Modern Warfare 2 Patched, All Is Better Now

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
Sronpop said:
Those public private matches made me rage like nothing else, I went FUCKING BALLISTIC last night when it happened to me 3 times in a row. I snapped my headphone and was || this close to snapping the disc.

So ridiculously retarded. Every single time I would try play domination it would throw me into a 24 player hardcore free for all on rust. The problem with this is, the map is fucking tiny and their aren't enough spawns, you are literally always entirely on tops of people and can't last more than 5 secs because all the spawns are camped aswell. I don't think I have ever been so pissed off at a game that I was every time I got thrown into one of those games, they aren't even fun. So glad I didn't thrown my controller into my lcd tv.

Maybe I can actually play a proper game now that all that is fixed.
OK I've some game rage attacks too, but I know not to attack the actual console next time take your anger out on the couch or some pillows, or squash a tissue box or something just don't attack anything having to do with the console I broke two controllers that way.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Ghonzor said:
KDR_11k said:
Ghonzor said:
Am I the only one that never really saw a problem with the akimbo 1887's?
Seriously, they were unlocked so late (Level 63) because they were powerful.
You get to use what you earn.
Powerful stuff should not be unlocked late, it just creates imbalances between those who bothered to grind and those who did not independent of their skill levels. I treat MW2 multiplayer as a casual game to mess around in instead of a serious competitive game for that reason, a game isn't competitive if you don't get a level playing field to work with. Hell, a player below lv30 can't even effectively shoot a heli down!
Hey now, you start off with a launcher that is perfectly capable of taking stuff down.
And if you didn't get better stuff along the way, what would the point of leveling up be?
Doesn't that just prove that kill streaks and leveling are just plain retarded?

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
Skizle said:
Any word on the patch to fix the amount of campers on XBL? Usually I have no problem with campers, but when an entire team does it match after match it gets frustrating.
Yeah! And fix the dedicated servers, lean, balancing issues, get rid of the "noob tube", get rid of the snipers, get rid of the people who run around knifing, get rid of people who jackrabbit around the maps, and the most important one...

Get rid of all the people better than me!

I'm sorry, it just seems like after everyones complaints are addressed, they might as well release a completely different game. It's amazing how many people would pay for and play for hours on end a game that they complain is totally broken.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
The models haven't been fixed, I picked up some today and they still kill at stupid distances.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Ghonzor said:
KDR_11k said:
Ghonzor said:
Powerful stuff should not be unlocked late, it just creates imbalances between those who bothered to grind and those who did not independent of their skill levels. I treat MW2 multiplayer as a casual game to mess around in instead of a serious competitive game for that reason, a game isn't competitive if you don't get a level playing field to work with. Hell, a player below lv30 can't even effectively shoot a heli down!
Hey now, you start off with a launcher that is perfectly capable of taking stuff down.
And if you didn't get better stuff along the way, what would the point of leveling up be?
Exactly.

No competitive game should come with people being handicapped simply because they haven't played as much as Joe Obsessive who's prestiged twice already.

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
Cpt_Oblivious said:
At least it's better than that insult to mohawks he had before.
As a self-respecting man who is re-growing his elaborate crest, I have to say there is nothing wrong with sporting a Soap-style 'Lohawk' in the transitory phase as the hair returns.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Armitage Shanks said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
As a self-respecting man who is re-growing his elaborate crest, I have to say there is nothing wrong with sporting a Soap-style 'Lohawk' in the transitory phase as the hair returns.
Yeah, but Soap isn't in a transatory phase of growing a crest...

pha kin su pah

Mar 26, 2008
StigmataDiaboli said:
Mr.Wiggles said:
Greg Tito said:
Includes: 1887s Balanced.
Can someone tell me it means by this?? Balanced as in no more akimbos or what???
They 'SEEM' to do less damage is the verdict from my MW2 mad friends. I'll get it one day when it comes down in price....(ahahahahaha!...oh that'll never happen...)
This, they seem to do less damage, but then they fire the second round... still i guess you now have some chance of escaping it.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Starke said:
Armitage Shanks said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Yeah, but Soap isn't in a transatory phase of growing a crest...
He's in a transitory phase of midlife crisis.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
Amnestic said:
Ghonzor said:
KDR_11k said:
Ghonzor said:
Exactly.

No competitive game should come with people being handicapped simply because they haven't played as much as Joe Obsessive who's prestiged twice already.
I see your point, but IW saw fit to include rewards for Mr. Obsessive there; if they wanted him to have it, then he should be able to have it.
And there are plenty of ways to deal with the super shotguns...like a nice sniper bullet to the face.

carnefex42

Jun 12, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
Thank fuck for that. Im glad MW2 listens to its community.
yeah unlike other games... oh wait other games do too! and i dont recall cod 4 having so many complaints so near its release date either. im sorry to all those people who are obsessed with modern warfare 2, but cod 4 was a better game when it came to online play. there were rarely any glitches. and there was no over powered shotgun/sniper like the 1887. this is all personal opinion, great if you agree with it, i dont care if you disagree. i still love you all :D

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
HUBILUB said:
Maybe now the hate for the unbalanced multiplayer for MW2 will go unjustified.

Or will people find other things to complain about?

Of course they will
Well it is entirely unwarranted of course. The game is utterly perfect in every way.

carnefex42 said:
Distorted Stu said:
Thank fuck for that. Im glad MW2 listens to its community.
yeah unlike other games... oh wait other games do too! and i dont recall cod 4 having so many complaints so near its release date either. im sorry to all those people who are obsessed with modern warfare 2, but cod 4 was a better game when it came to online play. there were rarely any glitches. and there was no over powered shotgun/sniper like the 1887. this is all personal opinion, great if you agree with it, i dont care if you disagree. i still love you all :D
Nuh Uh. MW2 is the ultimate game with best graphics and ultra gameplay. It haz game of year all the way. MP is total great with super uniq.

I hope I wrote that properly.

carnefex42

Jun 12, 2009
Ghonzor said:
Amnestic said:
Ghonzor said:
KDR_11k said:
Ghonzor said:
Exactly.

i like that. but what about the riot shields? those things are some of the most annoying things ever. whenever i have one i seem to get knifed more than any one else who uses one. oh and what about those people who run around with marathon, light weight, and commando pro on? if you ask me i think that is a little annoying. i think IW was aware of the uses of those perks, but it should constrict the weapons your aloud to use. like 1887 akimbo. that would make it a little less straining for peope
I see your point, but IW saw fit to include rewards for Mr. Obsessive there; if they wanted him to have it, then he should be able to have it.
And there are plenty of ways to deal with the super shotguns...like a nice sniper bullet to the face.

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
Yay! Now if only I had a copy of MW2, and the will to go online with it.

seriously though like penny arcade said "double shotgun dude is a dog rapist"

HaraDaya

Nov 9, 2009
Cyberjester said:
Amnestic said:
[There's something so satisfying about a pump-action shotgun. Like bolt-action rifles.
And yet they generally leave out the bolt-action rifles. :(
That was reason enough for me to get World at War. Got ruined by SMG's though.