Miracle of Sound: Roll Out (Transformers)

Helikaon

Sep 18, 2012
MiracleOfSound said:
phoenixbeast said:
Ok, I may need a moment to pick my jaw up off the floor and stop drooling...THAT WAS INCREDIBLE! I've been waiting for a Transformers song for so long and it was so much better than I could have imagined. It seemed like there were a few different styles incorporated and they all flowed and meshed together so well...Brilliant work!
It was nice to have the extra 2 weeks to work on this one. I think it shows in the production in that I was able to try a lot of different ideas and mix it up a bit.
I've been a fan of yours since the beginning, Gav. It's Brilliant to see/hear how you've developed as an artist over a relatively short space of time.

If the extra 2 weeks per track means you can deliver even better songs for us, Level 3 may be one of my favourite albums ever made!

Keep up the fantastic work.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
The_Lost_King said:
The song was OK. Though when it comes to your songs, Gavin, they are better if you like or are familiar with the material it is covering and I am not a huge fan of transformers.
Nor am I and I loved it. Also I never even played WFC or FOC so I have no familiarity with Transformers other than the Bay movies.

This makes me want to play Fall of Cybertron though.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
That was seriously kick ass, Gav. You alway make it worth the wait in-between songs.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
I never grew up with the transformers. Now I feel left out :(

Awesome song though. I absolutely loved the chorus!
On a side note is fall of Cybertron worth playing if I never really watched transformers?

Fatninja716

Jun 30, 2011
Dude. You just blew my mind that was amazing. Every change in tone was perfect and the scenes used were awesome. I know I shouldn't be surprised at this point. . . but wow!

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
My sole exposure to Transformes was Beast Wars (Don't kill me!) a very long time ago,when it was new. And I don't really like Transformers much anyways. But I just LOVE this song. It just rocks all sorts of socks.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
Roll Out (Transformers)

Pedal to metal time to kick some chrome! Spoilers for Tranformers: Fall of Cybertron.

Watch Video
Well I didn't see that coming at all.

Awesome song once again and I can see why you went from two songs to one song a month now, you really do have more time to work with it. :D

Just wondering but do you have anything special planned for next month and halloween and all?

I've always wanted to see if you could do something creepy with the Resident Evil games or Silent Hill series. Guess my request would be a spooky action type song for "Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City", just throwing that out there.

IMAGinES

Jun 1, 2009
TheNaut131 said:
I found myself smiling giddily like an 8 year old. I FUCKING LOVED IT! Sure, it was upbeat and cheesy, but you know what? It ain't Linkin Park so it's okay me!
With you there!

For a minute I was thinking "Rockin' robot race? Hrm. Sounds a bit silly."

Then my inner six-year old shoved me out of the way, said, "That's cause he didn't write it for YOU, old man!" and started bouncing to the beat!

Ashley Blalock

Sep 25, 2011
That was the most fun with Transformers in a while. A geeky joy that I just couldn't ever get from the live action films, so congrats on providing more geeky satisfaction than a huge production team with millions to spend.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Rack said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Hawk of Battle said:
So good I played it twice! Nice work Gav.

EDIT; Just noticed one thing though, shouldn't it be Berylium Baloney, not veridium.
Darn, I googled it and the most popular answer was Veridium baloney. Seems I got it wrong. Ah well.
Me Slag think you full of Caesium Salami!

http://www.googlebattle.com/?domain=berylium+baloney&domain2=veridium+baloney&submit=Go%21
Doing an emergency change for the Bandcamp release. Grimlock needs his iconic line right :)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Ashley Blalock said:
That was the most fun with Transformers in a while. A geeky joy that I just couldn't ever get from the live action films, so congrats on providing more geeky satisfaction than a huge production team with millions to spend.
It's amazing what some respect for your subject matter can achieve - something Michael Bay will never have.

T0ad 0f Truth said:
I never grew up with the transformers. Now I feel left out :(

Awesome song though. I absolutely loved the chorus!
On a side note is fall of Cybertron worth playing if I never really watched transformers?
I loved it myself. It's a really good fun third person shooter with a lot of gameplay variety and some crazy setpieces. Plus it has that awesome, silly Transformers G1 humour.

Hylke Langhout

Mar 2, 2011
I have to give mad props to Justin Clouse for the video. It's probably one of the best he's done yet. It fits the song perfectly and the splicing of footage from the cartoon was a smart move.

As for the song, I absolutely love it. The synths and the guitar go really well together, and the lyrics are really funny. I think this song is going up there with my favorites along with Calamity and Nord Mead. Awesome work Gav!

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Rack said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Hawk of Battle said:
So good I played it twice! Nice work Gav.

EDIT; Just noticed one thing though, shouldn't it be Berylium Baloney, not veridium.
Darn, I googled it and the most popular answer was Veridium baloney. Seems I got it wrong. Ah well.
Me Slag think you full of Caesium Salami!

http://www.googlebattle.com/?domain=berylium+baloney&domain2=veridium+baloney&submit=Go%21
Doing an emergency change for the Bandcamp release. Grimlock needs his iconic line right :)
Awesome, I just looked there and it wasn't up and I was like "BUT I NEEEEED THIS FOR MY MP3 PLAYER!"

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
T0ad 0f Truth said:
I
I would recommend renting it though as opposed to buying. The campaign is relatively short and doesn't really have any replay value. Unless you really want to play the multiplayer, it's the kind of game you can sit down and have a blast with, but then move on to something else quite happily.

It's fun, but nothing particularly special.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
I liked the pre-chorus and the bridge as well as the synths but everything else was meh for me, the chorus was way to pop-y for my taste.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
MiracleOfSound said:
I loved it myself. It's a really good fun third person shooter with a lot of gameplay variety and some crazy setpieces. Plus it has that awesome, silly Transformers G1 humour.
Legion said:
I would recommend renting it though as opposed to buying. The campaign is relatively short and doesn't really have any replay value. Unless you really want to play the multiplayer, it's the kind of game you can sit down and have a blast with, but then move on to something else quite happily.

It's fun, but nothing particularly special.
I'll check it out then :)
Miracle of Sound Songs always get me interested in picking up new games, well the ones I haven't played yet anyway. You really should be getting paid for advertisment Gav.

chuckdm

Apr 10, 2012
T0ad 0f Truth said:
On a side note is fall of Cybertron worth playing if I never really watched transformers
Actually, if you're not really a comics person (like me...) I'd say it's an excellent place to start. AFAIK, and I could be wrong, everything else in the continuity aside from the direct prequel to this game (War for Cybertron) comes after this, i.e. after Cybertron actually falls. So yeah...if you want to start the story from the beginning - or just want the best gun play in a transformers game to date - then yeah, it's good.

Just keep in mind the game is a bit dark. I mean, it's dark for something where the primary market is 10-to-12 year olds, anyway. After all, it's kinda a big old mass extinction story, and those aren't generally sunshine and bunnies. This is actually a good thing, but just saying, it won't be as upbeat as the song.

Speaking of which, I still prefer The New Black Gold and Normandy to this, but this is good. Very good. So I'm happy.

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
Great song... except the Michael Bay line. Dunno, it just seemed jarring for me, to... "break the 4th wall" like that, I guess. Not a major complaint, but it stood out a lot for me.