Modern Warfare 2 Players Log 200,000 Gameplay Years

avant132

Apr 9, 2010
Quoting myself on the last page because I guess nobody saw it, even though half the posts on here are asking for it:

avant132 said:
Pretty impressive for a game thats only been out for a short while, but I saw a video a couple weeks ago and the total play time for wow (for all of you asking) is roughly 6 million years. Gameplay defiantly adds up

And the video if anyone cares: http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/jane_mcgonigal_gaming_can_make_a_better_world.html

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
ssgt splatter said:
SomeBritishDude said:
...Well fuck.

And I haven't contributed one.
Hey, Earthworm Jim. I haven't seen him since I was 6 years old. :D
I didn't either until a couple of months ago. I'm trying to complete it, which I never did as a kid. It's hard as fuck.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Random Bobcat said:
Joshimodo said:
Yes, I'm one of those people who have played MW2, realised the game is awful, and that the majority (and by majority I mean around 99.99%) of players are retards.
No, one of those people that put fixed when quoting in a pathetic attempt at wit.

The game isn't awful, its vanilla - and that's the reason its so popular. Same as WoW.
Next time I'll type out a full clone of your text with the correction then, if it makes you happy.

CMDR Zero C

Jan 12, 2009
They only thing that i find absurd is how people are saying that if everybody had been spending this time doing something else the world would be a better place. This is just XBox live, anyone who made that statement please think about the type of people you run into on LIVE. The vast majority are ASSHOLES, myself included given the right circumstances. "NOOB, FAG, puss ...,....,...," just half the stuff you will here in a 5min game of online play, and you want those people walking around on the street, or better you think they will be productive. I've spent 10 days of my time on that game. I'm not saying that they will act the same way online, but i'm sure you would see more crime if they didn't have something to keep them from going out and doing something stupid or worse, getting injured because they ran into someone not willing to put up with their mouth.

Snarky Username

Elite Member
Apr 4, 2010
So more years have been soaked into MW2 than years of known history... Another reason I have lost faith in humanity...

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
Foggy_Fishburne said:
It's really sad that all that money went to assholes who are just milking their fanbase without any love for the loyal and idiotic, if I may add, gamers. Paying for maps? Why not release the map editor and let us make our own, FREE, maps. All that money to a developer that doesn't deserve it... Sigh. Well they did make CoD 1, 2 and 4 so I suppose they deserve it a little. But MW2 multiplayer is an abomination. Can't believe people can't see through that
people like it.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it's unlikeable.

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
The last Harry Potter book sold 44 million copies, with the US copies at 750 pages each. If we assume each book sold was read twice (this accounts for rereads, sharing, resale, libraries, etc. and is probably low) at an average speed of 100 pages per hour (probably too fast, considering demographics), we find that people have "wasted" at least 60,000 years total reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Dang kids, should have spent time doing something useful, like practicing no-scopes and getting off my lawn! Yeah, you kids with your new-fangled 2-billion hour killstreaks, get off my lawn! Inmydaywespentallourtimedoingusefulthingsneverentertainingourselves

Whoops, sorry, kicked into rant mode. My point is that any form of entertainment probably has way too much time spent on it in any case, and MoW 2 just have a very good way to measure the total amount of time wasted on it.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
That's really strange because last i checked, Mew II was the worst game in existence. It is exactly the same as Mew (or most CODs) in terms of combat, and the story is shorter than a mole hair. i guess i understand since it is a shooter.

shooter + Russians + terrorists = best game ever made for Americans [:

Denizen

Jan 29, 2010
Not G. Ivingname said:
I wonder how that compares to other popular games, like quake, counter strike, TF2, WoW and (I can't believe I am saying this) Farmville.
It's funny to see counterstrike:source still appearing on the steam top sellers list every other day. Even more funny how many people still play it daily not to mention that the original is still bought and played religiously. This will mark the tenth year its out right?

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
ssgt splatter said:
SomeBritishDude said:
...Well fuck.

And I haven't contributed one.
Hey, Earthworm Jim. I haven't seen him since I was 6 years old. :D
I didn't either until a couple of months ago. I'm trying to complete it, which I never did as a kid. It's hard as fuck.
Yeah, no kidding. I never got past the underwater level.

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
When I read the title, I thought it was gonna be days, maybe weeks, or even months, but bloody Hell that's alot of hours.

Tellaris

Jun 16, 2007
While those numbers are quite high, I'd like to point out that the collective time spent playing MW2, likely a fair portion of that is kids/teenagers who got their hands on the game despite its rating, the ones that have way too much time on their hands to play MW2, and jack the stats up.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Wow thats mad. Kinda funny to think 3 of my housemates have contributed to that. And I have yet to even play the game let alone buy it.

llew

Sep 9, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
ToonLink said:
I have actually contributed to this, I bought the DLC on day one and I haven't looked back.
But these numbers do make me a bit uneasy about how long I play this..

Before anyone asks,

Barret .50 Cal
.44 Magnum

Marathon Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Commando Pro
RPD Silenced/Heartbeat
Striker Silencer/Grip

Bling Pro
Coldblooded Pro
Ninja Pro

OT:

Well, umm...that's a lot.
2 prime examples of nubcakes :) and i think i am going to be sick at that considering its a pretty crappy game (and im first prestige rank 61 with a 1.16 ratio including the amount of times i say fuck it and jump off the cliff on afghanistan)

llew

Sep 9, 2009
Random Bobcat said:
Joshimodo said:
Yes, I'm one of those people who have played MW2, realised the game is awful, and that the majority (and by majority I mean around 99.99%) of players are retards.
No, one of those people that put fixed when quoting in a pathetic attempt at wit.

The game isn't awful, its vanilla - and that's the reason its so popular. Same as WoW.
no its not vanilla its exactly the same as a retard: the reason everyone loves it is because its so shit