Microsoft: We Lost Our Way With Recent Halo Games

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I'm confused, weren't those Halo games liked a lot more than 3 and 2? Multiplayer not counting of course. I mean I was even more interested in those, I hated 2 and 3 was just bad looking to me. ODST looked fun at least.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Shycte said:
Kinda like when Shigeru Miyamoto shat all over Mario Sunshine when promoting Mario Galaxy.

Anyway, I really liked Reach, it was nice to se a diffrent perspective. But I see what he is saying. Thing is, it still didn't confuse anyone, because that would like being confused about George W Bush having left the White House. If you aren't knowing what's going on, you should just lie down and wait for someone else to do your thinking for you, because you clearly aren't any good at it.
Or how Peter Molyneux shits all over his previous game when promoting the next one. Every single time.

XxSummonerxX

May 17, 2009
Abandon4093 said:
Errr..... hmmmm

I was looking forward to Halo 4. Now I'm not sure.

Master Chief is cool, but there was nothing wrong with Reach. Infact, I'd say one of the best games in the series. ODST had poor pacing and story telling. Not to mention retarded animation. But it was still good.

I hope they're being faithful to the series. Chief alone does not a game make.
What he said. Reach is my favourite... or at least up there with CE. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
FinalDream said:
Aww but I liked Nathan Fillion and co. in ODST. All the banter and chatter brought a little life into the protagonists for a change.

The Master Chief is dull. I didn't want to see his return.
Agreed here. ODST and Reach were far better than the first three games. It helped having a crew of people with personalities that I could actually care about.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
They didn't suck because they didn't have MC in them, ODST was actually good, if a little needing of some better story, and the main reason Reach sucked so hard was that all of the characters, especially the main one, were about as interesting as a wart on a fat guy in the middle of Iran, the story was ridiculously rollarcoastery (New words ftw!) and the cannon was fucked so hard in the ass, it exploded.

Microsoft need to shut up, and Bungie need to stop making Halo...oh wait, that last part has already happened. Maybe Halo 4 won't suck as much as I'm expecting it to be.

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
Yes, MS, you've lost your way on Halo, but not because you branched out from Master Chief. Your misstep was making ALL the Halos since 2 xbox exclusive. Just about every PC game worth mentioning in the last 15 years or so has been released on your OS and you can't be bothered to port one of your flagship franchises?

KaiusCormere

Mar 19, 2009
Does anyone know or care about Master Chief as a character? I would imagine not. ESPECIALLY the kind of frat-boy crowd that gives a damn about Halo. Chances are they mash the buttons furiously to skip any cutscenes anyway.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
lordlillen said:
i actually dont want to play as a master cheff, he's boring bland and unintresting, i would rather play a non-charackter like noble 6 or gordon freeman then a boring bland space marine.
Lol, because Gordon Freeman has SO much personality.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
The strangest thing is, out of ALL the Halo games, I enjoyed ODST and Reach the most because I WASN'T Master Chief.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
So, in summary, you "lost your way" because the story of Halo was expanded to include - you know - other people fighting the war...and not because the Halo series has reached some sort of completion and that you're just soaking the customers for greenbacks. Is that about right, Microsoft?

Pffft... I still want Bill Gates to take up my challenge to give up everything and try to make another mega-fortune, because obviously his company makes it too easy.

Gpoisonstar

Aug 30, 2010
That sounds like a weak excuse for milking the Master Chief image. It makes me wonder if Master Chief will go the way of Sonic the Hedgehog

ZeroAE

Jun 7, 2010
Thats the stupidest thing I have heard in all the day.
The trilogy, in which Master Chief is protagonist, happens around 20 years since the start of the Human-Covenant war.
There is 20 years worth of stories. Making them all around MC would be too much.
ODST and Reach shows other other stories, which are a change of pace and make us learn more about the universe.
No problem that MC is the protagonist of some games, but in all of them? Just no.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
Microsoft might as well announce " we are carrying on that whole Master Chief gets lost on an unknown planet ending from Halo 3, please be interested".

Really, I am not going to support them in wringing dry what should be a finished series. Like that'll hurt their sales numbers...

thathaloguy117

Mar 17, 2011
The 2 biggest reasons I liked Reach and ODST was because there was no flood. I still think every Halo game was well made and they all had great stories.

thathaloguy117

Mar 17, 2011
ZeroAE said:
Thats the stupidest thing I have heard in all the day.
The trilogy, in which Master Chief is protagonist, happens around 20 years since the start of the Human-Covenant war.
There is 20 years worth of stories. Making them all around MC would be too much.
ODST and Reach shows other other stories, which are a change of pace and make us learn more about the universe.
No problem that MC is the protagonist of some games, but in all of them? Just no.
I think they should make one of the new Halo games completely (or almost completely) based around a covenant story, or better yet a Forerunner story. I just hope to God they don't mess up my favorite series.

flaviok79

Feb 22, 2011
Spencer is being a corporate boy scout and doing what Microsoft told him to, to soil the good name o Bungie while trying to keep the Halo franchise alive. This is predictable, as Bungie's deal with Activision must have made them enemies of Gates and his minnions.

Be carefull, 343 Industries, you may loose clients to the Playstation, since some of the most interesting developers don't want to be exclusive anymore (Bioware, bringing ME2 and 3 to the PS3, and Bungie giving Microsoft the finger).

Also, that reskin of Halo 1 you are making? John looks awful. Just ugly.

ODST and REACH are the best halos, and Bungie took that direction because, since the Master Chief is so sacred, nothing interesting can happen to him. He became immortal. So they marauded him over the galactic rimm and had all the other characters take him for dead. Subtle as a sore thumb.