MLG Disqualifies Top Two League of Legends Teams

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
I thought they were trying to save money. MLG I mean. Now looks like no one is getting the money, from what I gather from the article anyway.

They should bump the bottom teams up and award prize money accordingly.

WashAran

Jun 28, 2012
MLG knew about it the whole time. They only did something about it after it became public.

DjinnFor

Nov 20, 2009
There was no evidence conclusively demonstrating that there was collusion to split the prize money. This was an accusation that MLG leveled to cover their asses.

They were suspended because they agreed in advance (i.e "colluded") to play ARAM, a self-limiting ruleset that includes such rules as "All champions have to go to middle lane, no returning to base unless you die, and no leaving middle lane to go anywhere else". The reason for their collusion (according to the teams themselves) was the fact that neither team actually cared about the prize money for the tournament, and neither team wanted to reveal their top strategies for the coming Season 2 championships. That is, both teams slapped MLG's respectability in the face by saying it wasn't worth their time to try hard as there were far more important tournaments for them to care about.

The accusation that they colluded to split the prize money was an accusation that MLG put forth to save their asses for suspending the two teams for playing ARAM. They had no proof of the collusion to split the prize money per se (like, actual witness testimony from a whistle-blower), only evidence suggesting collusion between the teams (the fact that both teams played ARAM). While technically agreeing in advance to play with a self-limiting joke rule set is against the spirit of competitive gaming and MLG was well within their rights to suspend the two teams, MLG received a lot of flak for trying to "enforce a rigid metagame" where strange strategies are not allowed. The reality is both teams colluded to play within a joke ruleset; it was not that both teams tried unorthodox strategies. They were suspended for not playing with the desire or intention to win.

The fact that a lot of people in the LoL community are either retarded or trolls meant that MLG had to invent a more legitimate-sounding (or less arguable) reason for suspending the two teams. Hence the BS accusations of collusion with regards to match-fixing and prize-splitting.

You report these accusations as though they are facts. They are not. They are accusations with little to no evidence backing them and nothing else.

Mechanix

Dec 12, 2009
It is a disgrace to video games that people are angry at the two teams for "not taking LoL seriously". I imagine most people upset with this are manchildren. They only fixed the first game for fun, they were going to play out the remaining matches in seriousness. Video games are meant for FUN. To disqualify them for having fun is just asinine.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
DjinnFor said:
While technically agreeing in advance to play with a self-limiting joke rule set is against the spirit of competitive gaming and MLG was well within their rights to suspend the two teams, MLG received a lot of flak for trying to "enforce a rigid metagame" where strange strategies are not allowed. The reality is both teams colluded to play within a joke ruleset; it was not that both teams tried unorthodox strategies. They were suspended for not playing with the desire or intention to win.
Well, the ARAM should have been enough.

It's like the NBA charging people to see a semi-final match and then the teams decide that match will be decided in a game of Horse. Sure, it's -technically- them playing a game against each other, but it's not what people pay to see.

Secondly because of the nature of the tournament Riot was consulted on this and was part of the decision.

So let's get something clear on this 'evidence' thing. MLG does not owe the people any evidence whatsoever. If you look at any tournament organizer, they do not need to provide the fans with the case for anything, because you are not the judges. MLG is. And the evidence was presented to Riot. Who is not you. You are not entitled to any evidence.

Now, in the same rules that prevent this sort of thing, there is a means of appeal through a third party arbitrator. Either team can use that if they feel they are being cheated.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
Mechanix said:
It is a disgrace to video games that people are angry at the two teams for "not taking LoL seriously". I imagine most people upset with this are manchildren. They only fixed the first game for fun, they were going to play out the remaining matches in seriousness. Video games are meant for FUN. To disqualify them for having fun is just asinine.
Why? How is it different from any other sport or game? You can play a game for fun, but if you're a professional, you need to play like a professional and treat the game professionally.

Especially if the goal of the company is to have the game taken seriously.

All your post proves is you do not take the game seriously--this is an example of why the ARAM is bad, not why it should have happened.

