Monsters, Magic and Marilyn Manson?

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Anachronism said:
Dear God. What in the hell was that? This is the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate? Imagine if BG2 had been like that!

Irenicus: You will suffer! You will all suffer!
Protagonist: Suffer? THIS! IS! ATHKATLA!
Pretty much. This trailer made me sad in the pants.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Dont know what everyone is talking about.
It had sex, violence and epic battles.
Sounds like everything I could ever need in a game.

Also, the trailer did its job, it got us all talking about the game and trailer.
Therefore, the marketing department responsible for this trailer have done what they needed to.

kickin wiing

Jan 5, 2009
nova18 said:
Dont know what everyone is talking about.
It had sex, violence and epic battles.
Sounds like everything I could ever need in a game.
Exactly! Why is it that any game that comes out is picked at to death?!

Its supposed to be over the top action, gore, and sex. Just enjoy it! What ever happened to just enjoying a game for what it is.

It seems like any game that comes out that doesn't have a guy with glasses and a crowbar gets ridiculed at for being "low brow" or a game for the "frat boys."

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
Tiamat666 said:
New Troll said:
As for Marilyn Manson, they should have used one of his better songs like Get Your Gunn or Heresy.
Heresy is from Nine Inch Nails, not Marilyn Manson.

I like MM and the trailer seems pretty cool. Except there should be more blood.
Oh hey, you're right. I meant Dogma.

Johnny Danger

Oct 19, 2008
TsunamiWombat said:
Asehujiko said:
sneakypenguin said:
Golly those graphics sucked, I felt like I was watching a cutscene from a 2004 game.
There's alot going on in the background and if they render it all realtime with better graphics it would become a pc exclusive. Not that i would mind that...
Also keep in mind this is a very low res youtube video, and they may've been running this footage on low graphics before finalization. Game ain't out yet.

...Speaking of which, anyone know the release date?
That was my first thought too, it looks like it's from PS2/X-Box generation. Mass Effect on the 360 looked incredible, this looks like trash.

If they are trying to get people excited about a game why would they show trailers that make the game look like garbage (graphics-wise)? I would think they would wait until it was representative of the final product.

Grand_Poohbah

Nov 29, 2008
SmilingKitsune said:
~facepalm~ This just looks stupid, very, very stupid. Metal, gratuitous ammounts of gore and a dopey looking sex scene, just silly.
Besides that from what I can tell this game couldn't be any more generic if it tried, so I'm hardly holding my breath for it.
I'm sold.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Gormourn said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Gormourn said:
Gormourn said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Which brings up a new question. Its 2009. Who the hell thought Marilyn Manson would sell anymore?
What? Marilyn Manson is still awesome >_<
Marilyn "I got dumped by Dita" Manson, with his "ooh, look at me be shocking in a non-threatening" way.
Meh. You got any better alternatives?
To Manson? Well, Queen, Iron Maiden, Nightwish, Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Slipknot, Sabbath, The Stones, The Who, The Doors, The Grateful Dead, Hendrix just off the top of my head.
None of these bands are anything like Manson. I love Pink Floyd, Queen and Black Sabbath out of your list but it's completely different shit.
i actually agree, out of all of these bands, manson really does stand out the most

Andy_Panthro

Man of Science
May 3, 2009
Johnny Danger said:
That was my first thought too, it looks like it's from PS2/X-Box generation. Mass Effect on the 360 looked incredible, this looks like trash.

If they are trying to get people excited about a game why would they show trailers that make the game look like garbage (graphics-wise)? I would think they would wait until it was representative of the final product.
This is using the in-game engine, which is designed for the top down/third person perspective gameplay, where it's far more important to have good framerates with lots of characters on screen as well as background detail and spell effects etc. That sort of close-up detail is unnecessary when you're usually viewing from a more distant perspective.

If you take a moment to look at Neverwinter Nights, then look at Neverwinter Nights 2, and then return to the above video, I think you'd see theres been a vast improvement.

Feb 13, 2008
Gormourn said:
Why should I be putting your "music" above something I simply like?
This makes no sense. I've just pointed out a number of bands that could have done that better, you've agreed and now you say "We don't agree, bye"

Odd person.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Seems like people are just over-reacting to me. Plus its Bioware. Bioware is one of those few companies that should be allowed to think big of themselves. They earned it. KoTor, Baldur's Gate, NWN, Mass Effect.

TheBadass

Aug 27, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Which brings up a new question. Its 2009. Who the hell thought Marilyn Manson would sell anymore?
That song kicks so much ass. Downlo-- buying it right now.

pigeon_of_doom

Vice-Captain Hammer
Feb 9, 2008
Odd person.
Thought this site didn't allow name calling? Shouldn't you put yourself on probation? ;)

The sex scene was a more worrying inclusion in the trailer than the music, to me at least (little as I like Marilyn Manson). Doesn't matter anyway, the game's soundtrack will be a selection of feudally styled orchestra tracks.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
I thought it was hilarious xD True, the music is somewhat inappropriate considering the game, but at the same time it's like watching the Pope pulling out a chaingun out from under his robes and going to town. That song playing in the background (or similar). Can't help but chuckle at the incongruity of it all.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
To Manson? Well, Queen, Iron Maiden, Nightwish, Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Slipknot, Sabbath, The Stones, The Who, The Doors, The Grateful Dead, Hendrix just off the top of my head.
I almost thought you had a good taste in music until you mentioned Evanescence. Well Nightwish, Slipknot and Grateful Dead too.