Misconceptions you hate!

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
OrenjiJusu said:
that all british people are incredibly upper class and only drink tea and eat scones.
wait, we don't actually do that? *puts down tea and takes top hat off* i was using the rest of the food in the house to throw at the common folk.

OT: that all nerds are virgin, sweating, unsociable, fatties.

oh and that all the hate against the new Devil may Cry is about his hair. there is a lot more to it.

DoctorFrankenStein

Jul 4, 2011
That artists are lazy and 'need to get a real job'.
That just because I'm a woman that all I'm good for is pumping out babies.
[I don't have any kids, thank the Gods, not going there.]
People assuming that I'm a Christian.
People insisting that Fox is a credible news source. *Grinds teeth*

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
kikon9 said:
That all gay men want to be women, and all lesbian women want to be men.
I don't think I can top this for things that piss me off. Except maybe:

Gay people recruit children because they can't reproduce by themselves. It's just so much stupid it's almost physically painful.

Wardi Boi

Aug 8, 2011
That people who play games are immediately nerds.

I mean come on, we're all cool people, right. Right?

snowpuppy

Feb 18, 2011
werty10089 said:
-
-Thinking that Muslim extremists are more of a threat than Christian extremists.
I am inclined to disagree, Christian extremists are much fewer (Now days) than their Muslim counterparts, but I suppose they also have better access to equipment, because the majority would be in the developed world, but I think that it is nullified by the number difference.

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
The Unworthy Gentleman said:
H31neken said:
If you can't pay for internet then you should be leaving video games until you get enough money to pay for it, or just play offline games.
That seems fair. "Hey poorish people, fuck you. You aren't allowed to game unless you pay an extra 40-60 bucks a month, pass a credit check and put down a fair sized deposit if your credit isn't spotless."

OT- People who have kids young are awful parents. I had my son when I was 19. Two more kids later, we are doing pretty damn good.

3quency

Jun 12, 2009
snowpuppy said:
werty10089 said:
-
-Thinking that Muslim extremists are more of a threat than Christian extremists.
I am inclined to disagree, Christian extremists are much fewer (Now days) than their Muslim counterparts, but I suppose they also have better access to equipment, because the majority would be in the developed world, but I think that it is nullified by the number difference.
The numbers are more or less the same, it's just that Muslim extremists show up more in the media. Regardless I feel that neither religion should be seen as a bunch of zealous psychopaths just because of a couple of nutjobs.

Dec 27, 2010
Any "British" stereotypes. I'm not British myself, but it's something that drives me mad, and shows a complete lack of knowledge of anything outside your society. But what gets me the most is this British accent sh*te. There is no such thing as a British accent. There isn't even a stereotypical British accent. Britain consists of England, Scotland, Whales and (debate-ably) Northern Ireland. Not one of those accents (which also differ from region to region in those countries) sound so similar that you could argue Britain has one definable accent. It's just f*cking stupid.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Anything involving religious stereotypes... and also the misconception that all furries wanna do is have sex in animal suits. Seriously.

Mar 9, 2010
Thomas Guy said:
That seems fair. "Hey poorish people, fuck you. You aren't allowed to game unless you pay an extra 40-60 bucks a month, pass a credit check and put down a fair sized deposit if your credit isn't spotless."

OT- People who have kids young are awful parents. I had my son when I was 19. Two more kids later, we are doing pretty damn good.
Yes, it is fucking fair. If you can't afford something you don't buy it, simple as that or do you not understand the basics of budgeting? If a game requires you to be always online and you can't afford to pay for the internet then you don't buy it. If a game requires you to have a dual core 3GHz processor and you can't afford one then you don't buy it, how is that unfair?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Pretty much the Chinese sterotypes in that they all know how to speak Chinese. Sorry to break it up to you but not all of us do speak Chinese properly!

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
standokan said:
The song is named Johny B. Good not Johny be good!
It's actually Johnny B. Goode

OT:
That because I like Heavy Metal, I'm a violet and mean person.
Metal-heads are one of the friendliest and nicest people I ever met.

Granted, the shirts look like we slaughter and maim, but more often then not, we're really nice.

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
Thomas Guy said:

Yes, it is fucking fair. If you can't afford something you don't buy it, simple as that or do you not understand the basics of budgeting? If a game requires you to be always online and you can't afford to pay for the internet then you don't buy it. If a game requires you to have a dual core 3GHz processor and you can't afford one then you don't buy it, how is that unfair?
I had a long argument written out but fuck that. Have fun with your opinion.

Doffa

Feb 20, 2011
That all atheists are arrogant bastards who think anyone who follows a religion is a moron.

Just no. This one should require no more mention than the idea that all Christians think "God hates fags".

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
Mainly racial stereotypes. British people being posh, French people being hairy and smelly, Welsh people loving sheep. This sort of thing annoys because it means someone can be judged by where they were born, something that is beyond their control.

Mar 9, 2010
Thomas Guy said:
Thomas Guy said:

I had a long argument written out but fuck that. Have fun with your opinion.
Apologies, I shouldn't have been so hostile, but when I get a sarky response to something that isn't just a black or white issue then I get a little aggressive.

I'll tell you right now that I don't think that there should be always online games, it's a generally bad business practice, you're alienating customers because of it. However, it doesn't deserve half the hate it gets. If you haven't got the money to buy it then you don't buy it, it's that simple. On top of that, it only costs a small amount on top of your phone bill to get broadband, I know this because I just helped my nan get broadband the other day and it only cost an extra £6.50 ($10) to the bill for something like 24MB/s max and 40GB download limit a month. If you can't handle a bill like that then you can't handle buying £40 ($60) games.

I'm not a wealthy guy, my Dad's on the dole and it's not exactly the easiest thing in the world, but I realise that when you're on the bare minimum you get the bare minimum.

Again, I'm sorry for such a heated response.

Dege84

Jun 3, 2010
That rockers and especially metalheads are filthy, junkies, drunks, anarchists and, everybody's favorite, satanists.