Mojang Gets Silly With Minecraft Map Trailer

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
A bugfix release! Yay! This has been SO overdue it's not funny.

GrandmaFunk said:
something that's gone mostly unnoticed, surprisingly, is that this patch breaks the old-style boosters...and even with the new boosters getting a bigger speed boost, it'll still kill off a LOT of creativity from the rails community.
Yeah, but Notch had said it was coming for a very long time. Annoying, yes. A surprise? No.

GrandmaFunk

Oct 19, 2009
ya I knew it was coming, what surprises me is that it seems like they're sneaking it in when it's actually pretty huge for a lot of players.

it's mostly upsetting because the booster rails he's implemented as a replacement....are simply not comparable.

besides the obscene amount of gold required, they also work so poorly going uphill as to be non-functional(hopefully the speed boost will mitigate this but really it's matter of how much momentum is lost per unit of elevation, anywho..we'll see soon enough)

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
GrandmaFunk said:
besides the obscene amount of gold required, they also work so poorly going uphill as to be non-functional(hopefully the speed boost will mitigate this but really it's matter of how much momentum is lost per unit of elevation, anywho..we'll see soon enough)
Really? I admit I'm not much into rails but my twin helix track from bedrock to my sea-level storage area works quite well.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Aenir said:
Is it me, or did they (The Escapist) change the video from what it was an hour ago or so so that it cuts off half of it?
I could only see half of it too... (then a PubClub advert starts) I had to go on youtube to see the full thing.

flying mong

Jun 29, 2010
I have a horrible feeling that these bug fixes are going to
break a lot of the mods but a least this means the bug fixes
are done and he can get on with adding content. I mean ive been
getting updates every other day for some of my mods

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
From the bug list:

* Fixed pigs getting hit by lightning in multiplayer spawning client-side zombie pigmen
That sounds awesome, why would he fix that? I'd call it a feature and leave it in!

Russano_Greenstripe

Apr 10, 2011
Um, thanks to powered rails, you will be able to still make subways and roller coasters. Heck, I built a pretty bitchin' roller coaster without using boosters, just powered rails, and I enjoyed it.

So just because you now need to find a little gold and a pinch of redstone instead of half a truckload more iron doesn't mean that your dreams of a personal Six Flags are dead.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
The map is a small thing, I am more excited about hatches and tall grass. Finally I can build that bunker properly now and rule the world! Mwahahahahaha!
The biggest part of 1.6 is the bug fixes. Anybody that has had to troubleshoot even a program in Basic knows the chore that can be. With that out of the way now, I'm betting Notch is gonna give us some sweet swag in 1.7. I look forward to the pigmen villages. Would be nice to have more than just sheep and cows to talk to.
In my world.
Because there is nobody else worth talking to.
Stop looking at me like that.
Aenir said:
Is it me, or did they (The Escapist) change the video from what it was an hour ago or so so that it cuts off half of it?
It's not just you. Hope that gets fixed.
RandV80 said:
From the bug list:

* Fixed pigs getting hit by lightning in multiplayer spawning client-side zombie pigmen
That sounds awesome, why would he fix that? I'd call it a feature and leave it in!
Might mean he is fixing it so it isn't just client-side so everyone else can see it.

-I fully expect SMP players to be sharing their exploits in the nether within the week. Make it so!

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Russano_Greenstripe said:
Um, thanks to powered rails, you will be able to still make subways and roller coasters. Heck, I built a pretty bitchin' roller coaster without using boosters, just powered rails, and I enjoyed it.

So just because you now need to find a little gold and a pinch of redstone instead of half a truckload more iron doesn't mean that your dreams of a personal Six Flags are dead.
You are a little behind there, powered rails came out with 1.5. Booster(as in the original way to power minecarts) tracks have actually been enhanced with this update, making rollercoasters all the more exciting.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
*Looks at the changelog*

nnnnoooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

They've finally fixed the minecart boosting method of colliding them with other carts. HOW WILL I MAINTAIN MY MINING OPERATION?! I can't nearly produce enough legitimate boosters to work in my current system. ;_:

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
I craped my pants when he yelled "Wiiilllllllsoooooooooooon". Can't wait for this update, it will be soooo cool.

Fusionxl

Oct 25, 2009
Well, as I already use Zan's Mod that basically gives me a minimap, I'm honestly not that excited :)

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Worked a bit on my railway system today. Turns out I produced about 3 times as many Powered Rails as I needed, due to a... um... slight miscalculation. This update makes me feel less silly about not learning how to do Minecart Boosting, and at least I'm set for a while as far as Powered Rails go.

Nether, maps, hatches, tall grass and spreading mushrooms are all very welcome additions. I should start a mushroom farm.

Angel Molina

Mar 23, 2011
SirBryghtside said:
greenflash said:
Is it strange that i am more exited about the tall grass then the maps?
Agreed, where did that come from? :D
I read the list on his blog and apparently he is adding hatches as well... what ever that does?
"Pics or no proof!" [http://notch.tumblr.com/post/5775170768/the-changelist-for-1-6]

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
awesome, although it wouldnt add too much to the game, the bug fixes are amazing though.

Deathfish15 said:
"WIIIIIIILLLLLLSOOOONN!"

-"My name is Voit, dumbass."
Family Guy reference :) *fist bump*

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
LaughingAtlas said:
*dons top hat and monocle*
Bah, I laugh at your maps! You know why? I build monuments visibile from a thousand cubits (well, not that far, it only renders so much at once, of course) away! Yes, constructing tall things and remembering where they are in relation to one another is truly superior to looking at a piece of paper that tells you where everything is! Obviously this doesn't work underground.
Thats what Im doing/started doing before they announced maps and I plan on finishing it!