DjinnFor

Nov 20, 2009
DracoSuave said:

It's like the NBA charging people to see a semi-final match and then the teams decide that match will be decided in a game of Horse. Sure, it's -technically- them playing a game against each other, but it's not what people pay to see.

Secondly because of the nature of the tournament Riot was consulted on this and was part of the decision.

So let's get something clear on this 'evidence' thing. MLG does not owe the people any evidence whatsoever. If you look at any tournament organizer, they do not need to provide the fans with the case for anything, because you are not the judges. MLG is. And the evidence was presented to Riot. Who is not you. You are not entitled to any evidence.

Now, in the same rules that prevent this sort of thing, there is a means of appeal through a third party arbitrator. Either team can use that if they feel they are being cheated.
While MLG doesn't owe anybody evidence because they can basically suspend whomever they want given that it's their tournament, the Escapist should do a better job fact checking instead of just regurgitating unproven claims.

Like I said, MLG was well within their rights to suspend the two teams given the evidence that they colluded to play ARAM. I'm not debating that at all. What I am disputing is the claim that the two teams colluded to split the prize money and throw the game, which MLG better damn prove if they're going to keep making that claim, and that The Escapist better damn verify is true if they're going to report on it.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
DjinnFor said:
DracoSuave said:

While MLG doesn't owe anybody evidence because they can basically suspend whomever they want given that it's their tournament, the Escapist should do a better job fact checking instead of just regurgitating unproven claims.

Like I said, MLG was well within their rights to suspend the two teams given the evidence that they colluded to play ARAM. I'm not debating that at all. What I am disputing is the claim that the two teams colluded to split the prize money and throw the game, which MLG better damn prove if they're going to keep making that claim, and that The Escapist better damn verify is true if they're going to report on it.
Why do they need to prove it to you? You're NOT a judge. You're NOT a jury. They have the evidence and acted on it. They don't need to show the evidence.

The evidence was enough to convince Riot to agree, and all sides agreed in conversation with Riot, MLG, and the two teams, that it broke the rules. That's all true.

What you are doing is casting disparagement on the system and requiring they release proof that frankly, you have no right to. None. You are not any of the parties. You are just an observer on the side. You are NOT someone who has any personal stake in this whatsoever.

IF evidence needs to be put forth to someone, it will be to a third party arbitrator IF the teams decide to go that route. While I get your scepticism, you need to apply it equally. No one has any 'proof' of their claims publicly. Dignitas and Curse have conflicting stories as to what happened. There is no evidence that MLG has reason to lie, especially given that they're not even saving any money by doing so.

Let's be fucking clear. MLG -is- the damaged party here. Not you. The governing body (Riot) agreed to the evidence. Everyone agreed to the consequences. Why do YOU deserve anything? You're just an observer.

awsome117

Jan 27, 2009
To the people wondering why they didn't just go "no matter who wins, we'll split the money" I'm going to take guess on this one. The most likely possibility is that someone might have made a large bet with another that one team would win/lose. Much like "taking a dive".

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
Honestly, I would have agreed to throw the game, then in the actual match, just launched a Blitzkreig attack and surprise the guys who expected an easy win, and attempt to take the prize money for myself. Then, if I loose, I expose the collusion so no-one gets the money.

DjinnFor

Nov 20, 2009
DracoSuave said:
Why do they need to prove it to you? You're NOT a judge. You're NOT a jury. They have the evidence and acted on it. They don't need to show the evidence.
If they're not prepared to provide evidence for their bullshit accusations I'm perfectly prepared to call them out for lying to cover their asses, and call out the Escapist for regurgitating their bullshit instead of actually doing any kind of investigative journalism.

Why is the Escapist allowed to make retarded statements like "it seems that pro gaming is just as vulnerable to cheating as physical sports are", "the two teams [will] be known forever as jerks", "the only thing to do is to act as MLG has: acknowledge the wrongdoing, serve a severe but fair punishment, and move on" if they're just an irrelevant observer?

The Escapist is claiming that MLG acted in the right ("the only thing to do is act as MLG has"), I assert the opposite. Yet I'm an irrelevant observer who should keep his mouth shut because he doesn't deserve an explanation and the Escapist can say and do whatever it wants for what reason exactly? Bullshit.

