Microsoft Unveils Two Natal Games Early

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
The Ambrosian said:
Demon ID said:
You know I really do like the idea of Natal but with each and every game that I hear about makes me wonder if it's at all worth it. Especially if the rumours are true and it's more like £150 rather than £50.
If I remember right, it was $150 not £150.
Yes you are correct, but I personally can't help but think they will keep it the same price over here. I might be wrong, but I wouldn't put it past them.

SendMeNoodz84

Jun 11, 2009
As long as "Natal" stays the fuck away from MY games, we wont have a problem. But when I'm gonna have to wave a wand around to play Gears of War, it's war.

TheXRatedDodo

Jan 7, 2009
Steve5513 said:
I can't wait for Natal to fail.
Same here, I honestly can't see it going any other way, and by the way Microsoft is marketing it, it NEEDS to fail just so microsoft get a swift slap upside their arrogant little chops. >:{

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Living Statue, Obstacle Course, Ricochet, and River Rush are most likely pack-ins with the purchase of Natal. The Times also says that about a dozen more Natal-licensed games by other developers will be shown off at E3 2010, which is next week.

Source: LA Times [http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-ca-microsoft-20100613,0,5750062.story]

Wonder if it'll get a name like Natal Sports or Mirco Games if all those are packaged together like that for real.

CycloKyle

Mar 1, 2010
Natal seems too much like the Wii, and way too expensive. I just hope to god that they don't put Natal-specific achievements in Natal-optional games (Fable 2).

That and I have the feeling its going to be super buggy.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
First up, we have Living Statue. This game records players' movements through Natal and translates them to their Xbox Live avatars. Finally, some life will be breathed into those little guys. Players can also sing along with their dancing or whatever movements they choose to make, and when finished will be able to email the disaster/masterpiece to their friends. This is supposedly a way to get Natal players involved with Xbox Live. Hm, I wonder if Living Statue will be misused somehow. Nah.
I prophetize scantly clad avatars with lots of hip thrusting, and, uhm, rapid up-down right arm movement about the crotch...

Seriously though, I'd make a joke about this being made of fail, but these titles really do make that trivial. Just consider this: the R&D money that went into this contraption could have probably fed a few million starving children...

SkyOtic

Mar 10, 2010
I'm so amazed all you guys are biased by two little games -.-' I mean, you guys didn't see it in action. The Wii has its gems too. DO you really think Microsoft is giving a press conference of 2 hours for natal because of 2 little games? Every platform has its shovelware, and even PS Move will have shitty and crappy games, in fact, Move is just a Wii with High-Def graphics and a glowing ball, Wow! Innovation! /sarcasm. Sony proved once again that the only thing they can do is steal. I'm maybe acting like a total fanboy, but judging Natal because of 2 mini-games? That's like judging the Wii on Wii Play -.-' even though you know there are pretty damn good games for the Wii. Also, not every game need guns to be good.

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
My god i swear the ps eye back in the ps2 era was better.
o well. what im ennoyed is natal has its own segment at E3. waste of space.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
After seeing that video with the man and lady and 2 kids SPAZZING out in front of the T.v. I don't think I will ever purchase anything Natal. I bet that video killed a great portion of the potential market if there was any.

If the Wii has taught us anything, is that it's best to avoid shallow gimmicky yet expensive gaming platforms/hardware/software. At least that's what it taught me, I am still disappointed in myself for that.

If companies are SO bent on removing the controller from the player, get a couple of plugs that I can stick to my head and let me mentally control my atmosphere. >:D

Sadly it's an attempt to remove players from their couches... Screw you! My couch is comfy!

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I suppose we can all thank Nintendo for this.

Hopefully these are just games to come with it out of the box, and we'll get some proper stuff separately.

swolf

May 3, 2010
Jaredin said:
Sounds like gimmick games so far...lets hope its not the trend...
Exactly this^...though aren't most Wii games "gimmicky"? If I'm wrong, please correct me with examples. I don't have one but I'll pass along your recommendations to my lil bro (21 y/o btw so go ahead and recommend "M" rated games) who has one. He already has the...um, game with rechargable lightsaber thing...I don't know what it's called and he's not up yet (it's almost 8 am).

The Ambrosian

Paperboy
May 9, 2009
Demon ID said:
The Ambrosian said:
Demon ID said:
You know I really do like the idea of Natal but with each and every game that I hear about makes me wonder if it's at all worth it. Especially if the rumours are true and it's more like £150 rather than £50.
Yes you are correct, but I personally can't help but think they will keep it the same price over here. I might be wrong, but I wouldn't put it past them.
I dont think it'll be that much, but it won't be done to the exchange rate.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
The Ambrosian said:
Demon ID said:
The Ambrosian said:
Demon ID said:
I dont think it'll be that much, but it won't be done to the exchange rate.
Still, with the way Natal is looking right now I doubt i'd buy it. I'm going to say that once I see about 4-5 games I want for it (pre release) i'll really consider buying it. Otherwise fuck it, waste of money for what little enjoyment i'd get from it.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
These are not real games, they are advance tech demos. Read the LA Times Article.

Nova5

Interceptor
Sep 5, 2009
Early on, when Natal was just announced, I thought (based on marketing descriptions) "Hey, this could really be something new and cool." Now, seeing this 'lineup' of games that I guess are supposed to appeal to us gamers, let me say this: Natal is destined to be as gimmicky, useless, and not-developed-for as the PS2's Eye Toy was.

Why? Because of one simple thing: First impressions. First impressions matter. A strong launch title can make or break a system, i.e. HALO and the original XBOX. "Pioneering" (hah!) peripherals aren't exempt from this.

Keepitclean

Sep 16, 2009
Natal looked lame but this is ridiculous. It is almost insulting that people are trying to sell this crap.

It's called Kinect or some bullshit now anyway isn't it?

SkyOtic said:
I'm so amazed all you guys are biased by two little games -.-' I mean, you guys didn't see it in action. The Wii has its gems too. DO you really think Microsoft is giving a press conference of 2 hours for natal because of 2 little games? Every platform has its shovelware, and even PS Move will have shitty and crappy games, in fact, Move is just a Wii with High-Def graphics and a glowing ball, Wow! Innovation! /sarcasm. Sony proved once again that the only thing they can do is steal. I'm maybe acting like a total fanboy, but judging Natal because of 2 mini-games? That's like judging the Wii on Wii Play -.-' even though you know there are pretty damn good games for the Wii. Also, not every game need guns to be good.
All the Wii's good games could be played properly without motion control though.