Molyneux Calls Fable 2 Messy and Rushed

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
Radeonx said:
That's good news for me, because I absolutely loved Fable 2, so hopefully, Fable 3 will improve on many of the points.
even that last boss battle...i mean...cut scene...i mean...where you can kill the bad guy...or someone else can.. -_- i liked the game...but it had so much fail i couldnt say it was great

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
Hmmm..... Peter apologizing/acknowledging for a game's problems. Haven't we seen this before?

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
I really hope that they bring back the glory of fable 1 with this new instalment.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Well, I have to admit that Fable 2 had it's issues. While I enjoyed it a lot, it was the only game that really made me install it on the HDD because of the horrible loading times (try to gain as much attention as possible in the middle square of Bowerstone while the game is loading directly from the disc and then try to access the menu as many times as you like... good luck with that and yes, that noise is actually coming from your Xbox and yes, it's the only game that's making your Xbox louder).

frans909

Aug 10, 2008
GamesB2 said:
I'm glad he acknowledges them... he just sets the bar too high.

Give him the most powerful computer to date and he'll probably create a new earth.
With 6 billion bugs.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Step 1: Molyneux announces game and then excessively hypes it
Step 2: Molyneux gets to the point of lying through his teeth in order to hype upcoming game
Step 3: Molyneux releases game, tells us it's the most amazing experience gamers will ever have
Step 4: Molyneux admits that the game fell short in many places but he's heard the fans' criticism and his next perfect game will fix these.

Repeat :)

Autofaux

Aug 31, 2009
Why isn't he using the 360's external (now internal) hard drive? Surely that could help stem the tide of loading?

blippity

Apr 30, 2009
Well I don't care if he makes mistakes, I give him credit for being enthusiastic and getting people involved. Sure Fable 2 wasn't that good: I enjoyed it, but playing it through twice/three times does make the game too boring.

I hope he looks at making this game hard. Fable 2 was too easy. Can we have some difficulty settings at least?

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
The thing is we all know in about a year when he is hyping Fable 4 that he will say the same about Fable 3.

He is the biggest bullshitter in the whole games industry it's developers like him and oblivion who claim "Radiant A.I" etc that are ruining it for non overhyped devs

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
So the uniquely realistic female models of Fable 2 were actually the fault of a shoddy artist?

Can't wait to see all the stereotypically slutty supermodels in Fable 3...

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Say what you will about the guy, but he really does care about the game series.

mrwoo112

Jul 15, 2010
well hes telling us the truth at least. This is the first time ive seen a dev come out and tell us of a problem we will all hate BEFORE the game comes out.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
I liked Fable 2, but he's right, the women on it weren't that inspiring at-all, hoping that this time they won't ALL wear hats :-|

misfit119

Dec 24, 2008
Didn't he do this "Fable didn't meet my standards but Fable 2 totally will try" speech the when the last game is coming out? Seriously, I don't buy his crap one bit. You run your mouth talking about what you want to put in the game to the gaming media all over the place and then act surprised when some of it (most of it) doesn't make it in and then act like it's shocking. I wonder how he feels about the story? Was that half-arsed piece of crud what he intended? The co-op? The stupid dog that certainly wasn't unique to each player? Gimme a break.