DracoSuave said:
The evidence was enough to convince Riot to agree, and all sides agreed in conversation with Riot, MLG, and the two teams, that it broke the rules. That's all true.
That's also all irrelevant. Just because all relevant parties can agree a rule was broken does not mean MLG gets to slander their name with false accusations and that Escapist shouldn't be criticized for quoting press releases verbatim and making judgments solely on one side of the story instead of reporting on the actual facts of the case.

DracoSuave said:
What you are doing is casting disparagement on the system and requiring they release proof that frankly, you have no right to. None. You are not any of the parties. You are just an observer on the side.
I already acknowledged that MLG was in the right for suspending the two teams. I do have a right to evidence when an agency (like the Escapist) publishes claims with the ostensible goal of reporting actual facts. If the Escapist wants to be a legitimate and trusted source for game-related news it better damn actually be a legitimate and trusted source.

DracoSuave said:
You are NOT someone who has any personal stake in this whatsoever.
Patently false. I want to be able to trust the claims that The Escapist makes when it reports on events, and I also want to be able to trust the claims that MLG makes if it holds a tournament I'm interested in watching. Therefore I want to be able to be sure that they fact check their claims and explore all sides of the issue, and failing that are open to acknowledging when they're wrong.

DracoSuave said:
There is no evidence that MLG has reason to lie, especially given that they're not even saving any money by doing so.
Also wrong. They have all the reason in the world to lie because their reputation as a legitimate LoL tournament host is on the line. MLGs tournament got snubbed by TSM, the top team in North America (allegedly because TSM thought MLG wasn't a respectable venue), and then Curse and Dignitas both said they didn't actually care who won because they had more important games to worry about. Then MLG comes out and bans the two teams for what on it's surface seems is playing unorthodox strategies and a big giant furor of hate descends upon them from the LoL community? They have their entire reputation and a lot of money on the line here to make up a bs accusation that casts the two teams as cartoon villains, and until MLG actually defends their accusations I'm going to assume that they're lying.

Whether or not you agree with my assessment of MLG and the circumstances of the case doesn't change the fact that the Escapist is doing shoddy journalism when their assessment of MLG and the circumstances of the case boils down to "MLG is 100% in the right about everything", though.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
DjinnFor said:
DracoSuave said:
If they're not prepared to provide evidence for their bullshit accusations I'm perfectly prepared to call them out for lying to cover their asses, and call out the Escapist for regurgitating their bullshit instead of actually doing any kind of investigative journalism.

Why is the Escapist allowed to make retarded statements like "it seems that pro gaming is just as vulnerable to cheating as physical sports are", "the two teams [will] be known forever as jerks", "the only thing to do is to act as MLG has: acknowledge the wrongdoing, serve a severe but fair punishment, and move on" if they're just an irrelevant observer?

The Escapist is claiming that MLG acted in the right ("the only thing to do is act as MLG has"), I assert the opposite. Yet I'm an irrelevant observer who should keep his mouth shut because he doesn't deserve an explanation and the Escapist can say and do whatever it wants for what reason exactly? Bullshit.
Since when does the JUDGE in a case have to provide evidence? Both sides presented their evidence to the judge--RIOT--and the case was decided by that judge, and all parties agreed to the outcome.

Suddenly there's a call about a lack of evidence?

The thing is, the neutral third party... the one who looked at the evidence--RIOT--agrees with MLG. The players of the teams have made conflicting statements that disagree with MLG, but the judge--RIOT--has come out in favor of MLG on this.

Why do you need this evidence? The evidence might be testimonial in nature, does that mean that whistleblowers and witnesses have to create videos about what they said just so you can go 'mmhmm' or whatnot?

No. The witness get to maintain their privacy, because NOTHING says they have to come forth to you, publicly.

It was handled exactly as it should have, by internal process.

What you are asking for is completely unreasonable.

