MLP Season 3 Predictions Thread!

Toy Yota

Jul 7, 2012
I remember that the daily said that Hasbro are going to buy some entertainment licenses to create an official crossover episode.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Octavia + Vinyl Scratch + Singing. Any of these in combination would be awesome.

I'd like to see more Luna/Celestia interaction too, but I don't see that happening.

I just hope that the Mane 6 don't change at all, but I doubt that would happen either (luckily).

Edit: The best idea that I've ever seen is this: More varied episode-lengths. I'd love to see a couple of short episodes done in the style of other cartoons with two ten-minute shorts, and I'd also love to see a couple of two-parters.

Amgeo

Apr 14, 2011
One thing I'd really like to see is an episode on the relationship between Fluttershy and Applejack.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
I have 2 ideas.

1.) someone write a petition for Hasbro to change their mind about airing that rejected Big Macintosh-focused episode.

2.) have the Season 3 finale involve a 4-part epic where Equestria gets invaded by an army of Roman-style Pony Legionnaires lead by a ponified Julius Caesar expy who manages to annex Equestria forcefully, kicks the Princesses and royal guard out of Canterlot, and manages to destroy the Elements of Harmony, prompting the Mane Six to go on a 2-way journey to:

A) Figure out how to repair the Elements of Harmony

B) helping a group of rebels lead by Princess Celestia and Shining Armor, who end up having to forge a rebellion against the Pony Legionnaires.

Also, in stark contrast to Discord, who likes to bring Equestria into chaos, the aformentioned Ponified Julius Caesar (feel free to come up with any name you see fit, though I'd personally call him Legaticus Egoticus) would be a villian who favors order over harmony, and as such, could be a Knight Templar uptight tyrant who'd put Equestria under martial law and functionally bullies its citizens.

If you think about, it would be a season finale that involves Twilight and her friends going against the Roman Empire, can anyone here think of a more badass epic story?

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Ok for the record I like MLP buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut. I have never actually watched a full episode from beginning to end despite having seen hours of unique content from both seasons so far so my predictions are worth horse-hockey.

Derpy gets a bigger role.
Luna's personality is fleshed out and explored EVEN more.
Fan service in the form of pop culture that predates the show by decades.
Possible messages that will go over the heads of children and be intended for the brony community.
Season long story arc.
More mature tone whilst retaining whimsy.
Side episodes focusing on the day to day lives of background characters and the workings of the pony world.
A possible time traveling episode with Dr. Whooves/Time Turner.

So yeah, that is what I have to offer.

ZexionSephiroth

Apr 7, 2011
Misterian said:
...Also, in stark contrast to Discord, who likes to bring Equestria into chaos, the aformentioned Ponified Julius Caesar (feel free to come up with any name you see fit, though I'd personally call him Legaticus Egoticus) would be a villian who favors order over harmony, and as such, could be a Knight Templar uptight tyrant who'd put Equestria under martial law and functionally bullies its citizens...
I was hoping someone would bring up this point. I Always think that both Law and Chaos are equally good or bad; it just depends who wields them. I'm not sure If I should go into D&D alignments here (Pony Thread and all), but yeah; as a whole Equestria, the main 6, and everywhere else noted seem to work better with a mix of both working together to do good.

In show: there seem to be two order based in the main six; Twilight, Applejack. Two Chaos based; Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie. And two Neutral based; Rarity and Fluttershy. (If you think Rarity is lawful, check out her inspiration room.)

Gah! Law and chaos is a big thing with me, I could argue about it till dawn if I wasn't still looking for a picture of Rainbow Dash in a suit of Armour... Wait a minute... i think I saw one that away --->

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
The Equestrians will continue to have wonderful and happy adventures, overcoming any obstacle by the power of friendship of magic.

itsthesheppy

Mar 28, 2012
I think folks in this thread are holding the show to a fairly unrealistic narrative standard. I don't like MLP because of the epic sweeping story lines. Are you kidding? The stories tend to be pretty cookie-cutter and simple. They have to be, since the show is aimed at small children.

No, I like it because of its whimsical tone, the dialogue, and the subtle complexity of the characters. How they relate to each other and to their world. And the gags. There's some good cartoon gags in this show.

But I don't think I would be very happy if Equestria-Prevails stuff started showing up in the show. Huge wars and epic invasions and Zzzzzzzzz.

I'll take "Putting Your Hoof Down" over any two-parter any day. Just give me a light, amusing 22 minutes and I'm set, thanks.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
Lonely Packager said:
ToastiestZombie said:
.A few MLP threads on this site, leading to even more threads complaining about those threads
This is going to be at the top of my prediction list. Right above 'Show is about ponies'.
(I'll just steal your other predictions as well thnx)
You've both forgotten that there will then be threads complaining about the threads complaining about the MLP threads. Something along the lines of "Why all the hate for MLP:FIM."

In fact, probably that exact title will show up at some point.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
I like to think that the Crystal ponies will be some precursor race (The song about them is sung in the past tense) but I think that that would probably be too complex for little girls, plus the whole no death thing.
Also that villain looks like a really shitty OC, I hope he's either not in the show or in it to parody OCs.