Modern Warfare 2 Players Log 200,000 Gameplay Years

YouCallMeNighthawk

Mar 8, 2010
Well i say good on ya IW.

Why is everyone bitching and moaning? because they're making more money?
It's kinda how the business world works, you make stuff and sell it.

Besides with the remake sof the COD4 maps i think it will be good as they are EPIC MAPS! but you get to play with new toys on it.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Tharwen said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
I wonder how that compares to other popular games, like quake, counter strike, TF2, WoW and (I can't believe I am saying this) Farmville.
People don't play farmville for very long. It's designed so that you run out of things to do every 20 minutes or so and have to come back in an hour.
Yes, but 35,000,000 people play it every single day. Do the math. ;)

As far as total logged game time, I'd bet that WoW is probably the champion. Five years now of devouring souls, is it?

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Viptorian said:
First, how does the company not deserve it? They made a game that has seen 200,000 years of game play. You may not like the game, but I'm sorry, they've earned it.

As for why they don't release a map editor - you said it yourself - they made $37.5M in a week by not doing that. Being 'nice' and giving away free product doesn't usually equate to great business results, Valve not withstanding.
*blink, blink* Did I just read that right? Another person who doesn't see something wrong with a company charging money for a product they made in order to make money?

Apr 28, 2008
You know, after playing Halo 2 for the last time yesterday, I'm curious to see how much the total playtime of everyone ever is. I bet it would be absolutely sickening.

Viptorian

Mar 29, 2010
JEBWrench said:
Viptorian said:
First, how does the company not deserve it? They made a game that has seen 200,000 years of game play. You may not like the game, but I'm sorry, they've earned it.

As for why they don't release a map editor - you said it yourself - they made $37.5M in a week by not doing that. Being 'nice' and giving away free product doesn't usually equate to great business results, Valve not withstanding.
*blink, blink* Did I just read that right? Another person who doesn't see something wrong with a company charging money for a product they made in order to make money?
Scary, ain't it?