DracoSuave said:
That's also all irrelevant. Just because all relevant parties can agree a rule was broken does not mean MLG gets to slander their name with false accusations and that Escapist shouldn't be criticized for quoting press releases verbatim and making judgments solely on one side of the story instead of reporting on the actual facts of the case.
Unfortunately, it's not slander if it's not untrue. If they are being slandered (and technically it's libel, as it's published words), then they have the right to sue for damages about it. But here's the kicker:

The judge in this instance-RIOT, which I cannot repeat enough-ALSO put out a statement agreeing with MLG's statement.

When the JUDGE in a case makes their statement, that's a bit different than the accuser making the statement. You don't get to call slander when you don't have reason to believe the teams either. When a neutral third party whose job it is to look at these things agrees with one side, that is a lot more convincing then 'your word against mine'.

DracoSuave said:
What you are doing is casting disparagement on the system and requiring they release proof that frankly, you have no right to. None. You are not any of the parties. You are just an observer on the side.
I already acknowledged that MLG was in the right for suspending the two teams. I do have a right to evidence when an agency (like the Escapist) publishes claims with the ostensible goal of reporting actual facts. If the Escapist wants to be a legitimate and trusted source for game-related news it better damn actually be a legitimate and trusted source.
But they are reporting accurately. Two different, unrelated parties have come forth and put statements stating there was collusion. Riot specifically stated that all sides agreed in discussion that there was collusion to split the prize money. Everyone agrees the players are in the wrong... but suddenly the players are disagreeing with the agreement MLG and the players made in the presence of Riot?

MLG made a statement about the players--people simply cannot publicly lie like that with impunity. If MLG were caught lying about it, their integrity as a judge of professional e-sports would be gone in a second. They have a reputation for impartiality they have to maintain in order to keep their business. The players do not have this same burden on them--if they lie it doesn't matter because they still have sponsorships because they still compete in games.

Notice: Other than the erasing of the results, no punitive action was taken against either Dignitas or Curse, and they were permitted to compete in the finals. No suspensions or any other disciplinary measures were taken by Riot. The teams got off very easy, which I think is fine, given the relative unimportance of the victory in the race for the regionals and world championships.

DracoSuave said:
You are NOT someone who has any personal stake in this whatsoever.
Patently false. I want to be able to trust the claims that The Escapist makes when it reports on events, and I also want to be able to trust the claims that MLG makes if it holds a tournament I'm interested in watching. Therefore I want to be able to be sure that they fact check their claims and explore all sides of the issue, and failing that are open to acknowledging when they're wrong.
But they aren't wrong. Because they're going with the results of the judgement on the case. Remember, it isn't MLG accusing the teams, and the teams going 'No way' and that's it. There's also a third party--Riot--who looked at the evidence, discussing it with all parties involved, and decided to side with MLG.

MLG ran the tournament, but Riot has final oversight and makes decisions that effect the outcome of the points races and qualifiers for the end-of-season championships.

DracoSuave said:
There is no evidence that MLG has reason to lie, especially given that they're not even saving any money by doing so.
Also wrong. They have all the reason in the world to lie because their reputation as a legitimate LoL tournament host is on the line. MLGs tournament got snubbed by TSM, the top team in North America (allegedly because TSM thought MLG wasn't a respectable venue), and then Curse and Dignitas both said they didn't actually care who won because they had more important games to worry about. Then MLG comes out and bans the two teams for what on it's surface seems is playing unorthodox strategies and a big giant furor of hate descends upon them from the LoL community? They have their entire reputation and a lot of money on the line here to make up a bs accusation that casts the two teams as cartoon villains, and until MLG actually defends their accusations I'm going to assume that they're lying.
TSM had no reason to show up. They had a lock on first place going into regionals. There literally was nothing at stake for them as they were already guaranteed first seed going into Regionals. It isn't that the venue isn't respectable, it's that there was no reason to show up. So, yes, they DID have more important games to worry about, especially given the single-elimination nature of Regionals--THAT venue is the MOST important tournament of the year for them, as getting that guaranteed spot means they don't have to slog through qualifiers.

As for Curse and Dignitas, collusion could actually be at play because they may have wanted prefered matchups against the lower-seeded players. With the standings as they were at the beginning, Dignitas was matched against Team Dynamic, which they have shown they have no problems with, and Curse was matched against Evo, which they too have shown no problems with.

