Microsoft Unveils Two Natal Games Early

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
StriderShinryu said:
Nothing really shocking here though the Living Statue (what's with that terrible name, btw?) is interesting. It'll be nice to see how your motions translate to your Avatar.. assuming it works well.
If it does work well I would be intrested. Not interested enough to buy it, but it is an nice way to use the tech.

Here's hoping I can grab that little floating blue ball and beat the crap out of it.

Yostbeef

Apr 14, 2010
The only thing i would use that piece of shit for is to trick people into thinking i have force powers by moving the dashboard blades while concealing natal...seriously i would have to move into a bigger apartment which i think is also part of its agenda to further stimulate the economy

"looking for an apartment we have a great one bedroom one bath and a ton of open space for Microsoft's Project Natal and if your in a ROCK BAND plenty of practice space".....Ah i am the only one laughing right now

HuCast

Aug 18, 2006
Im afraid to say it-but NATAL will never offer decent fps games because it has absolutely no buttons or trigger you could push to fire your weapon. You can wave your arms to imitate fighting,throwing,jumping but you need something in your hands when you wanna shoot a gun.

The Ambrosian

Paperboy
May 9, 2009
Demon ID said:
You know I really do like the idea of Natal but with each and every game that I hear about makes me wonder if it's at all worth it. Especially if the rumours are true and it's more like £150 rather than £50.
If I remember right, it was $150 not £150.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I just can't imagine feeling like I'm playing it right. We're used to controllers. Those controllers have fixed combinations of solid, tangible buttons that we memorise and apply to different situations. I can also imagine it being extremely buggy. Even humans often have trouble working out what actions another human is trying to imitate, so I can't imagine a 360 doing it any better.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Looks like they're going the path of the Wii. Shovelware, shovelware, shovelware.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling they lack the fanbase and history to keep people playing.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Boring... You want me to go "wow", then surprise me with K1 kickboxing, Natal, or something like that.

shadowstriker86

Feb 12, 2009
you gotta ask yourself first, has microsoft EVER released something that didnt need a patch/bug/glitch/hardware fix?

HuCast

Aug 18, 2006
bjj hero said:
Boring... You want me to go "wow", then surprise me with K1 kickboxing, Natal, or something like that.
And even this would become boring very fast because all it can offer is a "railgun experience"- you cant really turn around to fight ppl. in your back because then you wont see your screen :)

(imho...im just guessin...The Wii and PS3 give you controllers you can push/move to change the view/angle on the screen-Natal needs your body to achieve that. You cant turn around or look to your right without loosing contact with the screen and that means these movements have to be dropped from the gameplay or are replaced by substitute gestures wich seems kind of odd)

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Am I the only one who thinks Living Statue has been improperly named? Maybe I just misunderstood the description though...it doesn't really sound like a game more like something you mess around with >.>

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
Natal news....therefore, Nintendo gets bashed along with M$. Am I the only one getting tired of this?

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
HuCast said:
bjj hero said:
And even this would become boring very fast because all it can offer is a "railgun experience"- you cant really turn around to fight ppl. in your back because then you wont see your screen :)
You don't tend to turn your back in kickboxing unless you throw a spinning elbow etc. It would be shuffle left/shuffle back/etc. It would become boring fast as most people cant kick for toffee and wouldn't have the stamina to finish a round.

I won't be making the jump to motion control. I will not be buying, I'll stick with my vanilla 360.

imgunagitusucka

Apr 20, 2010
I'm just hoping that at E3 M$ unveil something brain bedazzlingly, scrotum sweatingly, tit tantalizingly AWESOME. And then go SEE! we told you it was the shizzz nit, so nerrrr. If they don't, bury natal with the eye toy, virtual boy, and sega vr.