Microsoft: "We've Lost Our Way" on PC Gaming

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
Oh no. No no no. NO!

Microsoft, you stay the fuck away from PC gaming! Games for Windows Live sucked. I do not plan to, and absolutely refuse to pay for Xbox Live to play my PC games that I paid for online on my paid internet connection on my PC.

The further Microsoft stay away from PC gaming, the better. I don't care if they're offering PC ports of Halo, Forza, Fable or whatever else, it's not worth their pay wall crap. Seriously M$, keep doing what you do on Xbox, those guys playing on XBL right now love it. I don't want anything to do with it, that's why I game on PC.

This is the point where I'm so happy that Linux is getting more support. If something like GFWL or god forbid something worse comes along, I'm nope'ing out.

deadish

Dec 4, 2011
PC will never be a high priority as it will cannibalize Xbox revenue - that they badly need to shore up, the whole venture is in the red still to my knowledge, to appease investors.

No reason to work on PC to be honest. Unlike with the Xbox, they don't get a cut of game revenue.

IMHO this announcement is just to try to get us to buy Windows 10 and nothing more.

PS:

In addition, it's my pet theory that in the grand scheme of things, whatever work is done on the PC side is still to benefit the struggling Xbone - no doubt they will try to leverage Windows with a "look how easy it is to port between Windows and Xbone" angle; for now anyway, once easy portability has outlived it's usefulness, it back to leaving PC to rot.