Miracle of Sound: Roll Out (Transformers)

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
SirBryghtside said:
Brilliant song, only watched Armada as a kid, but loved that to death :D Though it does make me think that Bumblebee should be called Hotshot... would probably receive quite a bit of fan-rage for that :p
What, you too?
*Nostalgic brofist*
I think I still actually have a couple of DVDs of it somewhere.

OT: Great song, even though I don't really myself like the sound of the chorus.
I don't know why, I just don't like it as much as the rest of the song.

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
Did the song change or something i just listened to it again and some parts sound different

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
chuckdm said:
Just keep in mind the game is a bit dark. I mean, it's dark for something where the primary market is 10-to-12 year olds, anyway. After all, it's kinda a big old mass extinction story, and those aren't generally sunshine and bunnies. This is actually a good thing, but just saying, it won't be as upbeat as the song.
Dark is fine if it fits the overall tone of the story :)
So long as it wasn't put into it for the sake of being edgy, like when they kill the main character at the end just to be tragic, then I'm good.

I also judge Miracle of Sound songs separately from their "source material." They're trying to do their own thing, in this case the feel of the song shows Gav being upbeat about a GOOD transformers product (Michael Bay can suck it). Presumably anyway, I could be full of shit who knows. We'll have to wait for the encore column to find out.

So no worries about me getting "the wrong idea" about the game :)

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
At first I didn't really like it, but the longer I listened the more the beat/tune started catching on.

And now I can't get it out of my head, I'll be humming this song every day while I'm driving to work.

ARGH.

D-Class 198482

Jul 17, 2012
*scrolling on the second page the day it came out*
"Oh? Beauty Bleak wasn't there a few minutes ago. New song"
*roll out, transformers*
"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT"

Porecomesis

Jul 10, 2010
Hey Gavin? You know when I said that I preferred it when you didn't directly bring up the source material? Yeah, ignore that for now; this was marvelous and captured the tone of the old cartoon excellent.

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
That tickled my nostalgia-muscle nicely. Took me back to the late 80s quite nicely, when I was watching this crap on tv. Nice kids video.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
MiracleOfSound said:
Roll Out (Transformers)

Pedal to metal time to kick some chrome! Spoilers for Tranformers: Fall of Cybertron.

Watch Video
I bow to your references to the real transformers movie.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
...because sometimes you just have to do something a little bit silly

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
Love the lyrics, very funny. Love the chorus, going to take days to replace it with some other super catchy tune. *goes to listen to Commander Shepard and the leopard*

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
Well, that's another song that I love.

Now to find the game and some DVD's of any Transformers series.

I just loved how you called Starscream an idiot because he is one, in any incarnation.

Keep up the good work man.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
That chorus melody perfectly captures the feeling of one of the most iconic battles in cartoon history. It's the very same feeling I get when I watch Optimus kicking ass to "The Touch". I was sad back when you said you wouldn't do a track on WFC, but this one more than makes up for it. From one big fan to another, thank you, Gav. :)

Also, I love your homage to Vince DiCola's synthy sound from the 80's movie. If you have as big a spot in your heart as me for this kind of music, you might want to check out "Training Montage" by Zircon.

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
That was really good, I've stayed away from this show since it showed up after being burned by that emo girl who didn't understand the subject matter of any of her songs. Mayes? I think I'm going to give you guys a shot. I seriously think you should apply to replace they guys who sing all the Sonic theme music as it's similar in style and you don't make me want to chew off my own arm to get away from you.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
I liked how the songs had more styles in it and different tempos. not what we would call repetitive :p

but really nice work.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
WarBossTilt said:
Meh this is still a better and more accurate song
http://youtu.be/nsLcTtCrqwg
'Better' is subjective, but if you're going to be pedantic about accuracy, you're wrong - Soundwave's iconic 'superior' line was in fact aimed at the Constructicons in the original movie, not the autobots.

thetruefallen

Mar 12, 2008
"Starsceam is an idiot
And Swindle is a phoney
Grimlock's gonna squash you
To Veridium baloney"

I don't normally nitpick people's creative enderors but I beleive it is pronounced "Beryllium Baloney."

MagmaMan

Apr 2, 2012
I DEMANDZ MOAR TRANSFORMERS!
On a side note, great song! I had a feeling you'd make a Transformers song after I saw your avatar was Soundwave from G1.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Let's get this out of the way, the song was amazing as usual. Thank you and keep it up!

Ok now, did I see what I think I saw at the end of the video?

Was that the end of the game and a lead into Beast Wars?
MiracleOfSound said:
Do you know? I'm really curious if it's true.

EDIT:

By the way, I love the Resident Evil 6 song. Simple, catchy, funny and a bit of a mind worm.

It's been on repeat for the last 30 min... not sick of it yet. I kinda want to top your 14 hour streak.