Moral discussion: would you?

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
I'd consider it. I really consider it. We aren't related by blood, so it's not like it's 'real' incest, but still, the notion of living with a potential future ex-lover isn't... attractive, to say the least.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
My issue would be the fact that it's a spur-of-the-moment hookup with someone your family is going to make you treat like a sibling. Biologically it isn't messed up, but the family mess it would create is nightmarish.

TheEndlessSleep

Sep 1, 2010
Step-siblings are not blood relatives, so its not incest.

Even though they are still a family member and it might make one or both of you feel uncomfortable, If you are both up for it there is no real moral dilemma here.

WeakEnd

Apr 19, 2010
No, though more so for reasons beyond that of those considered.
Within the parameters of those considered, I'd still say no, because it still feels like sordid ground.

Grospoliner

Feb 16, 2010
If I was sexually and emotionally attracted to a step-sister and she reciprocated I would pursue the relationship.

There's nothing weird or unacceptable about it. The girl is a sister only in title not biologically.

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
Awkward. But I'd still do it. For the hell of it. I know a friend that had a relationship and both their divorced parents met because of them and eventually married, making them step-brother and sister AFTER they went into a relationship. Did that change anything? Nope! Then why would this? It wouldn't.

DanDanikov

Dec 28, 2008
Going out with someone you already live with is a bit weird and carries inherent problems with it. What if it doesn't work out? What if it all goes sour?

Notionally, however, you haven't grown up with her, you don't have an established long-term sibling relationship, nor are you biologically related. It wouldn't be any different from taking on a mother and daughter as tenants and falling for the daughter. Honestly, I think it's quite understandable if you're anything like you're father and she's anything like her mother... if they found each other attractive, it's not too surprising that you might also. I think things are early enough on that, if you have the will to make it work, you'd probably have a shot at it.

The only thing I'd strongly suggest (even though it might seem like the hardest thing in the world) is to talk to your parents about it. Yes, they might freak out about it, but better for them to freak out before anything has happened rather than after, and trust me, parents have a way of knowing when things are happening and finding out about stuff- they'll find out one way or another.

minus_273c

Knackered Old Shit
Nov 21, 2009
Have you never seen 'Cruel Intentions' (Dangerous Liaisons)?

That way lies deceipt, debauchery and death!

If they're cute, go for it.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
porbably would.

like say you start going out then break up. your stil step brother/sister.

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
Legitimate incest is what I have issues with.
Step-siblings I don't see nearly as bad, because under different circumstances, it could've worked out as a relationship. Heck, it might seem a little odd, but even marriage under that situation doesn't come across as odd to me. And even if it did end, no reason why you still can't be friends as long as you're head's on straight.

KFalcon

May 5, 2011
They've been raised as your brother/sister regardless, so that would be a no for me.

Everin

Apr 15, 2009
Some people are saying this sounds like my situation. It is certainly not, I have a loving girlfriend, I dont think sleeping with step-siblings is right anyhow and all my step-siblings are over 25 years old, more then 12 years older then me. Just getting that cleared up :)

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Well, it'd hardly be a developed relationship like if you lived with someone your whole life, you wouldn't have the same mental locks on that sort of relationship as with someone you've seen as a brother or sister your whole life.

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
I touch their shoulders and run like fuck straight off of a cliff.
Works. Every. Time.

[small]Yes, shoulders.[/small]

Harlief

Jul 8, 2009
Some of my Parents' Friends' daughters are pretty damn attractive. I see this situation as an extension of that dynamic.

LemonFury

Jun 8, 2011
My grandparents both divorced and both had kids... I'm sorta the result of the scenario you discribed. So I guess no :D

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
maybe, maybe not. depends really...
i highly doubt i'd fall in love with somebody like that. and that still makes them a half-sister so they're still family.
i probably wouldn't. too much risk of inbreeding defections.

if it weren't for that then i'd just have to see her for myslef. and i don't see why this is a moral question...