Mirror's Edge 2 Listing Appears On Amazon.de

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Mirror's Edge 2 Listing Appears On Amazon.de

An entry for Mirror's Edge 2 has turned up on the German Amazon - and it's listed only for the Xbox.

It's been five long years since DICE tried something different with Mirror's Edge, the parkour action game that was acclaimed by critics and gamers alike but nonetheless failed to set the sales charts on fire. Hope springs eternal and calls for a sequel have never gone away entirely, but while various DICE and EA executive types make vaguely encouraging noises [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107834-Mirrors-Edge-Sequel-May-Still-Be-Running] about it now and then, the odds of a second Mirror's Edge actually happening has never seemed all that terribly likely.

Take this with a grain of salt, then, or perhaps a handful, but a Mirror's Edge 2 listing has turned up on Amazon.de, which says it's not yet available or age rated, but is offering it for "reservation" right now. A couple of other relevant points: the site lists it for the Xbox 360 but the placeholder art suggests it's for the Xbox One, and either way it's hard to overlook the suggestion that it's a Microsoft exclusive; and the price is listed at €99.99, which works out to roughly $130. Wow.

This is definitely something you'll want to look at with your Elton John-sized "Unverified Rumor" glasses on, but here's something else to keep in mind: EA Labels President Frank Gibeau said earlier this month that the company will be showing "new titles from EA Sports, BioWare and DICE and a first look at some brand-new games" at E3 next month. Mirror's Edge may not have been a big hit, but an Xbox One-exclusive sequel rolled out at E3 during the Microsoft press event? For those who follow such things, I don't think you'd find a much more powerful attention-grabber than that.

Source: NeoGAF [http://www.amazon.de/Electronic-Arts-Mirrors-Edge-2/dp/B00CYH2PKA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1369328699&sr=8-5&keywords=mirror%27s+edge+2]

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
God damn. I loved Mirror's Edge and I've been hoping to see a sequel for ages... but I really don't want to get an Xbone to play it. Moral dilemma!

codeg

Apr 23, 2011
I will indeed take this news with a grain of salt. But if it turns out Mirror's Edge 2 is XBone exclusive...I will be thoroughly pissed.

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
I loved Mirror's Edge. The only problem I had and still have with it is the short playtime. If it is a Xbox One exclusive, it's going to make me sad because nothing could entice me to by that sack of crap machine.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
You know what, if I had a nickel for every time one of these sorts of listings showed up somewhere, news sites decided to report it, and absolutely nothing actually came of it, I could probably release my own damn console.

There's literally nothing to see here, and it disappoints me every time I see anyone report this kind of garbage while simultaneously telling people they should take it with a grain of salt. Because the people writing these articles know as well as we do that this is probably a load of bull but report on it anyway.

So what? Is it a slow news day or something?

Naqel

Nov 21, 2009
Xbone and EA.

This is but a drop in the ocean, when it comes to both repairing their standing with me.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Vivi22 said:
No, it's an appearance of a widely hoped-for game on a legitimate site in the lead-up to the biggest videogame event in North America, at which Microsoft will be doing everything it can to make a big splash with new game reveals. In my eyes, that's worth some attention.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
God damn, Mirror's Edge was one of my favourite games last generation so a sequel would be amazing.

Said sequel (possibly) being an Xbone exclusive however has sucked all the excitement I had for the (possible) game. Don't make me choose between my morals and my desires EA because morals will win every time.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
Vivi22 said:
No, it's an appearance of a widely hoped-for game on a legitimate site in the lead-up to the biggest videogame event in North America, at which Microsoft will be doing everything it can to make a big splash with new game reveals. In my eyes, that's worth some attention.
Keep your filthy logic out of this, some people want to get outraged here!

OT: I really liked Mirrors Edge. It wasn't perfect, but I think considering how long it has been, and considering that it's got the backing of a very large publisher, a sequel could turn out to be an excellent game. Although the listing (assuming it's real) being only for the XBone is a little disheartening. Because I genuinely have no interest in the console at all, and even if Mirrors Edge 2 was a sequel, it's definitely not enough to change my mind about it.

On another note, while I don't like the trend of sticking multiplayer onto everything, it's the kind of game where co-op could work really well. There are so many possibilities for puzzles and plat-forming where you could use multiple players to get around.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
A Microsoft exclusive? I understand Microsoft really needs some exclusives to entice people back after that god awful Xbox One reveal, but do they really need to make it a game that was already previously a multiplatform release? That seems low...

