Most annoying boss fights

pakker

May 8, 2008
The final "boss" in Halo 3 was annoying, especially cus it was "Boom" - aaand you won.. wtf, too lazy to present a final epic challenge?

Else I'd mention anything from Devil May Cry on DMD mode, or Ninja Gaiden on eeh.. wtf you die mode.

Or maybe.. Any game that throws -everything- at you, entierly depleting your resources (Super mode powers, ammo, health, eye-brows or whatever it is) and -then- send the most badass evil boss/megawarrior/doomsday creation at you... That just pisses me off..

Ow and, Guilty Gears X reloaded or something like that, the final boss in arcade mode who have like 10 times more HP than anything else, and does evil damage of doom... Not beaten her yet, but some day...

Jun 8, 2009
The final level of streets of rage 2 is one long boss fight. You fight every single boss in the game up to that point... seven in total. Then a mini boss who fights better than most of the previous proper bosses attacks you. Finally, the big guy himself gets up to fight... and actually he's not that difficult once you know what you're doing, but still expect to lose a life or two.

That level is one long massacre.

aaron552

Jun 11, 2008
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Saren at the end of Mass Effect.

On Insanity, the first "phase" of the encounter takes friggin' forever because he continually uses Shield Boost, so he takes no damage. Then you enter the second phase, in which he overheats your weapons, jumps around the room like a lunatic so it's difficult to hit him, and when you finally get through his ridiculous amount of shields and start to damage him... it cuts to a cinematic and his shields reset!
You didn't have your charm/intimidate high enough to avoid the first phase? Or did you deliberately avoid this for kicks. Either way, you deserve a tough battle. The jumping around in the second phase *is* annoying, though.

Blue22

Jul 17, 2009
Giygas in EarthBound, HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW I HAD TO PREY! Angry face.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Most of the floor bosses in the higher levels of Tarturus in P3, they had no real weakness and when you got three together they would spam nasty hit-all attacks. The Final Boss of P3 wasn't to bad as long as you were leveled but if you weren't it's bullshit attacks like Night Queen and Almighty attack were a pain in the ass. Also she had 14 forms.

It's also worth mention the Bowser/Shadow Queen boss fights from Paper Mario 1 and TTYD respectively . They had those long ass scenes in each that made losing a pain in the ass because you had to do it all over again.

Finally the Emperor Ing in MP2, stupid bastard was a ***** to kill and then you had to fight Dark Samus who was even harder to kill.

Gameslayer_93

Jul 17, 2009
iseestupid said:
Whitney from Pokemon G/S/C... Mostly her Miltank and rollout. No matter how much I train every single pokemon, that Miltank takes them out in one hit.
And also, trying to defeat Lavos before the end of Chrono Trigger. Especially on your first run in the Ocean Palace, which is almost definitely one hit kill.
Against Whitney, u should use a fighting pokemon, nails all hers really easily, i used machop.
p.s. final boss of No More Heroes was hardest ever hands down.

Idocreating

Apr 16, 2009
Chosen_Chaos said:
Ultimecia in FF8 simply for the when-will-this-boss-fight-just-END factor. Sephiroth from FF7 for the sheer disappointment factor - after being built up as an unstoppable bad guy for the entire game, he was way too easy to defeat.

Loatheb is annoying, but if you time your heals properly, the Necrotic Aura is more an inconvenience than anything else. Also in WoW: Heigan the Unclean, especially when people muck up the dance and you're down from 10 to 3 (even more so if it happens on the first dance cycle - ARGH!). But yeah, you could post just about every WoW raid boss from Zul'Gurub all the way through to Malygos on this list for one reason or another.
Mostly due to fellow players in your group not knowing what they should be doing. Practically every boss fight in WoW isn't annoying because very few of them have a random factor, almost every boss is very predictable.

Going on that knowledge, Archimonde was probably the most annoying one in WoW. His fire chases around the area and he casts Fear on everyone in the raid, making them run like headless chickens. If you got unlucky and someone run into a fire trail, they'd die. When someone dies, the boss gets a buff that would usually let him kill someone else... and so he'd chain a massive burst of damage that would typically kill everyone.

If there was no fear on that boss it would've been ok, but it turned it into one of the most frustrating experiences for a lot of the players.

Brnin8

Jul 17, 2009
If anyone here has played The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind's expansion Tribunal...
The may recall a certain Bosmer by the name of Gaenor, he has 770 luck and therefor is nearly
impossible to hit.

Although I'm going to do a play through on the PC now and heard punch him helps make him fall down so you can slash him on the ground... >_<

Takoto

Mar 25, 2009
gmer412 said:
Any late Gym Leader in a pokemon game. STOP USING FULL RESTORES, YOU BASTARD! /rage.
The Gym Leader's aren't that bad for it, it's the Elite Four that really makes me rage when they use them.

The first boss in Dark Cloud, the horned, flying, giant dog. He took me months too beat.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
That impossible boss at the beginning of Ninja Gaiden. I just couldn't let the bastard win so I fought him like 30 times.

Magus44

Aug 26, 2008
Guitarmasterx7 said:
all boss fights before recently have been trumped by Elizabeth Green from prototype.
ARGH I was gunna say that. I've tried three times to beat her, and still haven't mainly coz Red faction came along.
First I was trying to melee her, stupidly. Took me 15 mins to get down her first bar, then hunters were hitting me so I hit her ONCE when she was down and weakened. *Snap, turn off 360*
Second time I'm using choppers, I jack one and while it's doing the long ass hijack animation, the dead pilot flies out of the combat zone. Fail boss fight. *Snap, turn off 360*
Third time I use devastators, shes down to no health, 360 freezes. *Snap, Swear, Turn off 360*

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
Um no one boss fight in particular but i can't stand any boss fight that forces you to sit through a cutscene before you fight the boss. Then if you die you have to watch the same damn scene again and again and again.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Jirlond said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQZuidKexBQ

Now thats a boss!
Fuck. That. I saw that video a while back, and it doesn't look any more possible now than it did back then. I don't know if I should respect the player for having that level of coordination or pity him for the sheer amount of time spent for the sake of a single game. I think I'm leaning toawards the former.

By the way, your avatar is awesome.

Librarian Mike

May 16, 2008
Some of those superbosses in Final Fantasy games (particularly 10 and 12) are just ridiculous. I don't mind hard bosses, and in fact quite enjoy them. The thing with those ones however is that it really doesn't have so much to do with skill as having the patience to grind yourself to a high enough level.

iseestupid

Feb 25, 2009
Gameslayer_93 said:
iseestupid said:
Whitney from Pokemon G/S/C... Mostly her Miltank and rollout. No matter how much I train every single pokemon, that Miltank takes them out in one hit.
And also, trying to defeat Lavos before the end of Chrono Trigger. Especially on your first run in the Ocean Palace, which is almost definitely one hit kill.
Against Whitney, u should use a fighting pokemon, nails all hers really easily, i used machop.
p.s. final boss of No More Heroes was hardest ever hands down.
There is no way I'm going to use a pokemon other than my starter in a game.
Charizard did it in blue, and Typhlosion had better do it in silver.