Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Could Be "Inevitable"

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
lacktheknack said:
Jbird said:
I'm more interested in seeing the super-hyper-whatsit specials from Street Fighter upgraded to the M rating. A Hadoken can actually blast a hole in someone's chest, or a Yoga Flame can burn the recipient to ashes. Or maybe have a Spinning-Bird Kick turned up to 11 and have a blender effect, slicing and dicing the opponent to pieces.

Damnit, now I want this game to happen. And coming from a non-fighting game fan, that's saying a lot.
AUUUGH. DO NOT WANT.

I find the whole draw of the series to me is the control quality and the light, funny visuals. Street Fighter going all dark and violent would make me picket funerals, I swear.
I'd imagine it taking on the effect of gore in Anime, rather than the "realism" that Mortal Kombat boasts. I'm not trying to disagree or argue; it's just a random thought I had.

Latino Gamer

Feb 27, 2010
Just skip it and go straight to "Capcom vs. The World"

Or, just put Akuma in the next Mortal Kombat. That seems to be all everyone wants.

Antiparticle

Dec 8, 2008
Would be about damn time. I've been waiting for a MK vs SF game for like 15 years already! MK Trilogy vs Super Street Fighter 2 would have been ideal. But I guess MK 10 vs SF 5 could work too.

gmacarthur81

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>
Nov 13, 2009
I would love to see this crossover happen, but only if they do allow the fatalities. Otherwise, I wouldn't waste my time.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
Woe Is You said:
Tiamat666 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Ugh, really? MK was never a good fighting game.
That's true. It's not just the fatalities. Mortal Kombat feels and plays very different to Street Fighter. Whereas Street Fighter has some real skill and strategy in the system, in Mortal Kombat the computer player usually "cheats" by always perfectly countering certain attacks. This usually degenerates into beating higher level opponents by mindlessly repeating the same move over and over again.
Not to defend Mortal Kombat here but the CPU in any Street Fighter never really rewarded anything else but finding the one move that absolutely chokes it. Hell, it goes for just about every fighter ever.
To a certain extent perhaps. But Mortal Kombat is by far the worst offender I have ever encountered. In SF of course there is a tactic to beat every opponent, but at least they will occasionally surprise you and do something unexpected and SF doesn't seem to cheat. In MK however you can bet your balls that opponents will always perfectly counter a certain move. And they do it by cheating, because they will often perform moves way faster than is possible for a human player to do. Usually the most effective way of beating an opponent in MK is to repeteadly perform the drop-kick over and over again. Yay, fun.

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
It's only a matter of time before there would be a tentacle monster in the game.

Then Cammy would be forever stained more than she is.