If Dignitas won at MLG, then they would have been matched against Legion, which isn't a team they have as much recent experience against. Against TD, however, they have a LOT of experience with, so they could be confident that would be the easier Round 1.

Curse's win, however, would not affect the standings, and so win or lose doesn't mean anything for them going into Regionals.

So, yes, there IS reason for Dignitas to WANT to throw the game. They wanted a stronger matchup going into Regionals, which means that losing the game was in their favor.

Whether or not you agree with my assessment of MLG and the circumstances of the case doesn't change the fact that the Escapist is doing shoddy journalism when their assessment of MLG and the circumstances of the case boils down to "MLG is 100% in the right about everything", though.
But here's the thing. YOU are not checking your facts clearly enough either. This is one reason I am certainly not going to take your side--you aren't presenting correct information.

This is MLG's statement:

MLG regrets to announce that we will not be awarding 1st or 2nd Place finishes for the Summer Championship League of Legends Event. We have determined that there was collusion between the two final teams, Curse NA and Team Dignitas. This is in clear violation of both the letter and spirit of MLG?s Official Pro Circuit Conduct Rules: ?competitors may not intentionally Forfeit a Game or conspire to manipulate Rankings or Brackets.? As such, both teams have been disqualified, and no placements or prize money will be awarded.

Riot has agreed with this decision and, in accordance with their Season 2 rules on Unsportsmanlike Conduct, will not be awarding Circuit points to either team.

The 3rd and 4th Place teams will receive the prize money and Circuit Points they have earned, and all other results stand. No 1st or 2nd Place will be awarded for this event.

Both teams have agreed that the disqualification was warranted. While there is some contention over the exact nature of the actions taken by Curse NA and Dignitas which led to the disqualification, both teams, as well as MLG and Riot, agree that any collusion, or anything involving not playing a tournament match to win, warrants disqualification.

None of the parties involved, especially the teams, are happy about this occurrence, because they all take League of Legends eSports very seriously.

Notice: There is nothing in there about colluding to throw a match, simply that there was collusion AND that it is unsportsmanlike by Riot's season 2 rules.

Riot was the one who claimed that the teams colluded to affect the outcome. Riot is the one who released that statement in their forums.

So please... facts straight please. MLG is officially stating that it was collusion of some sort. Riot is stating that it was to affect the outcome of the match.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
The team who decided to take second place could've at least asked for a slightly bigger chunk of the prize money for getting less glory...55/45, maybe? :/

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
Zachery Gaskins said:
"If you took away the [insert juvenile behavior here], it'd just be Starcraft." - some douchebag
If this was Starcraft, a bunch of people would get fired from their teams and won't be able to get jobs in the industry ever again.
Also, the ringleader would get banned for life, all his titles stripped (even though he won them fair and square) off the record books, and prison time.

DjinnFor

Nov 20, 2009
I'm going to quote the most significant areas of disagreement I have with you to keep this conversation brief.

DracoSuave said:
Since when does the JUDGE in a case have to provide evidence? Both sides presented their evidence to the judge--RIOT--and the case was decided by that judge, and all parties agreed to the outcome.
When do they have to? They have to when their legitimacy is called into question, assuming they give a damn about their reputation.

DracoSuave said:
Everyone agrees the players are in the wrong... but suddenly the players are disagreeing with the agreement MLG and the players made in the presence of Riot?
That's not really what happened. The two teams had been disputing the allegations made against them but then conceded that agreeing to play ARAM technically warrants a disqualification under the stated rules and didn't dispute the ruling. Even MLGs own press release alludes to that fact:

DracoSuave said:
Both teams have agreed that the disqualification was warranted. While there is some contention over the exact nature of the actions taken by Curse NA and Dignitas which led to the disqualification, both teams, as well as MLG and Riot, agree that any collusion, or anything involving not playing a tournament match to win, warrants disqualification.
MLG is evidently not willing to stand behind their allegations of prize-money splitting.

