MLP Season 3 Predictions Thread!

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
RJ 17 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if she and Shining Armor utterly vanished now that their wedding has gone by.
That is what I am thinking as well, mainly because of the money spent on hiring the original voice actors to play the parts again.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Here's what we pretty much know so far:
- Fluttershy will turn into a dragon in one of the episode.
- Trixie will return.
- Crystal ponies (New subset of the regular ponies, new race, or mythology?)
- We're going to see more of Cadence and Shining Armor, they're Hasbros #1 marketing point.

Here's some things that might happen:
- New villain. There's a picture dug up from an official pony flash game from Hasbro with what could be best described as "Evil looking OC pony made with Pony Generator". Picture in spoiler tag below.
- Proper storyline or increased continuity. This has been subtly hinted about by one of the guys that makes the episodes.
- So far, only 13 episodes have been announced. I hope we'll get a full season, but it is possible that there will only be 13.

And lastly, things I personally wish to happen:
- Episodes based on the background ponies. Having a few episodes that focus on the lives of the rest of the characters we see in the background would do wonders on making the world more interesting.
- More interaction with background characters. See point above.
- A bit of fan-service, like giving Octavia and Vinyl Scratch a few speaking lines.
- More history, we're seriously lacking in information about what has happened during Celestias 1000-year reign.
- World traveling! So far we know very little about other locations in Equestria. Appleloosa, Canterlot, Manehatten and Ponyville are the only places that comes to mind.
- But most of all, continuity is what I feel this show lacks.

And here is the spoiler with the possible season 3 villain:

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Shadowstar38 said:
1) I'd like an episode that doesnt focus on the mane 6 or cmc. Make an episode about Celestia just running the country or something

2) Derpy will speak more than a couple line, shenannigans will insue again.

3)A Scootaloo episode/ The other two got one. Where's hers?

4)If Luna is in another episode for more than a few seconds someone will be cut >.>
1: I'm really hoping for such an episode as well.
2: Derpy will never speak again, this has been confirmed by Hasbro. She will still be seen during some episodes, in all her wall-eyed glory.
3: We know nothing about Scootaloo, an episode about her would be wonderful. Where the hell is her family?

titankore

Nov 10, 2009
I predict an episode where Twilight attempts to write a book and it is horrible and involves obvious renames of her friends.

I also hope that one of the villains of the past seasons is at least mentioned again. Like an episode going over their history.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
ToastiestZombie said:
What part of "This thread is only for bronies" do you not understand? If you don't care then don't click on the damn thread, it's not that hard.
The part where you not only asking them. Your in the Off-topic Discussion don' act like I am invading sovereign space. Edit besides it's not like I didn't' contribute.

Also.
Bhaalspawn said:
That would be me.
Thanks for taking things in a playful manner.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I think we'll be seeing more baby cakes. Damn, I love them. They're soooo cute!

Oh, and hopefully a Rarity episode that addresses the issue of her... well, being not all that perfect, even when it comes to her element. Its clear that she babysits her sister for her parents all the time, but then the Sisterhoof Social episode happens. She frets over Twilight's birthday gift to the point of unhealthy anxiety, but still fails to meet her personal vision for the dress. She's the first to volunteer for twilight's magic to go support Rainbow Dash in the flying competition, then winds up trying to steal the show.
Yeah, things turned out fine anyway, but I definitely smell some underlying issues there to address.

Oh, and I'd love to see more derpy, especially with the implication that she associates with the mane six on a fairly frequent basis. Fans minds asplode.

Also, since with the changelings, (unless you count them as a kelpie reference )they've established that fantasy humanlike creatures are ponies in Equestria, I'm hoping for more magical ponylike creatures.

Also, read my username, please.

DesertMummy

Jan 6, 2011
My guess is that the premiere will spawn a slew of threads, followed by a bunch of insecure, intolerant, assholes to post a bunch of moronic, unnecessary hating comments. This will be followed closely by a bunch of equally insecure bronies to post comments about how we are an "oppressed minority" or some other stupid bullshit about tolerance.

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
Lumber Barber said:
Eddie the head said:
Oh, and someone is going to WAY over analyze what is going on in the show.
As always.
Just a matter of time before some hack who claims to be a psychologist starts analyzing every single character to add to his penis size.

