Oh god, someone call Di Caprio...
WE HAVE TO GO DEEPER!
Lego Minecraft - The Videogame - THE LEGO - THE VIDEO GAME 2

OT: Fun, paradoxes.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
-Dragmire- said:
Next up on the to-do list - Lego Minecraft - The Videogame
I find it funny that it might actually happen, it would buy simply because of how ridiculous the idea is.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Virmire said:
This strikes me as being like a Call of Duty and Battlefield crossover. Pretty well the same thing.
Wait, what. Theres a crossover?!

OT: there can never be enough lego.
NEVER

Sort of on topic my brother got a lego harrypotter encyclopedia (I thought it was an odd subject for an encyclopedia too but eh) I almost drowned in nostalgia, which is hard to do when your 15

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
Well, this might just get me playing with Lego again...What do you think M. Bison?
Of course you do.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
-Dragmire- said:
And then the world implodes.

Simalacrum said:
You know, I can't help but feel like Mojang is sort of... Cashing out... Out this point.

I mean, Minecraft is awesome and all, but... Lego? Really? On top of all the other stuff... Xbox/iOS ports, merchandise, a whole freakin' convention... It's starting to feel like Mojang are exploiting they're fan base. Heck, they even 'released Minecraft, increasing its price, when some of the most prominent bugs in the game haven't even been ironed out yet. (eg. The mob spawning while you sleep bug)
Hey, you know what's fun? Reading the entire article and not just the headline.

Mike Kayatta said:
The collaboration stems from community support on Lego's Cuusoo website, which encourages fans to suggest ideas for new block sets or show their support for ones currently being considered. Needless to say, the Minecraft set found massive support as soon as it was posted.

Mojang has also promised any royalties it makes from the project to charity.
Those dirty exploitative bastards! How dare they work with LEGO to create a product that their fans want to see created and then give all the royalties to charity?!

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
boag said:
-Dragmire- said:
I find it funny that it might actually happen, it would buy simply because of how ridiculous the idea is.
It'll be for every console under the sun including the 3DS for all your 3D viewing pleasure!

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I'm at a crossroad. I want to say that this is awesome. But I also want to put in a "yo dawg. we heard you liked Lego and Minecraft, so we put Minecraft in your Lego, and Lego in your Minecraft..." joke in, but the amount of recursion that is going on is causing me to get stuck in an infinite loop.

Isn't this just Normal Lego Bricks arranged into a few trees and some hills? Wasn't the joy of Minecraft that you had a world full of infinite of the same size brick, and could root around in the pits to find different colors and pieces? But this just takes it...to the same level, from the other direction. It's like they went backwards around the world, to end up where they started, but turned slightly, so they're seeing it as a different place. These will just be Lego Themed Lego, really...I think I need to go lie down. This is making me happy, but giving me a headache. Oy...

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
None of you have realized what this truly means:

In order to bring my fortress of doom to life, the set needs to have a floating island and flowing lava! They finally have the technology!

Also I want a tree that's on fire.

With a pig sheep and chicken that all caught on fire too...

EDIT: None of you except for you, newwiseman... you beat me to it, and I'm on to your game.

trophykiller

Jul 23, 2010
So does this mean if I take the block out from underneath another block, it will... Screw you physics! I will be a god with these! Gravity no longer applies!

Ahem, on an unrelated note, these will be awesome. I'll buy them.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
So, everyone's heard of that whole thing where a guy in Minecraft made a full-scale replica of Middle-Earth with the engine, right?

I wonder if someone's insane enough to try to do the same with Lego Minecraft.

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
I can't wait to see the youtube videos of sprawling biomes of legos... being blow the F up with green cherry bombs.