Most badass playable character?

alabaster67

Dec 27, 2007
my voite has to go to the man in the hawwiaan shirt, tommy vercetti from vice city. he was ust one of the most entertaining and badass characters from any game ever, hands down.

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
geddydisciple post=9.69571.665349 said:
1) Kratos from tales of symphonia
2) Gordon Freemon
3) Link
4) Samus Aran
5) Fiur from heroes III (i know you don't actually control him but you control his army)
Much better

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Shinkada post=9.69571.664295 said:
That or Yuri from Shadow Hearts: Covenant. Best RPG Main Hero ever.
Not only is Yuri incredibly badass, he's also one of the ONLY videogame main characters with a sense of humor/irony about his badassness.

Oh, also, Niko Belic from GTA IV, I'm not a GTA fanboy but I still found him VERY badass in the way he flippantly insults everyone regardless of the consequences, and the fact that he laughs when being tortured.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
PedroSteckecilo post=9.69571.666107 said:
Shinkada post=9.69571.664295 said:
That or Yuri from Shadow Hearts: Covenant. Best RPG Main Hero ever.
Not only is Yuri incredibly badass, he's also one of the ONLY videogame main characters with a sense of humor/irony about his badassness.
I forgot about Yuri, he's definitely the most badass. I mean, what could possibly be more badass than turning into Amon?
The demon Amon is a badass of literally Biblical proportions. Even Satan & other demons fear Amon.

In a similar vein to Yuri, The Black Whirlwind form Jade Empire is a badass with sense of humour about his badassness, he's hilarious but only semi-playable.

childofbodom

Aug 13, 2008
I find very few fightinggame characters here (that I know of) so I have to say Eddie Gordo from Tekken 3.

MetalBaird

Aug 21, 2008
Well, to be fair, characters in fighting games are really weak. I mean, Duke Nukem blows teh shit out of aliens,Final Fantasy characters either slice, dice, maul or cast thier enemy's to hell and dante, well, he's a demon. Fighting characters are weak beccause no matter how many times u snap the opponants neck or bash thier face into a bloody pulp into a wall its always a KO. Except in Mortal Kombat... thats the exception...

Metonym

Jan 21, 2008
Klesk in Q3..you like spikes and weird alien jumping noice..he´s your ehm man..alien

N-Sef

Jun 21, 2008
Beyond the Grave from Gungrave. This guy is a Mobster Zombie Cowboy, carries around a huge coffin like thing on his back that has a crap load of military grade weapons, dual guns named after a certain demonic dog in Greek mythology. He stomps around the city of Billion taking out the mob and facing absolutely huge bosses, and seems to be nigh invincible. He is basically dazed by nothing, and never even grunts. Beyond the Grave is a one man army badarse with no peer.

SurferRosa

May 11, 2008
Him from STALKER: because while you shit yourself, he shotguns mutants in the face, ducks and dives through nasty anomalies, absorbs more radiation than should be humanly possible then downs a bottle of vodka, eats a raw sausage and continues the fight. He can also stay awake for 30 hours and suffer no side effects, carry 80 kilos and still run 100 metres in ~12 seconds and he's Russian, which automatically makes him awesome.

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Ugh... not the master cheif.

Frank West (Lets see anyone else bludgeon zombies to death with a toy laser sword while wearing a big lego head)

Imperator_2

Feb 19, 2008
Why not the MAster Chief? He single-handedly turns the war around for the UNSC. The Covenant call him "The Demon". How is that not badass?

Platinum117

Aug 15, 2008
I did lol when he starts getting called the demon. Gives you a sort of badass title overlaying your badassery

OneBig Man

Jul 23, 2008
im sure you guys are forgetting one of the most badass characters of all time, darth vader

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
I won't start a master cheif argument with you, he just annoys me (I play halo, but definately not because of the master cheif, he's probably my least favourite part of it)

Turok is pretty badass.