Most Boring Game You've Ever Played

Eggbert

Jun 9, 2010
I've gotta throw down here: Baldur's Gate 1. Damn that game gets tedious. I mean, it's immersive and all, but I'm getting tired of being poisoned, then having two seconds of being alive and trying to find an antidote hidden in one of 6 inventories, then biting the dust. And reloading, because apparently the main character can't have raise dead or whatever cast on him/her. It's somewhat infuriating, and got incredibly old the third time it happened.

ikyda1

May 22, 2009
Mass Effect .................everyones loves it but i though it was boring and uneventful! i literally fell asleep playing it

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Serious Sam.

Maybe I'm just a mutant, or maybe I've matured beyond the mindset I had when I first played these games but... my God, I got so fucking bored of this game.

I think it's just a pacing issue. Throwing hundreds of enemies at you constantly sounds like it would be fun, but after a short while it just gets dull and tiresome.

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
Probably some Japanese turnbased SRPG...maybe Luminous Arc and Hoshigami....i can't remember them that much, they were sorta boring, think one was about witches.

InfectedStar

Jul 7, 2011
putowtin said:
InfectedStar said:
Exactly, I am just laughing so hard I'm cryin' right now, 2 hours!? LOL!
I just don't get the obsession some have with WoW, but then again it wouldn't do for us all to be the same
True. Very True. I'm actually gonna quit when my time finishes this month, it's just a cash cow.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
ZombieInUrBathtub said:
inFamous. I played it for about two hours before putting the controller down and eating a bar of soap because I don't think I've ever cursed so much before.
I enjoyed it greatly and yet it still caused me to curse lol. Civilians are so easily caught up in constabulary criminal conflict and conduit confiscatory carnage. I hope you enjoyed your soap though. If I might ask, what brand? lol.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Three games come to mind:

Space Station Manager is one. You have like 5 or 6 different modules in the entire game, and no goal at all. Just add modules to each other. That is seriously it. To call it a game, or even "manager", is an insult.

Final Fantasy X came with my PS2. I've tried playing it three times, and three times I give up out of sheer boredom.

And finally, EVE-fucking-online! If I wanted another job, I'd get one, thank you very much.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I haven't played this, but it looks incredibly boring and even more incredibly broken:

Yes, this piece of shit is a real game...

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
GraveyardTricks said:
Oh, and the Total War series. I know people who have become obsessed with them, and will show me their efforts and conquering the world. I couldn't give less of a shit. It just looks way to boring to even be labelled as a 'game'.
Are you serious? As far as strategy games go, the TW series is so diverse, it has something for everyone who's even remotely into strategy.

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
Nexus the Jupiter Incident. I like RTS games. I like Space combat. I like the Homeworld games. But great god did that game become a disaster after mission 3 when enemy ships had shield and you had to wail at them for 3 minutes to MAYBE get a 10 second window to shoot at some parts of the ships. Seriously, the first few missions after the shields show up you really don't have to kill anything, just hang on. Apparently the devs themselves realized how tedious it was, but they fail to ever make it work properly.

Dungeon crawlers in general take a close second. Dungeon Siege was terrible after a while, your interaction was basically to hover your finger over the health and mana potion button whenever the health bars drop.

Psycho78

Jan 12, 2011
Diablo-type games; just run around and ClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClickClick.

WoW-type games; kill 8 badgers and come back to me and I'll give you the key that is needed to complete the quest you got 30 minutes ago that was given to you 45 minutes ago. Doubly so if the game is instanced. And respawning enemies are tedious to the extreme.

"Where's Waldo" type adventure games where you have to hunt for clues on the screen. I hope LA Noire isn't too bad about that.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
WoW
hands down WoW, every thing it dose, i've played better elsewhere, only redeeming factor are the lady Dreanie :p

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
Final Fantasy tactics Advance. Why oh why did they make that awful judge system and make the main characters pre school kids? Piss off a judge and you may as well reset the game, and the judges get pissed EASILY. I despise that game so much ...

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
The Sims.

Honestly, once you've cheated to build your house and made them do everything at least once, it just becomes dull. You end up the ***** of virtual avatars, tending to their every fucking whim and desire.

The only time it got interesting was when I just locked a whole house full of them into one little room and made them set off a firework indoors, watching the hapless retards burn to death.

Dualcitizen

Sep 4, 2010
Pretty much every MMORPG I've ever played. Also, Fallout 3, I keep replaying it and I usually love it again for several hours, but eventually the shooting just gets too repetitive, especially when the enemies start leveling harder than you and you have to fire fifty fully repaired assoult rifle bullets into their faces.

aidutcher

Dec 11, 2010
I'll go with Fallout 3.

I think I got somewhere between 10-20 hours in before I realized I was just searching the same bland, gray ruins over and over again looking for ammo for the two or three guns I was using to kill the same kinds of enemy over and over again to level up so it would be easier to search for more of the same ammo in the same bland, gray ruins on the other side of the map.

At one point I even started a game where I tried to focus solely on the main story and I couldn't bring myself to continue playing it.

I haven't played it in months. I've since realized that I just plain don't like the post-apocalyptic setting. Trudging through a bleak, gray wasteland of rubble just doesn't sound like any fun to me.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
Tuesday Night Fever said:
Ashcrexl said:
so recently, like last weekend, i decided to start playing world of warcraft's free trial to see what all the fuss is about. i was a been apprehensive about getting addicted since it does have that reputation. but how could i? it is one of the most boring, repetitive, poorly paced games ever made. i played 2 hours and got to level 5, so don't say i didn't give it a fair shot. right after a mission where i had to kill 10 of the exact same enemy, using one of two of the exact same attacks (which are accomplished by pushing one button over and over), and then killing a bigger version of that same enemy, my mind broke, and i gave up.

so anyone curious about WoW and havent tried it yet, i can tell you it is TERRIBLE. the world is fairly decent, but everything is just plain dull and generic.
That's probably why Blizzard has been trying so hard to reduce the amount of time you actually spend leveling. Over the past few big updates they've reduced the amount of XP that you need to level, they've increased the amount of XP you get, they've added gear that increases the amount of XP you get, and they've streamlined the old-world zones to level you up much quicker. The amount of time it takes you to go from 1 to max level these days is a fraction of what it used to be.

Ask any of the people addicted to the game what it is that's so fun about the game, and while some might say leveling, the vast majority are probably going to say that it's all about either PvP or the end-game content with heroic dungeons and raids.

Not that I'm trying to defend the game. I haven't logged in for over a month now. Just saying that you're not alone in finding the leveling experience to be exceptionally dull - even among WoW diehards.
True story. I got from level 1 to 80 in just over 48 hours of play time (spread over 3 weeks or so).