Morrowind 2011 Brings New Life to an Old Classic

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
Yep... I will definately be reinstalling Morrowsind sometime soon. This mod pack looks AMAZING!

Mar 9, 2010
Okay, someone tell me one thing. Should I install this and then play Morrowind or should I play complete vanilla before trying to mod anything?

OT: Looks pretty damn nice, much better than how it looked when it was released.

Social Pariah

Nov 23, 2007
Seemingly it's gone now...

Ganthrinor said:
Bethesda needs to hire this guy. Like, yesterday.
And it's a compilation of lots of people's work, not just his, if any of his work.
They can't hire their entire community, and why bother when they make it for free.

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
Social Pariah said:
Seemingly it's gone now...

Ganthrinor said:
And it's a compilation of lots of people's work, not just his, if any of his work.
They can't hire their entire community, and why bother when they make it for free.
I realize it's a compiliation of works, so perhaps I should have said "These people" rather than "This guy". While hiring the entire Morrowind/Oblivion community isn't quite realistic, it seems to me that it would be prefectly logical to sift through the works and offer jobs to the best.

When a group of people that buy and use your products and then take the time to go through and make it BETTER (in nearly every aspect) on thier own with little or no expectations of thanks or real official recognization, the least a big studio like Bethesda could do is offer jobs. Valve does it, Bungie's done it, Microsfot, Apple, Sony and many, many many other large corporations do it. A good crop of "Wild Talent" developers can sometimes be far more valuable to a company than Selection B of Graduate Students from School S with Majors in Z.

Mostly, it would just be damn cool of Bethesda to recognize and appreciate valuable members of it's player community every now and again rather than release another half-finished game for the modders to have to fix.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
All respect to the people who made the mods, BUT - that's not a full graphical overhaul. The only things they changed is water effects and bloom, perhaps added an additional skyline (although I'm seeing the same that was there before), if you look at the trees, the grass, the houses, the stone, anything that's not water or sky, the graphics look exactly the same.

Social Pariah

Nov 23, 2007
Ganthrinor said:
Mostly, it would just be damn cool of Bethesda to recognize and appreciate valuable members of it's player community every now and again rather than release another half-finished game for the modders to have to fix.[/quote]

A business model that continues to excel somehow, regardless...