Now, what I would personally like to see is that godawful intro song gone and preferably burned to ashes so I might give the damn show a chance without wanting to tear off my ears.
Or did that happen already? I didn't check.
You could always, you know, skip the intro.
Or mute it when the song starts.
...just sayin'.
To be honest, I didn't like it at first. I've sort of become numb to it now and can sit through it without a problem. I don't particularly like it but it doesn't pain me to watch it.

I want a Scootaloo episode.
Seriously.
Also, Applejack needs a song. Come on guys, she hasn't had a proper song yet.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
As other people have said, Applejack hasn't really had her very own song yet. So I'd like to see what that would be like.

I also agree with Scarim Coral about a boyfriend episode. While it is pretty cliched, I have read this one decent fanfic about a guy who had a crush on Twilight, and it made me think, that something like this would probably make a pretty good episode.

And perhaps the return of Discord?

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Another Spike themed episode is always welcome.

And Scootaloo needs her own episode too.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Inb4 hate- Oh, wait. I'll have to get up earlier in the morning to get inb4 hate on a pony thread.
It's like sticking your head in the oven. You know you won't like it, so keep your head away from the oven.

Anyway, I did actually have a few ideas a while ago but I can't remember many of them.

An episode with RD's and Fluttershy's family? That would be nice.
Maybe we get to see Spike move on from Rarity and find someone who likes him back. (I guess it'd be another dragon?)
Maybe a body-swap episode, the Earth ponies herp and derp a lot because they aren't used to wings xP

gunny1993

Jun 26, 2012
Cadance gets a second dimension to her character (oh please oh please)
More freaking Luna makes me go *yay*
We see some background ponies get some full time action
Rainbow Dash says awesome a lot
More awesome Crusader episodes
Pinkie Pie deifies logic and physics to bring cake to the hearts of millions

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
RJ 17 said:
I predict Ponies with Portals!

But yeah, they know what works, so they'll be giving their fans more of what they want:

Luna
Celestia
Maaaaaaaybe Cadance, but I wouldn't be surprised if she and Shining Armor utterly vanished now that their wedding has gone by.
Quick spoiler, Cadence is coming back they mentioned her in one of the songs they released at Comic Con.
OT: I would like to see an episode where Trixie returns but has changed her ways and is now trying to be good and act with humility the town could not buy it and then she could prove herself and teach a lesson about not holding grudges.

gunny1993

Jun 26, 2012
Shadowstar38 said:
1) I'd like an episode that doesnt focus on the mane 6 or cmc. Make an episode about Celestia just running the country or something

4)If Luna is in another episode for more than a few seconds someone will be cut >.>
1. .... you mean like that episode of house that follows Cuddy around all day.... hopefully if they did it, it would be more interesting than that.

4. ..................... how can you not like lune, she's got like the best back story and character base of all of them..... unlike Cadance and Shinning Armour

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
gunny1993 said:
Shadowstar38 said:

1. .... you mean like that episode of house that follows Cuddy around all day.... hopefully if they did it, it would be more interesting than that.

4. ..................... how can you not like lune, she's got like the best back story and character base of all of them..... unlike Cadance and Shinning Armour
Typo. I meant "is not" Meaning I want it

ZexionSephiroth

Apr 7, 2011
RJ 17 said:
I predict Ponies with Portals!

But yeah, they know what works, so they'll be giving their fans more of what they want:

Luna
Celestia
Maaaaaaaybe Cadance, but I wouldn't be surprised if she and Shining Armor utterly vanished now that their wedding has gone by.
If one song is to be believed. Cadence will feature prominently in a plot to ... I'm assuming keep some breed of pony from wiping itself out. No word on Shiny though. (Edit: looks like someone beat me to this point.)

...and now for me to abscond, I've got stuff to do for the next few hours.

Dtox333

Dec 7, 2011
Eddie the head said:
ToastiestZombie said:
What part of "This thread is only for bronies" do you not understand? If you don't care then don't click on the damn thread, it's not that hard.
The part where you not only asking them. Your in the Off-topic Discussion don' act like I am invading sovereign space. Edit besides it's not like I didn't' contribute.

Also.
Bhaalspawn said:
That would be me.
Thanks for taking things in a playful manner.
Oh come on now, you MUST be aware of how often people feel the need to act condescending when ponies are brought up.

It was a simple request, don't act like a dick and move along. easy, right?

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Shadowstar38 said:
4)If Luna is not in another episode for more than a few seconds someone will be cut >.>
this -.-

though replace 'cut' with 'bamboo torture' -.- seriously, more Luna, more Cadence to though we seem to be getting that with the spoiler song.

my prediction though, it won't suck :D