know? The fact that it's not released in all of Europe? The fact that this means a lot of potential loss of customers? Do I have to make this any more clear before you understand it?

Also you are aware of the fact that you did not provide any sources here? You continue to make claims you can't back up. Such as the fact that the Xbox has been released in Europe rather than a few European countries. That is a claim I can prove is wrong quite easily. You called me a hypocrite for demanding a source. I have provided a souce. You accepted that source. You keep ignoring the fact that I have asked for a source.

I don't think we need go on. You complain about claims lacking sources. You make demans of people to provide sources and you refuse to provide any yourself. You are a hypocrite and you have proven that perfectly. I can find two sources for that in this thread alone, both coming from you. I don't want to discuss with hypocrites so good night.

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
Yopaz said:
\
Have you tried not being so rude to it? Maybe it understands you, but decides not to comply?
Don't be ridiculous. Samsung products lack a soul, and therefore cannot feel.
No, they can only feel hatred. This is your phone taking it's tiny revenge in the only way it can.

OT: Is there some school out there where they teach you professional bullshitting? And I don't mean like normal education, in which bullshitting is an important skill that all learn naturally, but like a dedicated bullshitting course where they teach you nothing but how to successfully bullshit? Because this guy is good. While we can plainly see through the troll logic going on here I guarantee this sounds plausible to people who don't know the industry.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
DrOswald said:
No, they can only feel hatred. This is your phone taking it's tiny revenge in the only way it can.
XD

OT: Is there some school out there where they teach you professional bullshitting? And I don't mean like normal education, in which bullshitting is an important skill that all learn naturally, but like a dedicated bullshitting course where they teach you nothing but how to successfully bullshit? Because this guy is good. While we can plainly see through the troll logic going on here I guarantee this sounds plausible to people who don't know the industry.
I don't think this level of bullshitting can be taught. I think it's like, Einstein/Hawking level stuff that you simply have within you or don't.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Yopaz said:
Just wondering here... You are aware of the fact that Xbox One is not released in large parts of Europe, right? We won't get it before September. I am European. It is not released here. In Europe. Where the largest difference is. Several countries don't have the Xbox One. Most have the PS4. Lots of potential customers, lots of customers who can't buy it even if they want to.
"Large parts"? That's rich. The Xbone is already available in the largest markets in Europe. The few it's yet to reach are usually smaller.

Where you aware of this fact before you replied? Are you aware of it now? You know? The fact that it's not released in all of Europe? The fact that this means a lot of potential loss of customers? Do I have to make this any more clear before you understand it?
Do you need to be more condescending? Not entirely sure you could be, honestly.

Besides, while the Xbone isn't available in all markets, the PS4 has routinely been sold out in most of it's respective markets. Demand is still incredibly high.

Also you are aware of the fact that you did not provide any sources here? You continue to make claims you can't back up. Such as the fact that the Xbox has been released in Europe rather than a few European countries. That is a claim I can prove is wrong quite easily. You called me a hypocrite for demanding a source. I have provided a souce. You accepted that source. You keep ignoring the fact that I have asked for a source.
I never once said it was released in every European country. Not once did those words appear in any of my posts. Please stop putting words into my mouth and then vehemently attacking me on them. You look foolish.

By your own link; the same link I was going to post in response; the sales are listed as a general "European" market. These were the numbers I was referring to. You providing those numbers and then attacking me for referencing them is just ridiculous.

I don't think we need go on. You complain about claims lacking sources.
Actually, I didn't at first. You did from the start. My original post was nothing more than an offhand comment on the nonsense being spewed by the PR shill in the OP. You were the one who decided to attack a fellow poster and demand sources.

You make demans of people to provide sources and you refuse to provide any yourself.
When you provide the same links I had planned to provide, what's the point? Redundancy?

You are a hypocrite and you have proven that perfectly. I can find two sources for that in this thread alone, both coming from you. I don't want to discuss with hypocrites so good night.
Good god. Your knickers are really in a bunch, aren't they? Why is it my off-hand comment has angered you more than, say, the bullshit spewed from the Microsoft PR rep or any of the other unsubstantiated claims by the other posters here?

It doesn't matter, really. I honestly don't care. You see, your first post contained this little gem:
The only conclusion is that people love their 360 too much.
You never provided a source for your claim, and yet demanded I provide some for mine. I can only laugh at how irrationally hostile you've been through this entire conversation.

Hypocrite? Why, yes. Yes you are.

