Most Comfortable Place You've Ever Slept...

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
I have no idea, but the last place i remember being completely comfortable was in my friends bed (Which is now his spare room bed, as he took his brothers bed when he moved out)

Damn i had the greatest sleep then, although it might have been helped by the fact that i was incredibly tired.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
My old bed, every time my ex-girlfriend slept over. Was wonderful.
Once I drooled all over her.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Probably in one of the couch forts I made when I was younger. Always slept wonderfully in those.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Either a friends couch, or a hotel bed, which I swear you could drown in quite literary, and you would not mind that.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Kaleion said:
Well that's a hard one to answer, it could be that time I slept on the beach covered in sand, it was pretty great except for the crab in my mouth, alternatively that time I fell asleep on a pool with the water covering my ears was pretty grand too, but by far I think the best one was that hammock in the forest that was between 2 trees in a clear space in the middle of the forest near an old shack that I rented, that was glorious like sleeping on air gazing at the clear star filled sky and that glorious full Moon, definitely awesome.
Coincidentally enough the worst place I've tried to sleep on was on the dirt in the middle of the forest, wasn't able to sleep at all and it lasted for 5 days, 5 days without sleeping and without food and out in the cold, though when I finally got home I slept so good that it felt like I suddenly regained my energy in only a couple seconds of sleep, turns out it was actually 3 day, felt like just seconds though.
So all in all, you didn't eat for 5 days?

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
In my own bed. However, I don't sleep particularly well there, I just sleep worse everywhere else.

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
My best friends bed. She has the most wonderful, soft, large bed in the world, and it feels like a cloud. Very jealous of it.

I rate it a perfect orgasmic/orgasmic .

I Have No Idea

Aug 5, 2011
On one of the beds in the front room of my lake house. For some reason, I sleep deeper and longer whenever I'm up there.

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
At a friends, few of us there, have some beers, not drunk but tipsy. We eventually crash in the living room. I take the corner sofa and sleep upside down, with my head on the edge and my legs over the top of the sofa.

So. Comfortable.
Seriously.

Also outside on a lounger thing. We had a big fire and loads of comfortable crap around so we just slept outside. It was incredibly comfortable.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
I get my best sleep sitting in long-travel buses and trains, the shaking is soothing i guess. It's weird cause i'm kind of an insomniac, i usually have to stay in bed for an hour or two before i'm able to sleep. But on buses i fall asleep in a matter of minutes.

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
It's a toss up between this super comfortable recliner in the intensive care unit waiting room in our county's hospital(huge hospital by the way), and the first couch we had when I lived in Orlando. The couch got replaced by one that looked similar, but it wasn't the same as the first, I could sleep there or just lay there for hours reading a book or playing Vice City(lets you know about when it was, the GA3/Vice City pack had just came out on XBOX).

Offworlder_v1legacy

Ya Old Mate
May 3, 2009
My aunties cocktail bench. I know what your thinking, a cocktail bench? But it was all padded and such, plus I slept on it for almost a whole month so I got real use to it. Absolute heaven after a long day.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
My double bed is pretty awesome. I sleep in it every night.

Also, worst place I've slept in, on the floor in a small closet. Don't ask why, but I did it for a few days...

Weealzabob

Jun 4, 2011
ChaoticKraus said:
I get my best sleep sitting in long-travel buses and trains, the shaking is soothing i guess.
While I don't really sleep on buses or trains, getting to sleep on a bed while in a moving vehichle is amazing. Whether it's boats, a bunk in a caravan, or that very, very rare time you can be the jammy prick sleeping in the front of a plane.

Also I just like sleeping in caravans/tents, the beds aren't particularly comfortable, but the atmosphere of camping always makes for great sleep.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
My brother's memory foam can make an insomniac fall asleep.

It's that fucking comfortable.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
Weealzabob said:
ChaoticKraus said:
I get my best sleep sitting in long-travel buses and trains, the shaking is soothing i guess.
While I don't really sleep on buses or trains, getting to sleep on a bed while in a moving vehichle is amazing. Whether it's boats, a bunk in a caravan, or that very, very rare time you can be the jammy prick sleeping in the front of a plane.
Amen. Though i have to ask what kind of planes have beds in them, apart from private jets. I have never ever seen that.

Weealzabob

Jun 4, 2011
ChaoticKraus said:
Weealzabob said:
ChaoticKraus said:
Amen. Though i have to ask what kind of planes have beds in them, apart from private jets. I have never ever seen that.
On long haul flights the seats in first/business class generally fold flat and act like a bed.
Sorry I wasn't a little more to the point in my original post.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Montezuma said:
My girlfriend's bed, by itself it is very comfortable, but when I get to sleep next to her in it, it is just wonderful.

10/10
This is my answer, word for word. So to make things a bit more me, I'll change the 10/10 to a star-based rating:

Rakun Man

Oct 18, 2009
Nothing beats a comfy hammock on a perfectly warm day with the sun shining at just the right angle so that it warms you, but doesn't intrude on your eyes. And the sound of the light breeze rustling the leaves almost sound like waves.

Except a Tempurpedic. Those things are what heaven is made of.

Edit: Oh I almost forgot. Sleeping on a boat that is going nowhere and letting the waves rock you is practically hypnotic.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
My couch, which is an 8/10, because of my dog.
My bed, in the mornings, 9/10, because of my dog.
A bed in a cheap-ish British hotel chain, which was about 4 feet tall (exaggeration), and if it had my dog, it would be a 10/10.