Molyneux Calls Fable 2 Messy and Rushed

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
Any bets he'll give the same excuse for Fable 3 when they announce they're making Fable 4?

Ziggy the wolf

May 26, 2009
only flaw i saw in the game was lack of customization in the character and the ending was so fucking anti-climactic i had a negative orgasm

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Well, that sucks about the loading times, but hey, at least the guy loves his work, and resonates fairly well with the actual gaming part of the game.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
I totally get why Molyneaux gets so much hate. One truly has to wonder if the game he is talking about as his upcoming project, is even a game that hes ever seen. He is the unmitigated hype monster. Regretfully I will go ahead and assume this will be the case with F3.

So I get why Molyneaux gets such hatred, but what I dont get is why Fable as a series gets bashed as much as it does. Seriously, it truly was one of the best RPG franchises to come out last decade. It has a depth of play that can involve you for a very long time. The stories arent phenominal, and fable 2's story was borderline decent. A game is a collection of elements, Gameplay, controls, camera angles, story, complexity, replay value, ambiance, ect.

I cant help but to think that a lot of the people who utterly dislike fable tend to do so because the game turns out not as molyneaux described it would be. Molyneaux is much like George Lucas in he is his products own worst enemy, but honestly, even if the game doesnt live up to its hype, in perspective its easily separate but equal to its closest competition in the elder scrolls series.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
That's what I kept saying!
(or rather that's what we all kept saying)

As long as that stupid leaning forward when you stop walking thing is fixed I'll happily throw money at the latest instalment.

Oh and maybe the stupid glitch that prevents your children from doing anything for the first four hours of their childhood... That Molyneux is why I only touched 60% of the games content.

From what I've seen of footage, Fable 3 is shaping up to be 'Fable 2: a little bit more'.
But to be fair, I think Fable 2 was a fairly decent game, like Molyneux said it's a bit rushed and crappy in places but I liked it, still play it sometimes.

And besides what's wrong with adding a bit more? People generally fork out for DLC which is just a little bit more, they buy expansions which is just a little bit more.

Lionhead already pulled this stunt with Lost Chapters and I thought about that what I think about Fable 3, it was Lionhead, admittedly cashing in on the fact that they just added the bits that the deadline cut off but it was still content I now couldn't imagine playing the game without.

I just hope that Lionhead don't screw themselves with their own deadline again, it seems to be the constant downfall for the Fable series...

imaloony

Nov 19, 2009
He's actually being honest, which is good.

I didn't much care for the female characters. The NPCs were ugly as hell, and the PCs were fine for a while, but when you almost HAD to put points into their strength, they got all bulky and shit. I wish you could modify their strength without making them built like the Hulk.

Apr 28, 2008
The only problem I had with Fable 2 was the poor excuse for a "story" it had.

It felt like one huge "fuck you" to the player.

Everything else was awesome. The side quests were, fun, funny, interesting, and varied. The world was large and interesting, it was full of dark humor.

Yeah, it was fun. Except for the "story".

Apr 28, 2008
Charcharo said:
Wait MORE THAN ANY GAME MICROSOFT HAS EVER SEEN!@?@#?#
What about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (post patch) Fallout 3 and MW2???
And Oblivion. Holy shit Oblivion...

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
I love how developers admit that their games are bad only after every one has bought it. Don't give respect to some one who has successfully BS'ed you. Give respect to the person that says "Wow, this game sucks. Alright boys wipe the drives, we are starting from scratch again.", who then makes a better game from the ashes of the old one.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
I like Molyneaux. He's so enthusiastic. And he's a damn sight more interesting than most of the folks in the games industry are.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
I love Pete.
You know, every guy wants to sell you his game, but only Pete, it seems, gets genuinely excited about his games. He always pushes himself, pushes the medium, and tries new things. He's not always successful, sure, but it's not for lack of trying. And I'd rather the industry try things then get stuck in ruts. That's Pete.
I love that guy.

Tarakos

May 21, 2009
That makes sense about how they rushed at the latter stages. The game's beginning was stellar, and things just went downhill from there. And while I'm happy to hear that female PCs will actually still look like females after leveling up, I'm not too happy with that bit about loading times. When I saw the Sanctuary, I just knew that it would cause loading problems. I just hope Fable 3 is good.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, thats alot...at least he is admitting that it was NO WEHRE NEAR where it should have been...

Well, Im hoping for 3, but...I take it with some salt.

Sebenko said:
I like Molyneaux. He's so enthusiastic. And he's a damn sight more interesting than most of the folks in the games industry are.
That I do agree with! I had pleasure of meeting him in person one...and, he is just as ecentric irl as he is in the media.

Funny too!