Minecraft's Deadly New Ghasts Will Burn You

jonnosferatu

Mar 29, 2009
ranger19 said:
Vanguard1219 said:
Here's something that I've been wondering: can Ghasts and other "Hell" mobs travel through portals into the "real" dimension? I know that nothing definite about that subject has been said (if anything), but I'm curious if it'll be a potential danger of building one of these portals in the first place.
That would be... positively terrifying. As it is, I'm still scared of whatever things go bump in the night in the real world: I'm still a minecraft noob and I'm trying not too look everything up online and survive by word of mouth.

Man, this sounds like what the Oblivion gates should have been (not that that wasn't an awesome game in it's own right).
If you need 10 Obsidian to craft it, the risk of you not being prepared by the time you can build one is quite low.

Well, unless something's changing.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
jonnosferatu said:
If you need 10 Obsidian to craft it, the risk of you not being prepared by the time you can build one is quite low.

14 obsidian. A 4 by 5 frame would take five along each of the vertical supports and two more each at the top and bottom to connect the supports. Make sure you have enough if you intend to build a second portal while in Hell, particularly if fleeing for your life.:)

jonnosferatu

Mar 29, 2009
Formica Archonis said:
jonnosferatu said:

14 obsidian. A 4 by 5 frame would take five along each of the vertical supports and two more each at the top and bottom to connect the supports. Make sure you have enough if you intend to build a second portal while in Hell, particularly if fleeing for your life.:)
Whoops, was thinking 4x4 for some reason.

Not that it changes anything significant about my post. >.>

Marsell

Nov 20, 2008
He is releasing alot of stuff to challenge the player, not so much stuff to help you deal with said challenges, cept the lantern and thats just replacing one light source with another.

Hell gate thing looks sweet tho.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Vanguard1219 said:
Here's something that I've been wondering: can Ghasts and other "Hell" mobs travel through portals into the "real" dimension? I know that nothing definite about that subject has been said (if anything), but I'm curious if it'll be a potential danger of building one of these portals in the first place.
More info has been released. They haven't concluded, but I can guarantee you they won't. And if they did, only the zombie pigs would get through (they're harmless if you don't attack them). The ghasts are much too massive to get through a two-by-three portal. Also, it's now known as "The Slip".

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
subject_87 said:
And really, flaming obsidian is an awesome way to travel anywhere. Ooh ooh, and can you fling yourself through Hell portals?
Nope. You have to stand in it for several seconds.