Minecraft Multiplayer Brought Down by DDoS Attack

IRaithI

Mar 10, 2010
Somethingfake said:
IRaithI said:
When I think more and more about this I would do this:

1. Shut down minecraft. (Singleplayer/multiplayer)

2. Demand a big..."donation" from the idiots who did it.
And punish those that did nothing wrong? That's just as bad as the cocks that launched the attack.
Hey thats what I would do anyway...Because if someone is being a jerk towards me I respond in kind. Maybe I'm just a bad person, but cmon...the thing that they did is just idiotic. Its like cutting the power to Trayarch's building so they'd make CoD Black Ops faster.

Deylin

Oct 22, 2010
I have to say, I'm not entirely shocked to see anyone who was once affiliated with 4chan doing something like this. I'm not saying that everyone who goes to 4chan stoops to a level like this, but it's honestly a breeding ground to the scum and villainy that we've all come across while using the internet.

Call me crazy, but after reading this I became more intrigued with the game, so much I bought it. Maybe this could affect the game in a positive manner? Perhaps this could get even more folks on board for the game?

Gray Monk

Sep 25, 2010
If this is legit 83,000 bots? Seriously what the fuck I can imagine this.
Email from [email protected] FREE STUFF CLICK ME. Guy: I want free stuff! *clicks on email* Virus warning this attachment is attempting to access your computer allow or disallow. Guy: Allow so I can get free stuff! *Allow* FREE STUFF HAS BEEN DOWNLOADED! Guy: now ill open it! *opens window saying go to WWW.SCAMSCAMSCAM.COM FOR THE FREE STUFF! The end

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
Well damn... First a cracked MW2 network that I play on that I'm not going to advertise here for obvious reasons and then Minecraft? I'm getting really tired of all these DDoS attacks. All they do is deny the players access. What did they ever do?
Next they'll start attacking something else I really like.

Faeriian

Oct 5, 2009
notch has been too nice.. now the people think they own him.. he should take a vacation and shut down the servers for a while..

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
Aaaaaaaaaaaand /v/ remains as whiny and unlikeable as it has ever been.

Seriously, have you been there? It's worse than /g/.

Smallells

Feb 18, 2010
Never played Minecraft. However, the attack is completely unwarranted, I don't see the logic behind; let's break a game to make it better.
Also, they ruined any semblance of an argument they may have had with the term 'newfags'. Morons.

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
the real question is, if you had a botnet, why the heck would you attack minecraft before 4chan?!

Gray Monk

Sep 25, 2010
Glaive_21842 said:
Lets hope Notch withholds ALL updates to minecraft till the attacks stop ^_^. Hell, better yet, withold updates till the perpetrator are arrested! Can you imagine the kind of internet manhunt that could create?

When operation payback has been going on for quite a while now with illegal DDOS attacks and nothing has happened, really the government can't do much and frankly probably don't care.

Master_Corruptor

Jan 14, 2009
Close it all down and let them han NO updates at all...

Let it hibernate for a month or two and then take it back up again.
If they attack again... Take it down for a longer hibernation period.

If they wanna play thug, then Notch should respond with a falcon punch !

Vyce

Chaos Dragon
Mar 19, 2009
If they're really 'fans' they should also know that Notch, the creator, has been busy trying to make Mojang Specifications, a legally official company. Not to mention he has been working on the big Halloween update, which he's announced and said 'fans' should already know about it.

Hopefully these idiots won't wreck anything :/

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Has anyone checked on Shamus [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/experienced-points/8194-Experienced-Points-Mine-all-Minecraft]? I think it'd be a good idea to check on him. He may be going through withdrawal, and people in that state can do some strange things.

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
Master_Corruptor said:
Close it all down and let them han NO updates at all...

Let it hibernate for a month or two and then take it back up again.
If they attack again... Take it down for a longer hibernation period.

If they wanna play thug, then Notch should respond with a falcon punch !
Once again, bad business sense. You don't punish the 400,000+ good customers because of the actions of a few bad eggs.

Ajna

Doublethinker
Mar 19, 2009
Does anyone in this thread realize that by complaining, they're amusing Anonymous? That's the whole point of trollin'. Get people butthurt, and then laugh at them.

Ever heard "don't feed the troll"? Don't give them a news story, that's just what makes them happy. And don't let the topic reach 7 goddamn pages of people saying that Anonymous is full of pricks. We knew that already.

/rant