Most Boring Game You've Ever Played

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
World of Warcraft (no joke). I don't understand the hype... I played 'till I was level 10 an I hated the game by then. I didn't find the game addicting in the slightest!

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
TorchofThanatos said:
Dragon Age Origins.
Story was interesting but game play was so boring i just stopped playing.
try to slog through it i personally refuse to play more then an hour at a time cause if you spend longer then that the constant walking from place to place will drive you mad. that being said DA:eek:rigins is probably the most boring game ive played.(funnily enough i thought DA2 was allot less so because you werent walking so much, go figure:)

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Mary kate and ashley:mystery mall . I am a man , but at the time i was 13 , bored , curious and my sister had the game for ps1 , inplayed it , finished it , most boring 3 houra of my life . Also more recent , sakura wars:so long my love . It was terrible played it like a month ago , if i could go back in time i'd stop myself from buying that . It was soooo fuckig boring , but i finished it.

AlphaEcho

Jun 16, 2010
Probably District 8 I think it was called, or the new Medal of Honor. They were both decent games they were just... le average and boring.

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
ccggenius12 said:
i64ever said:
Desert bus. No question.
How did it take 'till the second page for this to get mentioned? heres the wikipedia entry on it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_Bus#Desert_Bus
Its a friggen real time real distance driving sim in the middle of the desert.
What the fuck is wrong with the guys who designed this? Were they fucking brain dammaged to think this is a good idea?

I badly hope this was a joke, and if not, I'm going to Mars.

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
I downloaded the special edition of monkey island. Mainly because so many people loved it back in the day of dos games, and because I was also a big fan of point and click games like kings quest. I couldn't get passed the first part in the town. Just found it too boring. I guess I will never be able to relive the old glory days of the DOS games.

coblen

Nov 18, 2009
epic war 5.

I beat all the missions just by clicking two buttons.
three if I want it to go faster.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom.

Only game I played, that I can remember on the spot, that boredom was the main reason I stopped playing. Every other game I quit has some other kind of flaw that I couldn't handle, but that one was just...boring as all hell. It was the first hour when I tried rationalizing playing it and I couldn't come up with a reason besides, "Maybe it's better with a higher level", two hours later.

It wasn't.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Recently, Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Going to every room I can looking for things, even those I lit up, with no monsters showing up yet and the only real threat being standing in the deadly jam, is so boring after being creepy.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Oblivion

What? Stop looking at me like that.

I gave the game an honest shot, but it just wasn't for me. The game seems to focus more on exploration than on an actual story. I did some stuff, met Patrick Stewart, walked for a while, went to a city... did more stuff... got called criminal scum and killed by a guard because I took a wooden cup from a house. Did some more walking, joined a guild, went to a town... fell asleep in real life.

Seriin

Jun 4, 2009
I don't know if I could call it the "most boring", but near to the top of the list for me is Shadow of the Colossus. Now, I love the idea of the game, and I don't want anyone to take my inclusion of it here as me saying it is bad. It isn't, it is good. It just requires patience, at least at the beginning. After you've made you first kill you're sent off to slay another, all the while without much hint as to where exactly you're supposed to go. The map is huge and you have access to a lot of it, which I feel to be part of the problem, actually it is probably my biggest hurdle with the game. Perhaps my familiarity with the Zelda series was my downfall here, as in those games you are blocked off from places you can't go until you're supposed to go there. There's a block you need to bomb, or you need the grapple hook.

SotC doesn't really have that, instead you are mostly left to wander which, again I like the idea of, but in action it slows things down. Well, this coupled with the technical limitations that are trying a bit too hard to render a big world. (I assume this is better on the new HD remix, but I'm going off the PS2 version I have sitting on my shelf.) I also don't like using guides on games I haven't beaten and I'm the only one of my close circle of friends who has even played the game. Essentially, I'm (of my own will) alone in a big world that I really, really want to explore and like but can't attain the free time needed to get hooked. It is far from bad, and has a great idea, but to fit the topic at hand- it is boring.

---In addition---

The above is an example of a good game that is tough to get into therefore boring. I don't intend to go into the list of games that are boring because they are bad and therefore entirely not fun to play. As well, I tend to find First person shooters (at lease online focused ones), as well as realistic racers boring simply because they are not my genre. In both of those I'd rather play a "futuristic" version of them than the normal. (example: when it comes to racing I'll take F-Zero or a Kart racer over real cars on real tracks)

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
When there's nothing you're trying to do, Minecraft instantly becomes the most boring game on earth. Now, when you decide "Hey, I want to build a volcano fortress!" then the game gets very fun, but with nothing in mind..... URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Xman490 said:
Recently, Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Going to every room I can looking for things, even those I lit up, with no monsters showing up yet and the only real threat being standing in the deadly jam, is so boring after being creepy.
That's the biggest problem with Amnesia. It starts off with nothing happening so it seems more surprising when the first monster does show up, but many people lose their patience within that time period.

nixonsnow

Mar 23, 2011
LA Noire really dragged for me. Man, I wanted to like that game so bad though. But it just wasn't enjoyable to push through.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
I'm gonna get some flak for this, but Final Fantasy VI & VII. It's not the grinding that was really boring top me, it was the combat, the overworld, the stories, all just bored me to tears. Which is odd because I can play pokemon for hours without putting the game down

Possibly

Jul 29, 2011
Dfskelleton said:
When there's nothing you're trying to do, Minecraft instantly becomes the most boring game on earth. Now, when you decide "Hey, I want to build a volcano fortress!" then the game gets very fun, but with nothing in mind..... URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
This. There's a period at the start of each game where you just try to amass resources and avoid being killed, then once you're set up with a decent house and some diamonds it quickly gets boring.
Until, of course, you start a building project. Creating an island fortress with all the crap I had lying around in chests was the most fun I've had in a game in weeks.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
*dons asbestos suit*

Oblivion.

Haha, just kidding...

*keeps the suit on*

...but I really did get pretty bored with it. It wasn't the worst though. That prize belongs to Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pool_of_Radiance:_Ruins_of_Myth_Drannor] Seriously, wtf.

Sexy Devil

Jul 12, 2010
Metal Gear Solid 4. Got to that part where that one guy with the monkey spends like 20 minutes explaining to you some upgrading system or something (I was too bloody zoned out by that point to know what exactly it was) which any other game could explain in 5 seconds. At that point I just went "No, screw this, I'm done."

Haven't picked it up again since despite people telling me to give it another go.