Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Could Be "Inevitable"

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
TheGreenManalishi said:
They announce a Tekken/Street Fighter crossover and suddenly the whole world goes crossover crazy.
They got crossover crazy before that. Marvel vs Capcom 2 on the digital services is arguably where the whole craze reignited. Marvel vs Capcom 3. Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
I think the problem was, Mortal Kombat was a crappy slopped together game that was ignored, repeated attack animation for EVERYONE and looked like Pit Fighter.

It was only popular when not only could you beat someone you could do the good old unsportsman like nayh nayh move of tearing off a head. Sorry Mk...that childish bit only lasts so long.

Other series don't have to have one stupid gimmick to save a other wish horrible fighting game. Maybe if you made the game better...and make the console AI not super charged like it thinks we are feeding it quarters when it pwns people on easy.

But then again, I thought the story was as clever as a dead retarded slug... best to let it die, or revamp the entire game than pollute a game that was fun, well animated and oh yeah... didn't need to add nut kicks to rub someones face in a loss.

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
That sounds like one of the best games ever and I would buy it in a instant.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
At this point, I think all the major fighting games need to combine to make one super-game. Let everyone keep the things made them great and just enjoy the profits. Who wouldn't buy a fighting game with every one of your favorite characters from every major series?

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
Daystar Clarion said:
Ugh, really? MK was never a good fighting game.
That's true. It's not just the fatalities. Mortal Kombat feels and plays very different to Street Fighter. Whereas Street Fighter has some real skill and strategy in the system, in Mortal Kombat the computer player usually "cheats" by always perfectly countering certain attacks. This usually degenerates into beating higher level opponents by mindlessly repeating the same move over and over again.

Rayansaki

May 5, 2009
Doesn't make sense. MK has a very unique style of mindless incredible op combos, and wouldn't go well with any other game that rewards actual skill.

BlazBlu vs Guilty Gear now that would be a great and awesome match!

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Question is, would a Super/Hyper Combo Finish also cause major dismemberment?

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Belladonnah said:
BlazBlu vs Guilty Gear now that would be a great and awesome match!
The only reason that hasn't been made yet is because of fear of the Universe collapsing in on itself from the sheer awesome that game would unleash the second the menu screen came up.

I await the day that happens, shit we would probably have it soon if SEGA didn't buy the GG license...and you know they can't be trusted with something like that.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Tiamat666 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Ugh, really? MK was never a good fighting game.
That's true. It's not just the fatalities. Mortal Kombat feels and plays very different to Street Fighter. Whereas Street Fighter has some real skill and strategy in the system, in Mortal Kombat the computer player usually "cheats" by always perfectly countering certain attacks. This usually degenerates into beating higher level opponents by mindlessly repeating the same move over and over again.
Not to defend Mortal Kombat here but the CPU in any Street Fighter never really rewarded anything else but finding the one move that absolutely chokes it. Hell, it goes for just about every fighter ever.

(Funnily, the only game so far that actively teaches the mechanics behind the game and does have a decent CPU is still Virtua Fighter 4 EVO on the PS2. Why people haven't taken cues from it is beyond me.)

ENKC

May 3, 2010
Ah, the old fatality issue. I just had a disturbing thought that there are probably folks out there who would get off on horrible things being done to Cammy and so forth. But then, they probably were long before this.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
No. If there is gonna be another cross over game for MK it should be with Soul Calibur. Not only is there the possibility of having a story that isn't completely retarded but with the cool factor of the MK character designs, the graphics of SC, and the game mechanics of SC, I think that it could be a really fun game. And think how huge the roster would be.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
How about Mortal Combat Vs Marvel Vs Street Fighter Vs the rest of Capcom?

(BEST FIGHTING GAME EVAR)

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
How about Mortal Combat Vs Marvel Vs Street Fighter Vs the rest of Capcom?

(BEST FIGHTING GAME EVAR)
Noooooo, Soul Calibur vs Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat vs Tekken vs Dead or Alive vs Smash Bros vs well you get the idea.

I call it...VS RUMBLE STADIUM (Advance Fighting Tournament 51.926)