Modern Warfare 3 Breaks Every Sales Record Known to Man

AlphaEcho

Jun 16, 2010
You beat me to it.

If you talk a bunch of shit about Call of Duty, you are not unique, you are not contrarian, you are not individualistic, and you are not cool, no matter what your friends on your Shin Megami Tensei fanfiction board on FreeForums tell you. You are pure, polished lowest common denominator. You are the target audience of Repo!: The Genetic Opera.

...wow, that was scathing. I guess all the "Am I the only one who hates Call of Duty? threads polluting every forum everywhere ever are actually starting to irritate me a little bit. I'd best say something nice to achieve a sense of karmic balance.

Nier is very, very good. I really think you, the reader, should play it.
If you love CoD and hate the people who dislike it.

You are not cool, you are not amazing, you are not hardcore, you are not cool no matter what your friends in your 6th grade class in your middle school tells you. You are a pure, polished, lowest common denominator. You are a tool. You are the target audience of Repo!: The Genetic Opera.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
maninahat said:
Standard escapist mentality: "If only everyone who bought the game would admit they don't like it, everything will be better."

Basically, it doesn't matter if you thought the game was mediocre - that means nothing to the millions who like it. Stop preaching to the malcontent choir, you snobs.
I'd also like to add that people need to stop blaming Activision and the CoD development team, since they are evidently doing little more than providing people with something they, considering the sales numbers, fucking love.

Why does Activsion insist on releasing a new CoD title every year with little to no alterations made between it and one of its predecessors? Because people keep buying them. Why would they stop making them? That would be the most retarded business practice imaginable. If any hate is warranted, it should be directed at the people who buy the game. If people want to hate on a mass of faceless strangers (and, as has been evidenced time and time again, people love to hate on masses of faceless strangers), then they can go right ahead. But at least levy blame where blame is due.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Lord_Nether said:
Sneaky-Pie said:
"I don't like the game, therefore it must be bad."

Seriously everyone? Get off your elitist high-horse.

At least be happy that the medium of video games is having such a significant impact world-wide.
It's not that, it's how games like Skyrim and Battlefield actually improve with each new game, whereas all the CODs are pretty much reskins of the last (except COD4) with little improvement and maybe a few new perks.
Oblivion came out in 2006, and hadn't seen a sequel until after 5 years. By comparison, Call of Duty games are churned out annually, so massive technical and design developments are unlikely. But you'd be foolish to think that there hasn't been a change in the formula since 2006's Call of Duty 3. Call of Duty games do change, but the change is less obvious with the frequency of the games.

Vindictus

Apr 3, 2010
Uh, it doesn't matter if it out grossed avatar and titanic in 5 days. People don't pre-order movies or flock to see them the way they flock to buy games. Not a good comparison.

Anyway, Kotick can fall off a cliff. One of the most valuable entertainment properties in the world? Sure, I guess you can say what you want when you're sitting on a pile of money that big. Doesn't necessarily make it true.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Best COD you have ever made? We'll have to see about that. Pretty sure it's just going to be fanboy's being fanboy's, over hyping everything as usual. We already have a lot here telling everyone they can't have any negative views on it and questioning their oppositions intelligence, even if it is roughly the same game for the 13th time or whatever.

I'm just really hoping this doesn't encourage other publishers/developers to start milking.

OneOfTheMichael's

Jul 26, 2010
This is the only game I haven't bought this year and everyone else have! Since im out of money ill have to shovel neighbors sidewalks.

goldendriger

Dec 21, 2010
Yep more kids being born. More kids get to 8 and say "MOM I WANT CALL OF DURY!!!!" So she buys COD and he screams down his mic "MY MOM BUGHT THIS GAME! HAHAHAHAHAHA YOU ARE GAY ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ******" And this repeats year after year.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Good fucking GOD, people. You go on these threads and ***** about a title for some reason and then go onto those "stop hating cod" threads and wonder why there are so many people saying there's too much CoD hate.

Ok, we get it, it being praised makes the games you like look worse by comparison. But can't you just get over it already? I don't even like this series and you people are driving me to defend it.

Anyways, gratz to Kotick and all them. Good to see video games competing with other entertainment types. Maybe they'll get taken more seriously (as if that even matters).

cheesyman987

Mar 19, 2011
To answer the question "Why do you hate Call of Duty?", you have to have met the people I have. The Call of Duty fans that I know are loud, obnoxious, homophobic (not just on XBOX Live) douchebags that want to get paid to do schoolwork (I'm serious). With those kinds of people playing it, can you blame me for wanting nothing to do with it?

It's also important to take note that these guys do in fact call almost every other game they see "gay". Here's a list of games that are "gay" to them: Battlefield 3, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Skyrim, Shadow of the Colossus, Legend of Zelda (series), Mario (series), Ace Attorney (series), every game on the Nintendo 64 (except some of them seem to enjoy Goldeneye), Street Fighter (series), Uncharted (series), Assassin's Creed (series) and Team Fortress 2 (according to them, shooters shouldn't be that colourful).

So yeah, why do I hate Call of Duty? My answer: the fans. I would enjoy the game a hell of a lot more if it wasn't for its fanbase.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
looks like CoD did better because BF3 requires origin, and no one wants a spyware on there pc like me.
im still enjoying the MP of MW3. but im not a fan. i dint get my self every single CoD game. got my self black ops because i had a voucher card for the store and i had to buy still something because brotherhood was postponed again to a date when i move to a different country.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
So, I wonder how many of those MW3 players will scratch their heads and wonder why it plays so similarly to MW2 and MW1. :/

(Maybe it's because it's almost the exact same game and they didn't change much aside from weapons, killstreaks, and gametypes?)

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
Normally this would be expected, but with Skyrim being out, I'm wondering why all those people are busy playing a generic shooter when they could play a REAL game.

Kakashi on crack

Aug 5, 2009
What they forget to mention si that 50% of these people traded in MW3 within those first 5 days of buying it because it was a P.O.S.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Meh, I still like CoD. The first CoD I ever bought was Black Ops actually, and I quite enjoyed it. I haven't bought MW3 yet but might in a year or two. I find them fun, many people find them fun. Who are you to tell them what they can't do with their personal tastes and/or money?

WaffleCopters

Dec 13, 2009
they probably coulda made you pay 300 bucks for it and the cod fanboys still would buy it.

thats probably why it made the most money.

but in all honesty everything besides the multiplayer in MW3 is actually rather nice (i actually love the surivival mode a lot)

WaffleCopters

Dec 13, 2009
Kakashi on crack said:
What they forget to mention si that 50% of these people traded in MW3 within those first 5 days of buying it because it was a P.O.S.
yea but when that happens the game companies dont have to give the money back, its the dealers which do. so even in that case Hype>Quality still wins out.