Minecraft Endermen: Good Idea?

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Personally, I think these things will be bloody hilarious. I plan on getting into staring contests with one.

To be entirely honest, I want one as a pet.

Dark marauder

Jul 19, 2009
So they pretty much have made a creature who you cant escape from effectivly making structures useless once seen and making windows pretty much up there with lava in a wooden house in terms of deadliness so i guess its back to the no where to move holes in the ground and waiting for day for me then

viperwarp

Jul 8, 2010
Lock eyes on it, walk up to it while it holds still, place TNT, ignite and run backwards without looking away!

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Really Notch? A monster that dooms us if we so much as look at it?

Why not just make an invincible unavoidable monster that routinely kills us every five minutes while you're at it?

Maybe have some creepers spawn with nukes tied to them, so that when they blow up they destroy everything you worked for.

How about a monster that if it kills you it deletes your game and you have to buy a new copy?

I am, of course, kidding. I ain't afraid of no Enderman. Any of those Enderman get up in my grill I'll just kill them like anything else that gets in my way.

Jan 29, 2009
BlackLurker said:
But -this- will be what makes me quit Minecraft. My Legos don't scare me this much.
This made me lol, it needs to be printed on the Adventure Update page. XD

Anyways, I wonder how hard it would be to use eye-tracking to detect when YOU are looking at it, not the reticle.

azukar

Sep 7, 2009
That's... absolutely horrifying :D
I tend to play Minecraft on Peaceful more often than not, because I'm more interested in adventure and construction than monster fighting, but this might make me want to switch on the nasties just to see what happens!

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
lacktheknack said:
Delightful. The Slenderman connection is pretty obvious, and combined with the appearance, three meter height, and ability to move blocks (yep!), it's destined to become a creepy mob, maybe knocking the Creeper off its post of "Worst Encounter To Have At Night".

In fact, I guarantee that it will. At least you are FASTER than Creepers.
Oh, mother of god. This is going to reap hell with my cave exploration.

I wonder if one thing that might offset it is if it freaking roars at you while it charges, so instead of being a teleporting superspeed/strength zombie with no noise, it's basically a berserker, and you can always tell when it's chasing you. Maybe that noise attracts all other monsters in the vicinity, just to be even more of a bastard.

This simple addition will leave creepers at the top of the "biggest dicks in gaming" list.

Hell, you know what would be really creepy? If you saw one, then turned and ran, and it teleports in front of you. Scare the living shit out of you, that would.

Not George Carlin

Jan 11, 2011
[HEADING=3]Immediate Reactions:[/HEADING]
Does it stop when you look back at it?
What does it drop when you kill it?
Can it teleport INSIDE my house?
Where does it spawn?
Can it move things like iron?
Does it attack other mobs?
What... noises will it make?
How long until it finds it's way into my nighmares?

Some_weirdGuy

Nov 25, 2010
I want it to be able to bat you through the air, and be silent. :p

You accidentally look at one without realising, suddenly you're flying through the air. You look back and see one of them had come up behind you and slapped you off the mountain top and its now staring back at you ominously.

What i think would actually be really cool is if you look at one and they /all/ turn to you. Wherever you go they follow at a distance. More and more of them keeping appearing. then by some trigger(maybe after a certain number are following you) they're after you with sideways maws and evil eyes all at once and they move to fast to escape.

Basically as soon as you look at one you'd be saying as many profanities as you could think of while looking for a place to hold out (or digging a hole in the ground and sealing yourself in till the night is over)

----
b yeah, freaky creepy stuff is cool. Glad minecraft is taking the creepy track with its monsters rather than dragons elves and unicorns (lame fantasy crap).

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
lacktheknack said:
Kapol said:
lacktheknack said:
Kapol said:
Honestly... that seems a bit unfair. And the fact it can hold blocks makes me worry it'll be able to just deconstruct your buildings for the hell of it, otherwise holding blocks would seem pointless. I just hope he adds the option to turn off individual mobs with the update. Plus, having this would make having windows in your house or building not worth it due to danger. So basically... bleh.
He said that they'd "move blocks around", and I'm guessing they'll stick to sand, gravel and maybe dirt (they don't have any tools). Your stone base would be safe.

I... hope.
I doubt it. It sounds like they can simply pick them up instead of having to destroy them, so that would mean they can just grab them and walk away while you cry gently to yourself.
I don't think Notch is QUITE that evil.

He does play Minecraft himself, you know.
Isn't he? ISN'T HE!? I honestly think it's a possibility... but we won't know until the update is released. That's why I hope he adds the ability to turn certain mods (friendly or not) on and off. But yea... dungeons are going to get much more difficult with these guys, and if they can move any type of block... well...

God save us all.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
I've prided myself on building various traps to mess with the monsters that wander by my house at night. This Enderman presents an interesting challenge that I look forward to outwitting.

Garchomp445

Jun 28, 2011
Once I heard him mention the Weeping Angels, I started nervously laughing. I just realized how terrifing these things will be. Endermen will probably be bearable if:
1.) They are very, very rare. Just a little bit more common than lava pits aboveground.
2.) They are succeptable to sunlight, or have a weakness, like wood or gold shovels.
3.) They shouldn't spawn in packs.
4.) They should drop something really, really good.
5.) They shouldn't be provocated through windows.
Or, instead of all of those,
-1.) They should only appear on the "normal" or "hard" difficulty settings.
Yeah... whatever happens, minecraft is going to change quite a bit due to these new monsters. It probably won't affect me, because whenever I see a monster underground I turn it on peaceful...

snowpuppy

Feb 18, 2011
hahah, THOUGHT!
If you go to sleep and it spawns at the foot of your bed... FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Eventidal

Nov 11, 2009
This needs to be effected by difficulty.

I mean, imagine if the difficulties ALL changed spawns. On Normal, you get the usual night-time baddies plus sword-wielding skeletons and Endermen. On Hard, you might run into zombies with pickaxes that can mine through dirt and stone, but will only notice you through walls if you're placing/breaking blocks while within their larger aggro range. (they would follow the sounds of the blocks) And maybe stuff like ghosts and werewolves, too, occasionally. Nothing game-breaking or anything that ruins the Minecraft survival feel, but imagine you hear howling in the distance. You don't run into werewolves most nights, but when you hear/see one, you hide ASAP.