Mojang Gets Silly With Minecraft Map Trailer

Angel Molina

Mar 23, 2011
Jabberwock xeno said:
Damnit, he didn't fix double doors not protecting you from mobs...
And that's another thing! Whenever you place a double door and connect them to a source of power, one door stays open while the other stays closed. And then they switch whenever you have them on or off so you will ALWAYS have one door open... open to all those homicidal walking-bush monsters... just waiting outside... ssSsssSsss 0_0

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
Looks good! ALso,

Posts....
Grats! Also, I love your avatar.

Well I quite liked the video, that's about all I have to say about this. =/

draythefingerless

Jul 10, 2010
XT inc said:
I'm going to have to drop a resounding Meh on this development, of all the fun cool stuff modders are doing for this game the official release is a Map.

I know there are a lot of bug fixes, but when so much should be added to flesh out the game world and multiplayer, shouldn't that stuff all get done first so they can work on the bugs they cause?
Oh my friend. thats one of the worst things you can do. When someone develops a game, they dedicate 50% of their time just fixing stuff. I am not exagerating. At all.

What you see in patches and fixes that they launch after the release is a FRACTION of what was done in development. Rule of thumb: Always debug every few steps. Saves you a lot of trouble. And makes people more happy.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
Angel Molina said:
Jabberwock xeno said:
And that's another thing! Whenever you place a double door and connect them to a source of power, one door stays open while the other stays closed. And then they switch whenever you have them on or off so you will ALWAYS have one door open... open to all those homicidal walking-bush monsters... just waiting outside... ssSsssSsss 0_0
No, I eant that if you have double doors, and go to sleep in the bed, it will treat it as there being only 1 door there, not two, so mobs can get in, and intrrupt your sleep.

Angel Molina

Mar 23, 2011
Jabberwock xeno said:
No, I learned that if you have double doors, and go to sleep in the bed, it will treat it as there being only 1 door there, not two, so mobs can get in, and interrupt your sleep.
I... did not know that.... Wow, the more you know i guess? Well, hopefully he'll fix that too.

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
I'm actually just waiting for the mods to be appropriately integrated to Maincraft without breaking with each update and for the piston mod. Other than that I don't feel like it needs that much.

MajorDolphin

Apr 26, 2011
I seriously could use a bloody map once in a while. I for one like this. The tall grass is also cool. Bug fixes, cool.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
While you won't be able to see anything underground, if you're building a tunnel, it's pretty handy for knowing exactly when to take the left turn at Albuquerque.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
needs to get to work on rewriting the server in c++, so you dont need a liquid helium cooled cray on top of an oc3 bundle to host a multiplayer server with more than 5 people

Niccolo

Dec 15, 2007
Angel Molina said:
Jabberwock xeno said:
Za. It took me a bit of digging and wiring, but I managed to wire it up so that this didn't happen. 'S how I learned the circuits.

I am very glad about one bugfix: Passive mobs spawning ONLY at light. It'd get to night-time and I'd be busy building my lair-that-will-be-within-an-island-mountain (Yes, very Bond-villain-esque) and I'd turn around and half a fucking farm is suddenly inside my living room.

Photocopier

Mar 1, 2011
Angel Molina said:
Jabberwock xeno said:
All that takes is a little bit of redstone to fix.

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
Not to be a (sortof) buzz kill, but we over at Escapecraft have had a fully functional Nether for....well, ages. Just some multi-world plungin magic and boom. Heck, we even have a sky dimension (Sort of).

Preacher zer0

Jun 13, 2010
Areani said:
Awesome. And now that all those bugs are fixed I hope we'll get to see a lot more new content in 1.7. Pistons need to be official!
Yes, I was hoping to see pistons in 1.6 but I guess not. :(
Still, it's better in the long run to tackle bugs now, I hope he fixes the beds.

GrandmaFunk

Oct 19, 2009
samsonguy920 said:
You are a little behind there, powered rails came out with 1.5. Booster(as in the original way to power minecarts) tracks have actually been enhanced with this update, making rollercoasters all the more exciting.
actually it's the other way around, 1.6 fixes the "bug" that allowed for the old boosters to work, moving forward it'll be powered rails only, though they are getting a speed bump.

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
coldfrog said:
XT inc said:
I'm going to have to drop a resounding Meh on this development, of all the fun cool stuff modders are doing for this game the official release is a Map.

I know there are a lot of bug fixes, but when so much should be added to flesh out the game world and multiplayer, shouldn't that stuff all get done first so they can work on the bugs they cause?
Having debugged plenty of code in my time, I'm going to say no. Before I add any new features, I want to get all I can about the old code polished up so I never ever have to look at it again. Leaving bugs for the end is the procrastinator's method, and as a procrastinator who's done so before, it REALLY sucks to build up a mile long list of bugs and realize it's going to take about as much time to search through what you've got as it did to write the initial code.
Don't forget about how, in the process of fixing the bugs, you'll create more bugs because you're now changing the way your code works AFTER a massive amount of code has been built on top of it. Assuming, of course, that fixing the bug properly doesn't require actually redesigning anything and having to rewrite parts of that code anyway.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
I'm glad a map is coming, but what about underground navigation? Will the map work when you get lost in your own mines? (It's happened to me more times than i care to mention)

Also, hurry up and include trap doors. I can't be the only one who wants to create a pit full of creepers and a switch to surprise some poor fool by stepping onto it and over a trap door leading to said pit, or perhaps create a cactus-based spikey hole for mobs outside my home with the same trap door idea.

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
RandV80 said:
From the bug list:

* Fixed pigs getting hit by lightning in multiplayer spawning client-side zombie pigmen
That sounds awesome, why would he fix that? I'd call it a feature and leave it in!
The pigman is a feature, the client-side part is the issue. The client should see the same stuff as everybody else on the server.