Molyneux Unconcerned About Milo Abuse

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
cobrausn said:
Sparrow Tag said:
Football? I don't care if Keane calls it soccer. I call it football. Stop bothering me, mod. Don't you have co-workers to do that to? Go eat some fatty products and leave me alone.

Don't blame me, blame the English inside me. It's a immediate response!
Don't you have some spotted dick to eat? :)
This first thing I thought when I looked at this was "I made a grammar mistake".

And no. I'll have you know it's a doughnut. Very American :p

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
" I hope you agree, this is a landmark in computer entertainment"- I agree, but while it is an important landmark it's not the kind of game I'd like to buy. Infact, I think the only people who buy it will be doing so to test the technolagy.

ygetoff

Oct 22, 2008
Alone Disciple said:
The first thing came to mind when I saw Milo was that it has real potential as a therapy tool for people, most likely children that suffered traumatic events or have learning disabilities.

There are many studies done that show reading scores improve as well as behavior when a troubled youth or child witha diabilty is placed with a service dog.

Enter virtual Milo, or Mila (female version). Therapy services can tailor a virtual therapist to help those that suffer out of their shell. You could customize for age, gender, race, etc and create a environment where someone who is naturally scared or timid into talking or trust.

I see Milo really working into family/children therapy offices.
Holy shit. That's a great idea. Did Molyneux ever think of that?

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Ranooth said:
Rule 34. That is all.
It was going to happen.
Peter Molyneux seems to live mostly in his own world. I don't know whether to mock him for it or commend him. I think I'll actually choose commend. But he's a fool if he thinks people won't abuse this.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
I have enough trouble having to deal with talking to REAL people without snivelling jumped up virtual kids that need to be drowned in their virtual lake.

If it had been a robot or a puppy that wasn't edible it would have been cooler.

EDIT: Just saw the goggles thingy....I am beginning to think that "Claire" has rehersed this "Interactive Experience" in some comfy studio

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
Vanguard_Ex said:
Ranooth said:
Rule 34. That is all.
It was going to happen.
Peter Molyneux seems to live mostly in his own world. I don't know whether to mock him for it or commend him. I think I'll actually choose commend. But he's a fool if he thinks people won't abuse this.
I think it's not really him being in his little world, and it's really him not immersing himself in the internet.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
This Youtube Comment sums up my feelings overall:

I wonder how Milo will react when I show him my penis.

"Hey Milo, take a look at this!"

"Wow, that's great! Can I touch it?"

*Scans penis on natal*

"You know, you can put that in your mouth if you want, and if you suck hard enough, magical cream will be your reward!"

"sounds good!"

This truly is the future of pedophile gaming!

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
Svenparty said:

*Scans penis on natal*

"You know, you can put that in your mouth if you want, and if you suck hard enough, magical cream will be your reward!"

"sounds good!"

This truly is the future of pedophile gaming!
..........marry me?

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
mike1921 said:
.marry me?
Okay but first I'm waiting until Peter Molyneux releases this game so Milo can ask his father to drive us to the virtual chapel.

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
I look like milo to a disconcerting degree.
Of course Molyneux was not concerned about inappropriate relationships with milo, same way he wasn't afraid of Yahtzee's response to Fable II.

I hate Molyneux and I don't know why. I want to cause Milo to be emo.
Just cause it'd be hilarious

PhoenixFlame

Dec 6, 2007
That's odd - I really thought this was just a tech demo and not an actual game. One would hope that it will launch as more than that, but I really don't know.

Molyneux could have something good with this if he decides to take the Fable franchise and apply it here - imagine if you were the character and you did the interactions with all the NPCs who had Milo's ability to recognize and understand you? That might be interesting.

But it's only interesting if you allow players the relative freedom to do what they want, which means allowing for the guy who likes to take away pool ladders and build wooden fences around their Sims while cackling gleefully to take hold of Milo to do the same things. Does this speak to a dark side of human interaction and contact with no consequences? Sure - but otherwise I question the true realism with which Milo can communicate with people.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
mike1921 said:
Svenparty said:
mike1921 said:
.marry me?
Okay but first I'm waiting until Peter Molyneux releases this game so Milo can ask his father to drive us to the virtual chapel.
Miilo's father? You mean his programmer?

I doubt Lionhead will have time to drive us since they are probably creating cures for cancer by their technological claims.

I guess his Virtual Father will take us...unless he's homophobic

ReverseEngineered

Raving Lunatic
Apr 30, 2008
Of course, Milo isn't a true AI; he's just a big box of dialog options that responds to tokens in speak, movements, etc. He'll do whatever he was programmed to do; nothing beyond that.

Sure, Molyneux isn't worried about anything "inappropriate", because they didn't give him animations for slitting his wrists or sucking a cock (though, can you give him a lollipop to suck on?). The ESRB isn't going to blame him for anything. Of course, that doesn't preclude him from doing things that are inappropriate in context, and people WILL blame him for that when it happens.

Svenparty said:
*Scans penis on natal*
"sounds good!"
These are exactly the kind of inappropriate behaviors that should be possible. It's even better when he repeats part of what you said (Eliza-style). Obviously, he doesn't really understand what you are saying, so you can trick him into responding how you want. How does he know the difference between a lollipop and a penis? Sure, they may have programmed him with a blacklist of words that are "naughty" and have him respond appropriately, but what happens when I make up a word? "Milo, how do you like my bangsnacker?" "That's cool! I wish I had one of those." Their is no way they could have anticipated that word or its meaning, or any other random word I make up. If they really went overboard and allowed him to "learn" words by asking about it, you could teach him that it means whatever you want. It's all about context, and until true AI is discovered (it it's even possible), context will never be understood.

Even further counter to his promises, hackers always find a way to work around the system. Even in everyday life, we do things which we think are harmless, but taken the wrong way, are inappropriate. It's only a matter of time before somebody finds a way to make him say something silly.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
ReverseEngineered said:
? "Milo, how do you like my bangsnacker?" "That's cool! I wish

This Basically Sums up My Epic Respect for your Posting

Cannot wait until I corrupt Milo in so many ways that I get restraining orders put out.

Milo needs to see my Ham Wallet(Pigskin Wallet)

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
Svenparty said:
mike1921 said:
Svenparty said:
mike1921 said:
.marry me?

I doubt Lionhead will have time to drive us since they are probably creating cures for cancer by their technological claims.

If he is I'm chopping off his nutsack.[

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
mike1921 said:
Svenparty said:
mike1921 said:
Svenparty said:
mike1921 said:
.marry me?

If he is I'm chopping off his nutsack.[
See Molyneux is right...We haven't even played Milo yet and we are developing a friendship with him already.