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
I had fun with Mirror's Edge, even though some of the fights got me pretty frustrated. The action was frantic, while leaving sections of the game open to calm zen-gymnastics. Plus, it had several strong female characters, which is never a bad thing in this industry.

One thing I can say: I really hope it comes to PC. Even if I owned a console, I don't want to play it with a controller.

Lucky Godzilla

Oct 31, 2012
EA you better not be getting my hopes up on this. Seriously if we get an open world free-roam mirrors edge sequel, I'd probably die.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
Vivi22 said:
Yes, because listings for widely hoped-for games never appear on legitimate sites near major gaming news events and turn out to be absolutely nothing.

Look, all I'm saying is this stuff does happen all of the time and is far more often than not absolutely nothing. This trying to jump on every minute scrap of information and rumour to get the jump on the competition is one of many things which is wrong with game journalism right now in my eyes. If we get an official announcement of a Mirror's Edge 2 at E3, then it will be news. But this just reeks of latching on to rumour or a possible error for the sake of drumming up some extra web traffic. There is no story here right now.

Parakeettheprawn

Apr 6, 2013
If this is seriously an Xbox One exclusive, then I will have to do something drastic. I vote we go back in time, grab the EA executive who agreed to the idea, and throw them into a time vortex where they relive nothing but boring Mondays for the rest of their lives.

...yes I'm a bit grumpy this morning, I was up till 3 last night.

Edit -- Also, Google Translate of the game's page:

Mirrors Edge 2
by Electronic Arts
Platform: Xbox 360 | Rated: Rating Pending
Price: EUR 99.99 Free Delivery. Details
All prices include VAT
Pre-order Price Guarantee More Information.

This item is not yet available.
Reserve your copy now and get it in time for the release date.
Ships from and sold by Amazon. Gift wrapping available.
Delivery on the release date:
Whether the delivery at your address on the release date is possible, you will see at checkout.
Note: No Age rating granted! If you would like to reserve this item, please note the following information about shipping method and proof of age.
Notes and Actions

Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and find out the best price for the product between order and release date. More Information (Terms and Conditions)
We have compiled a list of manufacturers service information, in the event that a product should problems occur or you need more technical information.

Game Information

Platform: Xbox 360
ESRB Rating: Rating Pending
Media: Video Game

These sponsored links might be interesting
(What's this?)

Mirrors Edge 2 opens new browser window

-

Find the best price here. Easy as compare & save!

www.sparmeise.de/Mirrors-Edge-2

Mirrors Edge 2 Store opens new browser window

-

When we reduced: Mirrors Edge 2 Mirrors Edge 2 buy now!

sale.weihnachtsgeschenke.de / Store

Mirrors Edge 2 opens new browser window

-

The best bargain Saledoo. Mirrors Edge 2 Compare now!

www.saledoo.de/
Product

ASIN: B00CYH2PKA

Would you like to update product info, give feedback on images or tell us about a lower price?
Is the sale of this product is not acceptable for you?

Customer Reviews
Still no customer reviews yet.
5 stars
4 stars
3 stars
2 stars
1 star
This article has not yet been published and is not qualified to review.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
I'm in a dilemma; If this isn't true, I'll be convinced that the person who messed up DOES NOT KNOW PAIN. If this is true, I will be extremely pissed that someone agreed to Mirror's Edge 2 being an Xbone exclusive. It's a no-win paradox!

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
Someone on the TGS podcast totally predicted this, Mirror's edge 2 as a kinect Xbox exclusive
lets see if the other half is true (hopefully it's not)
still not buying it if its on Xbox One, even though I thought the first one was a pretty interesting concept that just needed a bit more work

yankeefan19

Mar 20, 2009
Looks like I'll have to update my pros and cons to buying the xbone.

Pros: Halo, Mirror's Edge 2, I like the controller better than the Playstation controller.

Cons: Internet connection required, extra fee for used games, probably still have to pay for Xbox Live, no backwards compatibility, every game I want to play (besides Halo and Mirror's Edge 2) will be playable either on PS4 or PC.

It's actually a tough choice for me, considering that Halo is the series that first got me into gaming and I loved Mirror's Edge. I think I will be switching to a PC or PS4, however.

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
My thoughts whilst reading the headline: YEEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! Oh f*** NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!