Good day to you.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

By the way, my real claim of why the PS4 has outsold the Xbone is a combination of factors including limited markets (to a very small degree) a higher consumer demand for the PS4, a botched reveal and launch on Microsoft's part, and several other reasons. My original post, the one that ired you so, was my way of saying the PR reps claim that the Xbone isn't performing well is because of limited market reach is, at best, only partly true.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
DrOswald said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Yopaz said:
\
Have you tried not being so rude to it? Maybe it understands you, but decides not to comply?
Don't be ridiculous. Samsung products lack a soul, and therefore cannot feel.

Harvard or Columbia school of Journalism?

Kennian

Apr 20, 2009
Yea...people were more satisfied with the 360 and it's 66% failure rate.

i went through six of the damned things, thank the gods the xbox one hasn't had a single interesting exclusive. I might feel bad for missing it.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Vigormortis said:
"Large parts"? That's rich. The Xbone is already available in the largest markets in Europe. The few it's yet to reach are usually smaller.
Well why don't you prove it then? Back up this claim that the 6 European countries that have Xbox One are bigger than the rest of Europe. THIS is the claim I asked you to prove in your first post. Back this claim up with a source if you want to make this claim. Otherwise don't bother replying. You can't make demands and then ignore them.

Vigormortis said:
One would hope something a bit more...quantifiable. I'd never expect as much, but one can hope.
Also this is something you claim you didn't say. I told you I had several sources in this thread alone that you're a hypocrite. Now show me a source that backs up what you claim rather than a source you can interpret to support your claim.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Yopaz said:
Well why don't you prove it then? Back up this claim that the 6 European countries that have Xbox One are bigger than the rest of Europe. THIS is the claim I asked you to prove in your first post. Back this claim up with a source if you want to make this claim. Otherwise don't bother replying. You can't make demands and then ignore them.
Sure thing. After you back up these:
"Not because the difference in games. Not because of preference of one controller."

Please provide your sources that prove the reason no one's buying the One is because more gamers prefer the PS4's controller and it's selection of games. Or are you going to continue to hound me for sources while you've still not backed up your original post. (and the single link you've provided thus far; the one you've openly admitted isn't accurate; is so open to interpretation that it supports my prior assertions as much as any other)

Actually, never mind. I'll do it anyway.
This [http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/countries-spending-most-on-console-and-computer-game.html] and this [http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/14/4620584/xbox-one-launch-delay-european-countries] show that, besides Sweden, all of the top console/gaming purchasing European countries already have the Xbox One available in their markets.

And to further support my point, this [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28seventh_generation%29] shows there's a slightly greater demand for the Playstation brand in Europe than there is for the Xbox brand.

I told you I had several sources in this thread alone
So you've said but you've only ever provided one in total and have made a vast array of unsubstantiated assertions. And the one you did provide, as I said above, doesn't really support your claim.

Now show me a source that backs up what you claim rather than a source you can interpret to support your claim.
You mean like you've done with your dubious source?

that you're a hypocrite.
If I'm a hypocrite then, as you've so eloquently demonstrated, you are a hypocrite with a double standard.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Now please, get off your high horse and kindly redirect your ire at the people that actually deserve it. Namely, the Microsoft/Xbox PR staff.

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
I'll admit, my 360 makes a much nicer paperweight than my PS3. Probably down to the fact that it's hard to use a console for a paperweight when it's actually getting used.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Vigormortis said:
Sure thing. After you back up these:
"Not because the difference in games. Not because of preference of one controller."

Please provide your sources that prove the reason no one's buying the One is because more gamers prefer the PS4's controller and it's selection of games. Or are you going to continue to hound me for sources while you've still not backed up your original post. (and the single link you've provided thus far; the one you've openly admitted isn't accurate; is so open to interpretation that it supports my prior assertions as much as any other)
Oh, you're going to give me an opportunity to be condescending again? Really? Do you like it that much when I start riling up my condescending phrasing? Well you asked for it.

Now you have quoted that completely out of context removing much of the meaning between it. However since you insisted on dragging it to this let me explain this to you. There is this thing called a hypothesis and possibility. I never claimed that the controller had anything to say. I never claimed the games mattered. I presented a hypothesis and a few possibilities. I didn't say this was the case. It wasn't a statement that this DID make up the difference, it was a suggestion that this MIGHT BE CONNECTED. I don't need to back it up with any kind of source material, because I don't present it as facts.

So do you see the difference here? presenting suggestions rather than facts? Do you see the difference between "this might" and "THIS IS! NO QUESTIONS ASKED! NO SOURCE REQUIRED!" because based on your posts the word hypothetical isn't in your dictionary.