DracoSuave said:
MLG made a statement about the players--people simply cannot publicly lie like that with impunity. If MLG were caught lying about it, their integrity as a judge of professional e-sports would be gone in a second.
How can they be "caught lying" if outside observers like me who allegedly have no stake in the outcome aren't allowed to even try to catch them in said lie?

DracoSuave said:
Notice: Other than the erasing of the results, no punitive action was taken against either Dignitas or Curse, and they were permitted to compete in the finals. No suspensions or any other disciplinary measures were taken by Riot. The teams got off very easy, which I think is fine, given the relative unimportance of the victory in the race for the regionals and world championships.
I think the teams got off easy so that they wouldn't raise a big stink about the accusations leveled at them. With the reason said accusations were leveled at them being (like I said before) to save face. If you don't agree though, that's your prerogative.

DracoSuave said:
But they aren't wrong. Because they're going with the results of the judgement on the case. Remember, it isn't MLG accusing the teams, and the teams going 'No way' and that's it. There's also a third party--Riot--who looked at the evidence, discussing it with all parties involved, and decided to side with MLG.
Actually, what happened was that Riot agreed that a suspension was justified for their actions. They did not agree that any and all accusations leveled by MLG are true, which is the topic at hand here.

Honestly I could care less about Riot's judgment or role as a judge regarding the disqualifications. The teams were DQ'd for colluding to play an ARAM and all parties agreed that this was a valid cause for suspension, and as far as I'm concerned Riot's relevance to this debate begins and ends there. I'm demanding proof of MLG and The Escapist for the accusations made that were NOT ancillary to the actual disqualification, such as the allegations of price fixing and match throwing.

Those accusations are still debatable and are not confirmed true or proven false by Riot stating that the DQ's were justified.

DracoSuave said:
This is MLG's statement:
That may be MLGs statement, but this is what The Escapist had to say about the situation.

Greg Tito said:
Major League Gaming discovered the final two League of Legends teams left in the Summer Championship tournament this weekend in Raleigh, NC were "colluding" to split the final prize money.
Where does The Escapist get the idea that they were trying to split the prize money? Perhaps from the following accusation from an employee of MLG, Lee Chen.

https://twitter.com/MLGLee/status/239882716609400832

Why do their own press releases fail to make any affirmative statement over the nature of the collusion? Probably because they can't actually prove the prize splitting and match fixing allegations in court if the teams so chose to sue them for it. Why do they specifically state that the nature of the collusion was not agreed upon but the teams accept the verdict? Probably because the two teams weren't willing to actually accept the verdict if they didn't clear their name first. They knew there were valid grounds to DQ them for publicly agreeing to play ARAM ahead of time but didn't want the false accusations of "prize money splitting" and "match fixing" to go along with said DQ.

All that didn't stop MLG's employees from making accusations, though. Nor The Escapist from blithely reporting on it as though it was fact.

DracoSuave said:
Notice: There is nothing in there about colluding to throw a match, simply that there was collusion AND that it is unsportsmanlike by Riot's season 2 rules.
So basically to paraphrase what this statement means in relation to my point: The Escapist was wrong to claim that the teams colluded to split the prize money, since both MLG and Riot's official statements don't actually take that position. And that MLG should publicly apologize for the accusations leveled against the teams by one of their employees when in their own press release there was absolutely no claim that the two teams attempted to split the prize money.

Fair?

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
DjinnFor said:
I'm going to quote the most significant areas of disagreement I have with you to keep this conversation brief.

DracoSuave said:
When do they have to? They have to when their legitimacy is called into question, assuming they give a damn about their reputation.
The judge MEVER provides the evidence. It's the people making the case. Seriously, this isn't even difficult.

DracoSuave said:
Everyone agrees the players are in the wrong... but suddenly the players are disagreeing with the agreement MLG and the players made in the presence of Riot?
That's not really what happened. The two teams had been disputing the allegations made against them but then conceded that agreeing to play ARAM technically warrants a disqualification under the stated rules and didn't dispute the ruling. Even MLGs own press release alludes to that fact:

DracoSuave said:
MLG is evidently not willing to stand behind their allegations of prize-money splitting.
Riot's the one who made the statement saying there was game fixing. Come on. This isn't even difficult.

