Miracle of Sound: Wheatley's Song (Portal 2)

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
So far this is my favorite song from you. And a download link coming soon? SWEET!

The spoiler warning in the beginning was hilarious.

TornadoFive

Mar 9, 2011
Damn you Miracle! I forced myself to complete Portal 2 tonight, just so I could watch your song!

Wait a minute. Sorry, that should be THANK you, for giving me incentive to finish it off tonight!

This is definitely my favourite song of yours so far! The lyrics are awesome and the accent makes it so much better!

Keep up the good work!

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
Still a big fan of your work... But...

Well don't take it the wrong way but you cannot hit that accent there, and it's understandable since it's one of the more difficult ones to pull off properly.

zeda12123

Aug 29, 2009
This is why you are my favorite person(People?) on the escapist.
I love you as much as I love space.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
Great song, the accent surprised me though. i read the lyrics in a GLaDOS voice for some reason.
the last 30 seconds were really good, the background singer (or pre-recording) came off really well.
So are you going to do one in every music genre?
This-Techno
Bulletstorm-country/rock
Dead Space-Funk
Call of Duty/Dragon's Age-Rock
Minecraft-country/rock, slightly gospel feel (it adds, not detracts)
Mass Effect-Disco
Not complaining, and you do really well in all the genres, just can't think of another artist who transfered through genres so well.
The piano/keyboard heavy soundtrack was a nice detour from the guitar, btw
And to the video makers: Loved the turret light show at the beginning
[sub][sub]so help me good MoS, if you bring up the woo again[/sub][/sub]
[sub][sub][sub]Beat Operation Anchorage today btw[/sub][/sub][/sub]
silly dumb little personality core...thinking a distance has infinite space...
MiracleOfSound said:
Diablo2000 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Diablo2000 said:
After that music I am pretty sure that Miracle is actually a evil AI, that controls us through that so called "Fallout Song"...

Good song though.
Why don't you have a look through this door here.... the one labelled 'Emergency MiracleOfSound Shutdown and Fallout Song Dispensary'... go on.... open it.... (rubs robotic hands together)
Oh... That? I think there's a trap in there... But if the Fallout Song in really in there then it is worth it...

Wait... What's that? What are you doing?... Is that a brainwashing machine? No, No!

There's no trap in the "Emergency MiracleofSound Shutdown and Fallout Song Dispensary", no Brainwashing machine and Miracle is not a evil AI... In fact there is the Fallout Song in there... and Cake!
And your old friend, deadly earworm neuro-music toxin!
OOOOOOOHHHHHH
Fallout song...
Must...go...to...fallout...song
*hears an autotuned hello
Oh crap...
oh and the Machevilli reference...he'd have no problem removing human morals from the political equation. Except, you know, the fact he could be shot to the moon, I doubt he would keep power for very long

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
TJM8 said:
I really liked the song. just one thing bout the video though, it showed a decent amount of the end game scenes. which isnt a huge deal but there was no need to show the scenes... haha idk a small spoilers warning would be good me thinks
Did you skip the first 40 seconds of the video? Because we included the longest spoiler warning of all time!

Stickem said:
Admittedly, I was a little disappointed at first. I was hoping for something more akin to GLaDOS's songs, albeit from Wheatley's perspective. Somesuch about how sorry he is or similar. Once I managed to put my hastily conceived expectations aside and let the catchiness sink in, I found it to be an immensely enjoyable tune. Congratulations on another job done amazingly well.
Thanks. I didn't want to try and emulate the Jonathan Coulton songs. They're great and unique and it's his own style.

zeda12123 said:
This is why you are my favorite person(People?) on the escapist.
I love you as much as I love space.
<3

CommanderKirov said:
Still a big fan of your work... But...

Well don't take it the wrong way but you cannot hit that accent there, and it's understandable since it's one of the more difficult ones to pull off properly.
I've had half of people telling me it's fine and the other half saying it's not so I guess I'll just say it's 'middling'.

MetroidNut

Sep 2, 2009
This is wonderfully catchy, and it fits Wheatley wonderfully. I absolutely love it - especially the foreshadowing you slipped into the lyrics, heh...and the accent just works perfectly, in my opinion.

SilverHammerMan

Jul 26, 2009
Loved it, is Miracle of Sound going to be released on iTunes at some point? Because I want to download all of his stuff.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
SilverHammerMan said:
Loved it, is Miracle of Sound going to be released on iTunes at some point? Because I want to download all of his stuff.
It's already there and also on Bandcamp. This song won't be up for another 2 weeks though!

MetroidNut said:
This is wonderfully catchy, and it fits Wheatley wonderfully. I absolutely love it - especially the foreshadowing you slipped into the lyrics, heh...and the accent just works perfectly, in my opinion.
Thank you. And it's amusing me to see how much the accent is dividing people :D

F-I-D-O said:
You know there's gonna be more 'woos'... you know it! There isn't one in the Fallout song though. I mean, shit, not that I've actually done the Fallout one... or anything... :p

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
F-I-D-O said:
You know there's gonna be more 'woos'... you know it! There isn't one in the Fallout song though. I mean, shit, not that I've actually done the Fallout one... or anything... :p
God damn it, I wasn't complaining about the woo, I just found it funny...
*looks for a way to change subject..
So, those Chinese have a REALLY low perception don't they? I was right to the side of one, and still got a stealth crit with a knife

BigText

Nov 21, 2007
What's that sound effect that happens at 2:50 and again at 2:55? It's really, REALLY familiar.

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
SilverHammerMan said:
It's already there and also on Bandcamp. This song won't be up for another 2 weeks though!
This news pleases me.

You may have my money, good sir.

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Xman490 said:
If Wheatley's IQ is... well, you know... then GLaDOS's IQ is the space from here to the SUN.
The joke is that the space from here to the moon is in fact, not infinite... in otherwords, Wheatley is mistaken about his own IQ.
What I took from the line was that like space Wheatley's IQ is mostly empty :D

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
This was quite a good song... I'd love to get a version of this that doesn't have the big chunk of empty space at the beginning. Is this available for download (maybe for Pub Club members)?

OZITOMAI

Jul 8, 2009
shouldve used the proper ending and that massive band of turrets, but i enjoyed that

SirTweetums

Apr 13, 2011
Wow you're amazing!
I hope you don't mind me asking, but it hasn't been two weeks since the last song how come?

(Can't wait to get this one and Fire In Your Hole into my Ipod :D )
JUST TAKE ALL MY MONEY MAN.