Minecraft Getting Scarier After Halloween Update

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
AC10 said:
Tom Goldman said:
torches will now die, though they can be reignited with flint.
I just died a little inside.
IMO flint is much more valuable than a cheap torch, not worth the cost of re-lighting it.
I can't imagine it will use up a piece of flint in one go. Flint will probably get an endurance bar.

Edit: Oh wait I'm an idiot, it means the flint and steel thing which already has an endurance meter.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
AugustFall said:
AC10 said:
Tom Goldman said:
torches will now die, though they can be reignited with flint.
I just died a little inside.
IMO flint is much more valuable than a cheap torch, not worth the cost of re-lighting it.
I can't imagine it will use up a piece of flint in one go. Flint will probably get an endurance bar.

Edit: Oh wait I'm an idiot, it means the flint and steel thing which already has an endurance meter.
Ah that makes sense yeah.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
Serris said:
Swaki said:
but i like that the torches last forever, i have about a hundred of them and most of them are in impossible to reach places, i cant run up from my underground city of the lost every so often to light the torches, that patch better add robots too that will do these mundane tasks for you so i, the hero, can focus on building and killing.
but think of how much fun you'll have running round your underground city.
never feeling safe. except for those few moments, after you've slaughtered tens of mobs. you'll give a sigh of relief, preparing to return to your crafting table to make new gear. and when you turn around, you'll know it's too late to start running.

SSSSSSSSS
...that sounds... great?

anyone wanna buy a slightly used copy of minecraft, and some very used slightly shatted pants?

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Lanterns will be nice, but I already have several fire pits in my mine that i toss rubble into that already stay burning. Hope that doesn't change, tho it already is the only use I have for flint lol

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Man I can't wait. I've been reading about this on the Minecraft forums. I picked it up after reading about it here and I can't put it down. Such an awesome game,and I haven't even tried online yet. The update sounds awesome :D.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
I was thinking of getting into Minecraft, but I think I'll hold off now. It's mainly because of the torch issue, which I think will be the big kick in the nuts for a lot of players. Maybe things will revert in time, but even if they do not, I would prefer not to grow familiar to a perma-torch setting only to have it robbed from me. In other words, I might as well get used to having them burn out from the get-go.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Sneaky-Pie said:

From the Escapist Server we have going.
WE HAVE AN ESCAPIST SERVER???
IP, NOW!

D: Why didn't anyone tell me?

Tankichi said:
I need money to buy this game lol. I played the alpha and it was so much fun.
Erm, Alpha version is the latest one out. You need to buy it to play.

Marsell

Nov 20, 2008
I see he is ignoring the problem where you can be blindsided by a skeleton and be knocked into a pit and into lava and lose all you stuff.
Also, torches dying is a good way to piss people off.