Mojang Making Official Minecraft Legos

Da pyro man 999

Aug 24, 2009
Well, when i get them for my nephew for Christmas, at least I'll have a representation of something i really like sticking painfully out of my heel

Virmire

Sep 25, 2011
This strikes me as being like a Call of Duty and Battlefield crossover. Pretty well the same thing.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Life imitating art imitating life... Yeah, stop the world, I think this is my stop.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
You know, I can't help but feel like Mojang is sort of... Cashing out... Out this point.

I mean, Minecraft is awesome and all, but... Lego? Really? On top of all the other stuff... Xbox/iOS ports, merchandise, a whole freakin' convention... It's starting to feel like Mojang are exploiting they're fan base. Heck, they even 'released Minecraft, increasing its price, when some of the most prominent bugs in the game haven't even been ironed out yet. (eg. The mob spawning while you sleep bug)

Cgull

Behind You
Oct 31, 2009
robert01 said:
Wait I minute. This would all fall under the premise that Minecraft isn't essentially virtual Lego. Hm. Well than.
Cgull said:
More Lego into the world? Well that's a good thing regardless, even with the baffling minecraft link.

Incidentally, and out of interest, is it only here in the UK where 'Lego' is used as both the singular and the plural? Reading (or even worse, hearing) 'Legos' is something I can never get used to.
I am known to use Lego as plural.
You're a man of fine taste and sophistication my friend, I doff my hat and welcome you into the fold as a fellow 'Lego' pluraliser (yep, made a word to describe you, that's how awesome you are).

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Simalacrum said:
You know, I can't help but feel like Mojang is sort of... Cashing out... Out this point.

I mean, Minecraft is awesome and all, but... Lego? Really? On top of all the other stuff... Xbox/iOS ports, merchandise, a whole freakin' convention... It starting to feel like Mojang are exploiting they're fan base. Heck, they even 'released Minecraft, increasing its price, when some of the most prominent bugs in the game haven't even been ironed out yet. (eg. The mob spawning while you sleep bug)
Yes, god forbid he makes money on his creation!
And damn him for releasing on other platforms, has he no shame?

No one is forcing you to buy these things you know.
I for one love my Minecraft T-shirt!

OT:
I think this is pretty cool, and I'll pick some up if they ever get released.

LEGO Minecraft game?
Intriguing.

darthricardo

May 7, 2010
Yo dawg, I heard you like Lego, so we turned your computer Lego into real Lego so you can build stuff you built.
In all honesty though, I'm actually kind of excited about this. This is the kind of bare-bones Lego set I'd really want to buy.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Lego's reaction to this: We can make billions just by taking our basic earth-tone blocks and just repackaging them without even having to relabel them?

We're in.

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Simalacrum said:

I mean, Minecraft is awesome and all, but... Lego? Really? On top of all the other stuff... Xbox/iOS ports, merchandise, a whole freakin' convention... It's starting to feel like Mojang are exploiting they're fan base. Heck, they even 'released Minecraft, increasing its price, when some of the most prominent bugs in the game haven't even been ironed out yet. (eg. The mob spawning while you sleep bug)
"Mojang has also promised any royalties it makes from the project to charity."

redmoretrout

Oct 27, 2011
Ummm how is that at all different from regular legos? That gives me an idea, Lego themed Legos! We'll make millions!

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
The only difference between regular lego and this lego, in my perspective, is greater variety and making it easier to create landscapes. Which I approve of. I'm sure many stop-motion animators will find these handy when making sets.

Sordin

Aug 5, 2011
Mojang (the creator of minecraft)+ LEGO (the creator of bionicle)=PPPPPPPPPPProfit. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Yomandude

Dec 9, 2010
CTRL+F "autism"
0 results found
I'm proud of you, Escapist.
Also, I don't get this at all. I thought Minecraft was invented to just be Legos on a more grand scale. It's better, though, because of things like redstone, and the ability to create music, and all those other kooky gadgets. The idea of mixing Minecraft and Legos just seems sorta nonsensical to me.