Miracle of Sound: Sovngarde Song (Skyrim)

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
'watches video'

Holy Fucking Shit. Am I crying? I'm fucking crying. Holy Shut, I'm crying.
And I have goosebumps.

You've brought me to fucking tears with this song. It's so beautiful. It's so...I need a tissue. Now. 'stumbles away looking for a tissue'

If there was ever a reason to go couch diving for money to buy Skyrim, this would be it, just to have my adventures with this playing constantly in the background.

I wish I could hug you right now. Even if you would find it creepy, it would make me feel better. I need a hug.

'sniff'

I don't know how you can constantly make good songs. Most artists can't even do that. You're amazing.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I've given up trying to decide which one of your songs is my favorite now Gav. All I know is if you went on tour I'd sell my testicles to a Krogan to get the money to come see you if I had too. Keep it up! :D

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
It could have easily worked as just this folkish piece that it is for the first two minutes... and yet it's so much more. One of your best, sir.

And I haven't even played Skyrim, but now I kind of want to.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Hah! And you were worried :p

OT: I think this has just made it to the top of list of Favourite Miracle of Sound songs, and i don't even play Skyrim. Was still looking forward to this though because i imagine working with material you feel a connection to would make the result all the better :)

Now i'll watch Zero Punctuation and then this song's gonna be stuck on loop for quite some time >_>

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
That was brilliant!

I really loved the lute(?) in the beginning and everything after that was just amazing. I almost got up and did a jig, but I'm at work so that stopped me.

Excludos

Sep 14, 2008
Are you still only using your own voice btw? I can clearly hear all kinds of voices in there + girl humming.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
kinky dear boy!
Only picked Skyrim up yesterday (I was skint... too many games in one month!) and already have 20 hours under me belt (I know another 150+ to go)

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
The only reason I'm adding more than "fucking spectacular" is because I hear there's some sort of law about low content posts or something. I hope this passes it.

You da man.
man.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I think the songs are good, but what impresses me more is the variety of styles you've demonstrated recently. I can't think of any other artist that attempts (and usually succeeds at) so many different styles.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Hmm. I like all the songs so far, including this one...

Yet even though I like it, somehow this feels really off. I've never had cause to find fault with any of your other work...

This somehow just... The tone of your voice doesn't seem to mesh well with the song. I think it would be a great song... If someone else was singing it.
Difficult to explain precisely what I mean by this though...
I can't quite put my finger on why it feels off.

I suppose it's something like trying to sing something which feels like a melodic folk song while using a vocal style from a rock or heavy metal song...

Yeah... anyway... It's still a great song overall though.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
That....
That was suitably epic. The beginning and end felt like a singing chorus from a fantasy setting and fit perfectly, and then when the pace changed in the middle...
It was just amazing. The lyrics flowed nicely, the layering effects were nice, and the instrumentals were superb. That being said, the video didn't seem as good as Black Gold or Comin' for your tank.
Great job Gav. I look forward to next week not for the next song (though I still do) but for this to go live for purchase.

anian

Sep 10, 2008
I think I liked this song more than a lot of your others, the game's inspired intro and then a move to the old fantasy metal (or whatever the genre may be), but not that "rough" (unlike most of your stuff which is very close to speed metal etc. which I don't normally listen to).
The lyrics were not bad either, I see you really got into it, not only by lyrics but also by your comments on the forums.

This is all looked as an individual song, but on the other hand, 90% of the time you basically make the same metal song, wrapped in a game apropriate different genre. The multiplied voice recordings, the rythm changes, the rhyme is basically always present and always a-b-a-b, so is the song structure...and how freaking often do you make a chorus out of one line that repeats twice?
Basically I think I only like this song over other you've made because the style suits me and I've played the game and loving it.
And in some articles, you mentioned some of those points really don't concern you and you like it that way...which is fine I guess, to each their own, I just think progress and experimenting improves a musician.