DracoSuave said:
MLG made a statement about the players--people simply cannot publicly lie like that with impunity. If MLG were caught lying about it, their integrity as a judge of professional e-sports would be gone in a second.
How can they be "caught lying" if outside observers like me who allegedly have no stake in the outcome aren't allowed to even try to catch them in said lie?
Third party arbitration, slander/libel lawsuits, the witnesses step forward... there's lots of ways to do that.

DracoSuave said:
I think the teams got off easy so that they wouldn't raise a big stink about the accusations leveled at them. With the reason said accusations were leveled at them being (like I said before) to save face. If you don't agree though, that's your prerogative.
Or it might be that Riot didn't want to bring down the hammer for being the only teams to break their competition rules.

DracoSuave said:
Actually, what happened was that Riot agreed that a suspension was justified for their actions. They did not agree that any and all accusations leveled by MLG are true, which is the topic at hand here.
Riot ITSELF said that there was collusion and match fixing and that the ARAM was not the reason why. That was RIOT's statement.

Honestly I could care less about Riot's judgment or role as a judge regarding the disqualifications.
You really should, seeing as you're misattributing MLG's quotes to Riot.

The teams were DQ'd for colluding to play an ARAM and all parties agreed that this was a valid cause for suspension, and as far as I'm concerned Riot's relevance to this debate begins and ends there. I'm demanding proof of MLG and The Escapist for the accusations made that were NOT ancillary to the actual disqualification, such as the allegations of price fixing and match throwing.
Riot said it was for fixing, and that the ARAM was not the reason at all. Why are you ignoring this just to snipe at MLG? You're claiming this isn't important.

Those accusations are still debatable and are not confirmed true or proven false by Riot stating that the DQ's were justified.
EXCEPT THAT RIOT STATED THE ALLEGATIONS ARE TRUE ARE YOU NOT PAYING ATTENTION HERE.

There's no point going on here. You're misattributing what Riot said to MLG, and now claiming Riot didn't say things they VERY MUCH DID.

No wonder you're confused about this.

DjinnFor

Nov 20, 2009
Captcha: Don't waste time

Okay captcha, I'll keep it short and sweet.

DracoSuave said:
There's no point going on here. You're misattributing what Riot said to MLG, and now claiming Riot didn't say things they VERY MUCH DID.
You keep asserting what Riot said but have not actually provided any evidence for this. My own research has produced nothing, although I vaguely remember an extremely ambiguous forum post from a Riot member saying the teams colluded to screw around in game one, but it sure wasn't to fix the match nor split the prize money.

As far as I know, the sum total of Riot's position on the matter is contained in MLGs press release, because I know for a fact that they have not released an official press release statement of their own.

And one more thing, because this is really getting on my nerves:

DracoSuave said:
The judge MEVER provides the evidence. It's the people making the case. Seriously, this isn't even difficult.
It "isn't even difficult" to read what I fucking wrote and respond to it, so please do so instead of harping on and on about how "Riot's a judge", something that's A) not true, and B) completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. This isn't a court of law, and you're right that in one the judge wouldn't have to provide evidence to make a verdict... but because this isn't a court of law, and because there's no court of appeals or a jury or a public courtroom or any of that jazz, please stop making irrelevant analogies. It's MLGs sole prerogative to suspend the two teams, and Riot's sole prerogative to refuse to award them circuit points, and that's the sum total of their relationship; Riot at no point ever acted as a judge or arbiter, so stop pretending like it ought to be immune to criticism. They are at best a third party. And you know what? A court of law is not above criticism, for that matter, so stop pretending like it is. A judge who makes a controversial verdict better damn well be prepared to justify it to the community writ large or he should be thrown out of office.

So, like I was saying: this has nothing to do with a court of law. I will try to put this very simply: if Riot's official position is called into question, then it is within Riot's best interest as a company to rectify the situation by justifying their position. The easiest way to do that is to provide the evidence that MLG was relying on to DQ the teams, which they presumably provided to Riot to use to make their decision regarding the awarding of circuit points. This has fuck all to do with a courtroom, and everything to do with Public Relations 101.