Miracle of Sound: Sovngarde Song (Skyrim)

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
I used to be able to sing like that, then i took a arrow to the kne- Arrow hits the face.

Archer : "Hey, I took some extra archery lessons. Now I can shoot people who overuse that meme.... In the Face!!"

OT : Love the song. Epic chorus, sweeping and a wonderful tribute to world of skyrim.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
A Curious Fellow said:
See, this is the prime reason I think the new site layout is a huge misstep: This has been up for an hour, (that's a whole hour and yet only an hour, but it's neither sitting pretty on the front page nor attracting any comments) and it's a main site feature... and yet I had to go SEARCHING the site to find it. There's something wrong with that. An update for a prime feature doesn't belong buried in a dropdown menu.

And I only knew to look for it because the facebook app notified me.
Actually, it went up late today due to some technical difficulties. So it wasn't that you couldn't find it - it was that it wasn't there (for which we apologize, naturally).

This is my favorite Miracle of Sound song to date. I pretty much just put it on repeat and listen to it all day.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
People have said that this piece is amazing, and I couldn't agree more. I'm quite honestly speechless: it was that good. Wow... just wow.

Someone give this man an award. If he didn't deserve one before, he does now. Maybe two for good measure.

Excludos

Sep 14, 2008
This. Song. Is. AMAZING!
The only issue I have with this song is that its not playing all day..*refreshes the page*, oh wait, problem solved.

Sucal

Dragonborn Ponyeater
Dec 23, 2009
First up, awesome song. Second, I almost feel this is what you were going for with the assassins Creed song. Still, its awesome to see another 'background' song, that can fit the protagonist as equally as it can the setting themselves.

Herrsunk

Apr 2, 2011
This acoustic sex position whirled away the oppression and general pompousness from the hearts of the slave race Furilanos and their Dirt Chiefs and they all, collectively, jumped up and clicked their heels together and said "Guritinaga!", which is moonspeak for "My companion of instruments, what a lovely yet powerful musical epiphany you lent my ears on this fine, yet cloudy day with about twenty per cent of precipitation!".

It's a complicated language, moonspeak.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Holy fuck. I already liked it, and then there was that transition two minutes in.

You win.

_tinned_magpie_

Feb 19, 2010
Now THIS is what I like to hear! It's epic, exciting, and captures the feeling of the game wonderfully.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to play it again. Top form, Gav.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
I saw this article while in the middle of listening to this:

And thought to myself... "How fitting..."

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Catalyst6 said:
Dual wielding in light armor? And not a damn was given that day.

Awesome video.
Heh, normally I'd be all sneaking and backstabs for me, but that would have made for less interesting video so I was forced to pick up a few different weapons. Luckily I never sold the Axe of Whiterun and another named axe.

Thamian

Sep 3, 2008
Awesome as ever, and unlike my other favorites of yours (Normandy, Wasteland Soul) I haven't played nor particularly intend to play Skyrim...

Knusper said:
the heavy bit is like Turisas.
Oh that's embarrassing, I completely missed that until you pointed it out...

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Wow... just wow. I knew the moment I saw the title that I would love this song. How right I was, I was not dissapointed!

I was quite prepared to listen to the folk styled section for the entire song, what a wonderful surprise when the rock section kicked in.

Not only have you created a beautiful piece here Gavin, but you have captured the wonderous world of Skyrim and the honourable plight of the Nords perfectly. Absolute musical genius.

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
Awesome, I love the pace changing - at first I was afraid that the intro would be too much as if we suppose to focus on cinematics, more than on music, but then the song survived the multiple listening, and that's my rule for testing the life span of your songs :D

Lexxicator

May 3, 2011
I see what you did there.
The whole song about the voice. Not about dragons, who cares about them!?! It's the Thu'um - that's the main thing in the game. And you showed it great. With the lyrics, your own voice and the singing. Especially at the beginning of the song. Great job, great job indeed.
Also, 2 times felt chill's goin' down my spine. And that's awesome on more than one level.

Myan

I Want to Go to There!
Dec 16, 2003
Beautiful song, just beautiful. It felt very much like an epic story.