Actually, never mind. I'll do it anyway.
This [http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/countries-spending-most-on-console-and-computer-game.html] and this [http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/14/4620584/xbox-one-launch-delay-european-countries] show that, besides Sweden, all of the top console/gaming purchasing European countries already have the Xbox One available in their markets.

And to further support my point, this [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28seventh_generation%29] shows there's a slightly greater demand for the Playstation brand in Europe than there is for the Xbox brand.
And this is just perfect. You reached the conclusion and you have found sources to back it up. I would also have accepted it if you had compared the sales of the Xbox 360 and the PS3 from the earlier VG chartz link since that shows the same trend. The Xbox One has sold 400 000 units less than the PS4 in USA which isn't a lot, but USA is the market where the Xbox brand is the strongest. The European sales being lower was to be expected. Thank you for your time.

So you've said but you've only ever provided one in total and have made a vast array of unsubstantiated assertions. And the one you did provide, as I said above, doesn't really support your claim.
I claimed you were a hypocrite, that's the claim I was pointing towards when I said that. Maybe if you didn't cut up my posts and quoted me out of context you'd be able to understand that. I haven't really made any claims. I claimed that the Xbox One had sold about 400k units less in the US compared to the PS4. I claimed that the Xbox One had not been released in most of Europe and Japan. I didn't claim that was significant and you have managed to prove that it is of no real significance.

redirect your ire at the people that actually deserve it. Namely, the Microsoft/Xbox PR staff.
I won't argue with this one.

Also I apologize for being annoying in my posts. I have agreed with you form the start, but I wanted you to prove it rather than make claims without backing them up. You have now backed up all your claims and I am perfectly satisfied. You have handled this very well.

However as for calling me a hypocrite. Aside from those hypothetical possibilities that MIGHT be of significance, have I claimed anything that I can't prove? All I have referred to is sales numbers (from a source you've accepted) and number of countries where the Xbox One is available (easily found on Microsoft's sites). I can back up all of those claims. What exactly have I said that I can't back up. Quote me where and do not quote me out of context, it's the best way to show you don't actually have a case. Oh, wait you already did that. You already cherry picked HYPOTHETICAL POSSIBILITIES NOT INTENDED TO BE PRESENTED AS FACTS out of context to find claims I can't back up. Silly me and my short term memory. We can end it here if you want to. Or you can explain why you would deliberately quote something hypothetical from my post out of context. You would have done so well with this post if it wasn't for that tidbit.

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
Yikes. Spin any harder Microsoft, and you'll just have to wrap one of your marketing guys in copper wire to corner the electricity market. This is...quite the insult to your audience's intelligence. I'm happy with my PC and PS3 for the most part, thanks. Have fun digging that hole deeper. Perhaps you'll find diamonds down there!

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
Feckin' weh?! The fuck is this guy chatting? If you're playing that ball game than it's more logical to conclude that people are sticking with the 360 because they were put off by the One, what with it being a hefty $100 more expensive than the already heftily priced PS4, less powerful than its competitor, having fewer exclusives that people give a rat's ass about, coming with a feature that no one wanted that hiked the price up significantly, the critical pounding from all angles since it's release, the shitty marketing and bullshit PR like this.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
This just in> Microsoft spin doctor makes a Red Herring.
His idiocy isn't worth expending any more thought on.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I'll agree with everyone else that this guy could grow some award winning roses with this horseshit. Also, people will be laughing at devices you can't talk to? Bollocks. You want to know how many people I've ever seen use siri for anything other than a joke? Fucking zero. What the hell does Microsoft have against buttons? Speaking or flailing wildly at a device are things that people simply aren't interested in, because it makes you like like a complete tit and is a shitload less practical than moving your finger half a centimetre.

KorLeonis

Mar 15, 2010
I own both a 360 and a ps3 (as well as an xbox and ps2), and I'd have to say that I prefer the 360. Not by a huge margin, but enough that I would have stayed with the brand into the next generation. Right up to the point where M$ shat in a box and called in a console. No Yusef, satisfaction with my 360 is NOT why I don't have a XBone.

I'll probably get the ps4 eventually. But at the moment, there really isn't any game on either system that's driving me to upgrade.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Wow, someone's living in their own little world... or desperately trying to please investors/potential investors. One of the two.

I find it kind of funny since I am currently on my third 360 and if I didn't have so many games for the 360 I would have just repurchased them all for the PS3. Hell, I'm still wondering if EB Games will let me exchange the games for the same games but for the PS3 minus exclusives like Halo and Fable.

It's definitely made my sister and I decide that we're only going the Playstation route from now on since they have not let us down so far. Our first PS2 is still working, as is our first PS3 so we are now also the happy owners of a PS4 with no plans to buy an XBone.