Most aggravating boss character yo have faced.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Quite recently? The final battle with Xehenort in Terras story from Birth By Sleep. Now I know he's supposed to be tough, especially since I'm playing on Critical mode (hardest difficulty), but he's just fucking annoying. He's got so many instant death attacks that you really gotta give it your all for this and even then it can be bullshit. If he hits you at all you tend to be briefly stunned and that's enough for him to exploit it until you are dead.

He's got a sword combo that can kill you in one go, a projectile combo that does the same if you don't block all of it, and a meteor type attack where he is invulnerable to attack while doing it. Only way to avoid that last one is with REALLY good blocking or spamming shot-lock and he just dodges your shot-lock the whole time so it's more a means to stay invincible while he's doing that attack.

Fucker too so many tries to beat his ass but finally did it. I fear the upcoming battle with the two special bosses since I hear they are a total nightmare and make Sephiroth look like a pussy. Thus far I've heard Terra's final boss is the hardest of the three stories but I'm still concerned with my future fight with Vanitas and whoever I gotta beat in Aquas story.

obliviondoll

May 27, 2010
Sid Meier's Pirates! on PSP.

Colonel Mendoza.

Every time I seem to be befriending a governor's daughter, he comes and kidnaps her.

EVERY TIME!

CURSE YOU MENDOZA!!!

Although at least he's a good source of money and poorly-built warship to sell for more money.

More seriously though...
The "wookiee clones" part of the fight with X-1 at the end of the game on Jedi Master difficulty. You have X-1, a melee powerhouse with a lightsaber, and a bunch of wookiee clones armed with blasters. This is one of only two fights in the game where you have to handle a melee fighter and ranged enemies at once, and the only other one also gives you an ally who's also a great melee fighter.

Also, it's the only fight in the game where you CAN'T switch class. It goes to a cutscene, then you're a Jedi, whether you want to be or not. And there's a locked door between you and the only nearby console you can change class at.

As a Jedi, you have one force power which is a decent stun move against a single opponent, but useless against groups. Then you have your lightsaber throw which instant-kills most enemies, but not the wookiees or X-1, drains a lot of stamina, and leaves you open for a long period in which every enemy gets free shots at you. You also, obviously, have your lightsaber, which also normally kills enemies with one hit, but also doesn't do so in this fight, and every time you use it on X-1 he counters it, doing extra damage and leaving you stunned for a second while the wookiees keep shooting.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
deonte9109 said:
ecoho said:
last boss in star ocean the last hope. basterd take everything my lvl 70 team has and keeps comeing......WTF does it take to beat that guy?!
i actually lucked out with him. i had only four ppl who even touched lvl 60 and i beat him my first go round but nonetheless he he was hard as ******
Between the cutscenes and the boss it took me an hour and a half to beat that part with my low level team.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Freeze man from megaman 7 was soooooo frustrating; but, once I learned his various patterns and triggers, he has become probably my favorite boss out of all the megaman games.

WorkerMurphey

Jan 24, 2010
The old sniper from MGS3 was pretty frustrating, mostly because it was a lot of running around - and yes I'm aware there are ways around having the encounter with him in the jungle.

I also have to vote for the boss on the train in Uncharted 2 as an example of a bullshitty boss type: The human(oid) with no magical powers who can survive an unreal amount of firepower. In this case he shrugs off full clips from an assault rifle to the face. It's not as much an issue of imbalance so much as it breaks my immersion in the game.

Da Chi

Sep 6, 2010
The End boss from Uncharted 2. Lord knows how many times I heard him scream "DRAAAAAKE!" then shotgunned my face off. I've been on that point on Crushing for weeks now and really have just given up.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
The Train Demon from Ninja Gaiden 2,mostly because it involves shooting him with a bow and I suck with the bow.

Also The fucker from DDS Bat, his guard move always annoyed me and that fact that most fights with could have been avoided had Argillia let Heat eat him after there first battle.In fact have that game could have been skipped if Heat just ate him.

Omega V

Apr 21, 2010
General fucking RAAM, Gears of War. Insane amounts of health, duelweiding miniguns, and is surrounded by a swarm of bats that insta-kill you the nanosecond you touch a single pixel of darkness. I took me days to kill him on insane.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
The most recent example I can think of is Lukan the Witless from Arcanum.
It wasn't even Lukan that was the problem, his ogre bodyguards kept stomping me every time.
Eventually I got so pissed that I turned down the difficulty to easy and threw out every trick I had, and I still barely won.

deonte9109

Sep 8, 2010
I decided to check on the thread and i remembered someone else. the dragon boss and wizpig of diddy kart racing. At the time i was like 7 and those two almost made me quit games.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Omega V said:
General fucking RAAM, Gears of War. Insane amounts of health, duelweiding miniguns, and is surrounded by a swarm of bats that insta-kill you the nanosecond you touch a single pixel of darkness. I took me days to kill him on insane.
I never got what was so hard about him....he was piss easy if you had a sniper. Just hid at the first barrier when you enter the battle zone, wait for the krill to fly at you and shoot him in the head with the sniper, rinse and repeat. The krill can't even hurt you because your out of range, and the idiot just stands there...it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Now admittedly if you didn't know that, then yea....he's annoying but such a pushover.

Abanic

Jul 26, 2010
Giygas from Earthbound. Unless you know how to beat him, he's unstoppable.