Middle-Aged Gamer Assaults Teen Over Black Ops Beatdown

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
Aggravated assault.

TBF (frank)
1. why are they still playing that game, get a broader range (you too BF3 freaks).
2. Equivalent of road rage, you cut someone off then give them the finger and don't expect an assault then that's your fault.
3. Anonymity isn't an excuse to act like an arse.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
krychek57 said:
Wait, what happened to game ratings and good parenting?
Thank you! "then you shouldn't be playing games" It's not Spyro-the-fucking-dragon it's an M rated first person shooter.
Kid deserved it, happened in the wild the guy woulda killed him, nature would run it's course, end of fucking story.

samaugsch

Oct 13, 2010
GestaltEsper said:
Let me get this straight, going to Facebook Memorial pages to talk shit about the deceased to the grieving family is perfectly alright and within freedom of speech, but apparently talking trash in an online match is grounds for getting your ass kicked?

...Stay classy Escapist.
Umm, I would think the grieving family would want to kick the ass of anyone who talks trash about the deceased...

Ammutseba

Sep 24, 2010
The kid deserved it and the mother shouldn't be a mother if she can't raise a single child.

Matt Hancox

Sep 30, 2011
While I think it's despicable that an adult would take something like that so far (most people would go for the mute button), that kid shouldn't be playing that game!
Either game stores need to rethink their policy on who they sell their products to, or more likely parents need to take an interest in how their kids are spending their free time and regulate what games they are playing. With parental controls on modern consoles, no kid should be able to play that game in a responsable household.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
You see, now my minds in some weird paradoxical zone here.

On one hand, you have a kid being an asshole.

On another, you have a grown man kinda overreacting.

Kid shouldn't have been playing the game in the first place.

Guy needs to get over it, it's just a video game.

Regardless of age, he shouldn't be trash talking at all.

Then again, what qualifies as trash talking or simply messing around?

However, why not simply play the damn game?

Back and forth, back and forth and forth, back and forth, back and forth, UGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

Aikayai

May 31, 2011
Some day, parents will be prosecuted for letting their kids interact with material deemed unsuitable. Some day...

UltraXan

Mar 1, 2011
Simple fact is, that kid trash talked because he thought he could get away with it. It's the internet, after all. BUT he would never have been ready if shit hit the fan, like it evidently did. Then, naturally, the kid points fingers and says it isn't his fault... Fuck you, kid, I don't pity you. You're gonna be rude, you deserve to get fucked up, whether it's via the internet or in real life.

Reminds me of a story... Apparently, some kids got on a public bus, and one of them yelled some some of racist remark at an Asian man just as the bus was leaving. The man actually *ran* after the bus, and the kid freaked out because of it. When the bus stopped, the man told the kid that he could actually press charges against him (This story was presented to me in law class). In the end, the boy apologized, they reconciled, everything was dandy... With these two stories, there's lessons to be learned. If you're gonna be an ass, be ready to live with the consequences if the guy you're being an ass do decides he ain't gonna have it.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
GiantRaven said:
I'd wager it equally pathetic for a 13 year old to throw insults at a grown man through a videogame.
This. The man should have known better, yeah. But the kid shouldn't get off scoot free...He brought it on himself.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
Middle-Aged Gamer Assaults Teen Over Black Ops Beatdown
As someone who teaches middle schoolers, I can fully understand one driving you to the point that you want to beat each and every shit straight from them. Seriously.

But, in fairness, it is another thing to actually search him out to do it. If he's in arms' reach? Go for it. Otherwise, just find the nearest child and beat him. Odds are, he's done something recently enough to warrant it.

warmonkey

Dec 2, 2009
I'm pretty shocked so many of you are appalled at the thought of a 13 year old playing an M-rated game.

Seriously? man alive. When I was 13, WE DIDN'T HAVE AN ESRB. I was allowed to play pretty much anything I would've wanted to, and watch most any movie I'd care to (with some thought taken to the movies -- games are never TRULY scary, but movies can be).

What, do you people actually think video games cause violence? Or that video games are too frightening or mature for kids? I don't get it. ESRB ratings are just so video game makers don't get sued by parents because Little Johnny bought a game with blood and guts and cleavage in it -- just like movies rated R aren't inappropriate for kids under 18, but they're rated R so parents don't sue because Little Billy saw some violence and a boob.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Well he done it in a bad way but the kids (I call people double my age kids...) that trash talk on Xbox should be treated like this. Why can't you just let everyone have fun?

Calbeck

Bearer of Pointed Commentary
Jul 13, 2008
"Bradford went to the house, entered the room where they were playing, grabbed his tormenter around the throat and started choking him."

/me applauds