Mojang Making Official Minecraft Legos

Nuclear_Suspect

Jun 1, 2010
Minecraft Lego has encounterred an unexpected crash:

Ran out of reality
So now we can tell the children: "Back in my day, we didnt have Minecraft Lego... we were forced to do it all digitally"

Also, I REALLY wouldnt be suprised by "MineCraft Lego - The Game" as the others said.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
I haven't bought a lego set in over 11 years.

If minecraft actually released lego sets I will buy every last one of them.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
BehattedWanderer said:
Isn't this just Normal Lego Bricks arranged into a few trees and some hills?
Sounds like it. And maybe some minifigs of the blocky mobs. It's one of those things that sounds obvious until you think about it for all of two seconds... or, for those incapable of thinking, just see the photo right there on the page of what something like this might look like.

And Lego bricks aren't even perfect cubes like Minecraft blocks, so they couldn't even make a set of snap-together building blocks an accurate representation of a world built out of snap-together building blocks!

Oh, and to anyone who thinks Notch charging $25-ish for the real game was "gouging"... has anyone seen how expensive Lego sets are these days?

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Steve the Pocket said:
BehattedWanderer said:
Isn't this just Normal Lego Bricks arranged into a few trees and some hills?
Sounds like it. And maybe some minifigs of the blocky mobs. It's one of those things that sounds obvious until you think about it for all of two seconds... or, for those incapable of thinking, just see the photo right there on the page of what something like this might look like.

And Lego bricks aren't even perfect cubes like Minecraft blocks, so they couldn't even make a set of snap-together building blocks an accurate representation of a world built out of snap-together building blocks!

Oh, and to anyone who thinks Notch charging $25-ish for the real game was "gouging"... has anyone seen how expensive Lego sets are these days?
Do the standard 2x2 Bricks not count, anymore? That's about as cube as you can get a Lego. Looking at the image, everything there is just standard bricks. 2x2's, 2x4's, and 2x6's. This is buying a grab bag of natural toned bricks, with maybe a minifig thrown in.

Next you'll tell me the picks have to be replaced after x uses...

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
You just so know someone will buy a shit ton, and make his entire room a "Lego mincraft world" cause lets face it, 1 little lego character walking from one side of a room to another is pretty much the same as on the computer in terms of distance xD

Still it sounds cool, can't wait for this to hit the shelves... (not that i will buy it or anything >.>)

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
Would buy just for the novelty. Mojang say the proceeds would go to a worthy cause, why not?
Cgull said:
Incidentally, and out of interest, is it only here in the UK where 'Lego' is used as both the singular and the plural? Reading (or even worse, hearing) 'Legos' is something I can never get used to.
Nah, everyone in Europe just calls is Lego. Considering it's a Danish invention, it's just one more example of America taking a word everyone else is happy with and making it different for no real reason.
Maybe the concept of a country where they don't pluralise every word just by adding an s on the end terrifies them.
Jiefu said:
Swedes working with Danes? Never!
Last time that happened, Europe was ravaged by Vikings. I personally can't wait.

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
SL33TBL1ND said:
Mike Kayatta said:
Legos is not a word. It's like how sheeps isn't a word.
I apologize for using "legos" as a common colloquialism for "lego blocks" and the obvious confusion it caused you and everyone else on this site. In recompense, I've already hatched a long-term plan to improve. I'll start with some night classes for creative writing at a local community college, then move on to a four-year institution if I'm really feeling confident afterward. Then, maybe then, I'll finally be able to write in a way that communicates my ideas effectively. Thank you for being bold enough to help set my neophytic foot upon the first stone of a long path toward excellence in authorship, and yes, though it was highly confusing, I did, indeed, mean more than one Lego brick when I wrote "Legos." I'll do my best to adopt a more formal approach when writing about videogame to plastic toy conversions in the future.

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
Mike Kayatta said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
Mike Kayatta said:
I apologize for using "legos" as a common colloquialism for "lego blocks" and the obvious confusion it caused you and everyone else on this site. In recompense, I've already hatched a long-term plan to improve. I'll start with some night classes for creative writing at a local community college, then move on to a four-year institution if I'm really feeling confident afterward. Then, maybe then, I'll finally be able to write in a way that communicates my ideas effectively. Thank you for being bold enough to help set my neophytic foot upon the first stone of a long path toward excellence in authorship, and yes, though it was highly confusing, I did, indeed, mean more than one Lego brick when I wrote "Legos." I'll do my best to adopt a more formal approach when writing about videogame to plastic toy conversions in the future.
Bravo, sir. Lego Bricks

That was hard.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Mike Kayatta said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
Mike Kayatta said:
Bahaha! Well played, I enjoyed that.