Microsoft: We Want to Adapt the Xbox One to "What Gamers Want"

Multi-Hobbyist

Oct 26, 2009
If you want to be an "all in one powerful machine" you can start by merging with sony or nintendo, then maybe, just maybe, if you're great enough, you can talk with Valve. Or if you want to remain independent and tall, you can make finished games. Or if you want to keep rushing things, you can make them worthwhile and do episodes like TellTale at the very least.

Or, Microsoft, you can sod off altogether. I'm personally a fan of the very first option, but the last one is a close second. "Listening" my arse. "Adapt the system to what gamers want" no. Never. It's never what we want. It'll never be. Not at the rate and path you continue to follow.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Hazy said:
Evonisia said:
Insert random "I hate Microsoft" comment.

Insert random "I love PS4/PC/Wii U/Handheld" comment.

Snide or sly comment on Microsoft's policies which have been replaced or dropped.
I will never forgive a company that, half a year ago, was ready to butt-fuck me in every way I could be fucked in regards to gaming.

They shot themselves in the foot and they absolutely knew it, and when people were rightfully outraged, they backpedaled and people bought right back into their shit.

Boggles my mind, but that's just my two cents.
There's a difference between forgiving and simply not trying to kick them down every chance one gets, a pretty huge difference.

I imagine when the Xbox 2 is announced there will still be people going "Sod off, MS", "Lol DRM", "Hope it crashes and burns" because of what happened at that disaster of an announcement.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
what games want: A cost-effective console that plays good games.
Cut the kinect and drop the price and we'll talk. As it is, I'm not inclined to pay an extra $100 dollars for features I don't give a damn about.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
Gamers want things related to video games attached to their console. So yeah, would have been better time and money spent to make 360 games backwards compatible rather then the insane millions put in to get TV and Kinect integrated.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Huh, what a surprise. Been having trouble selling it to businesses as an expensive Skype box, eh fellas? Couldn't convince enough couch potatoes that Kinect is the remote of the future? Gee, you might actually have to make it attractive to gamers now...

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
Everyone's said it, but "GAMES". Also a kinect-free version so the price can drop. But the latter is an annoyance, not a dealbreaker. Mostly I see no reason to buy your console.

On the other hand, I have no problem with wanting to be a media center too. I'm primarily a PC gamer, and god knows my computer is a media machine as much as a gaming one.
Evonisia said:
There's a difference between forgiving and simply not trying to kick them down every chance one gets, a pretty huge difference.

I imagine when the Xbox 2 is announced there will still be people going "Sod off, MS", "Lol DRM", "Hope it crashes and burns" because of what happened at that disaster of an announcement.
Eh, Sony had a LOT of bad will with the PS3, and that faded before that generation was over. I figure MS can recover. On the other hand, I have no intention (currently) of purchasing an XBOne or PS4, and I honestly don't have the self-awareness to say how much of that is ongoing policy resentment...

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Well, typically you want to make your gaming console so that gamers will want it, since primary audience.
You should really have done this step first.

Remove the Kinect, make it out of better parts so it doesn't end up like the 360 and breaking more than any other console in history, make games, don't force installs unless you up the size of the hard drive.

Aggieknight

Dec 6, 2009
joeman098 said:
EndlessSporadic said:
Games. We want games.
BUT I NEED SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORTS, AND TV AND SPORTS, and multi tasking, and sports , and kintect, and sports did i mention sports
Exactly...

Here's how to get me to buy one, M$ - make it backward compatible and start advertising it as a gaming console.

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
Want to make it "What gamers want" eh

Here's a start, have more sales on your online store, input backwards compatibility, remove the sub fee for X-bone live, get rid of all the crappy games on your system, end the TV SPORTS TV AND SPORTS ALONG WITH YOUR GAMES ALL IN ONE OMG! and put the focus back on making good games, don't force gamers to use the kinect if they don't want it and IDK earn back our trust?

Which will probably take at least a few years with no BS at all, but this is the game industry so yeah sorry micro$oft not buying it