Most Difficult Boss you've ever faced.

Schiggy

Apr 17, 2008
Never having managed to get my hands on a copy of Ninja Gaiden Black, guess i'll have to say Alma on very hard in the original....that *****. Me and two friends sat in front of the tv for freakin hours on rotation with no luck. Oh and im currently stuck in the final tier on hard in GH3, not really a boss battle but goddammit. I can do cliffs of dover almost perfect but trying to do the other three songs is beyond me.

Anoos

Dec 10, 2007
Lioklian said:
Guilty Spark from Halo 3... Egad! He has SO much health and SO much firepower!

That was the hardest battle I have ever encountered in ANY game EVER!
Serious? just side step him till you get the spartan laser, 3 shots of that and he dies, its easy even on legendary.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Natsu_Blaze said:
Easy. The End, from MGS3. I literally spent three hours fighting the bugger. I literally had to save, mid-fight, and come back the next day to finish him off.
Should have waited three days. He dies of old age.

Also, I'm going with Graven, in Conan. He's an absolute and complete arsebandit, has about seven stages, can easily wipe you in a few hits, has all sorts of minions around which gradually become more dangerous as you lose your spells, and which can stunlock you to death, and has numerous QTEs included which either cause instalose or massive damage (they're reasonably doable, but harsh if you fail.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
...And Gruntilda from Banjo-Kazooie. I just gave up.
I totally agree. I was like 12 years old when I first played that game. I got all of the Jiggies, all of the Jinjos, all of the... pretty much everything. Then I got up to her and couldn't beat it no matter how many times I tried. Just a couple of months ago actually I was playing N64 and after like 10 tries, I finally beat her haha.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Hmmm, well it's hard to speak about past bosses when I'm currently experiencing such an epic hate-on for "Mildred" the final boss from the "new" PS-2 fighter "Arcana Heart". Despite some people claiming that the fight isn't that bad, I personally think it's the worst fighting game boss I've ever seen, and I've seen some cheap ones.

>>>----Therumancer--->

Kikyoo

Apr 16, 2008
Well this is my first time posting, but I felt like posting my opion on the matter. I've fought many of the bosses that have been mentioned, but I honestly think these are the hardest. So here is my top 5 hardest bosses.

#5: The last boss of Chaos Legion. I have too Admit, the #5 spot is really low on my list. It is a hard fight, that drags on for a long time, but i just don't recall it really handing me a lot of trouble. It was hard, i learned the patterns, and figured out the tricks, and it was still pretty hard even then. It was a test of skill, the entire game was just not something I took to, so I struggled with almost every boss. The fight was harder on the higher setting, but I still beat it, and I never even had too go and get all the stuff in the game.

#4: Megaman Juno on hard. This one might just be me, but for some reason The last boss of Megaman Legends just kicks my ass. I don't know why either. I know his patterns, I've fought him an insane number of times because I love the game, but Juno just always beats me down. I beat him fairly easily on the normal and easy settings, but he is an honest challenge on Hard mode. Again this might just be me, but that's why this is my list after all.

#3: The Nightmare Mother boss on MegamanX 6. This boss was horrid. Evil. The greatest abomination too man and god that I have ever witnessed. The boss is 2 giant squares. Each one takes up a full screen, meaning the entire field of battle is about 4 screens. Not only do they rotate around the room, but drop stuff on you, and while they are shooting at you, is the only time they expose a weak point for you to attack. I had to go back and get all the health tanks and heart items in order to stand a chance of beating this boss. This was all on Normal tho, I do not even want to picture in my mind what horrors the boss unleashes on you on the higher settings.

#2: The 3 face boss on Dante must die mode on Devil May Cry 2. This boss beat me repeatedly. On the other diffculty settings the boss was not overly hard, but on this hardest setting it is the only boss that gave me trouble. He was very tough, but I did manage to beat him. I had to completely change the way I was fighting him in order to win, and had so many healing items that it was not funny. I might just be retarded but he kicked my ass enough too earn the 2nd place.

#1:The Last boss in Drakken Guard's 5th ending. I don't know how many people have played it, but I will honestly admit, it is more than i could handle. It seems easy when you have the concept down, but it gets harder and harder, then blitz you and... well I had to use a trick in order to over come her at last. But that is just me. Some people might not think it too hard, but when I see a post of someone beating her effortlessly, then I will submit, that she was not really that hard.

defining_mind

Apr 9, 2008
Some of the bosses on Ninja Gaiden II were pretty tough. Mainly, the second level boss and the one boss you fought on the water/sewer level.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
<quote=Fire Daemon>On the Legend of Zelda: oracle of Seasons for the Game Boy Colour was a boss that could best be described as a giant eye that jumps around the screen.

Fire, I think you've mixed up your Zelda games. Oracle of Season's last boss was this guy who could only be hurt by you swinging your sword around (your power attack), which took time to charge, and he ended up using the female you need to save as a shield, which you had to knock away using the Staff of Seasons, or something along those lines.

Oh, and my hardest boss would've had to have been 343 Guilty Spark... no, no, I joke. It's Sephiroth in KH2. He had a move which made you down to 1HP, and no MP, and then used to Meteor move which would most likely hit you. Add to that, Donald and Goofy sit on the sidelines, watching like a couple of lobotomised chimps. Bastards...

Edit: Some guy beat me to my joke... **mumbles something inaudible**

Barikudakid

Apr 28, 2008
I would have to say I experienced the toughest fights playing God of War 2 on Titan mode (I borrowed the game and I bet my friend I could be the hardest mode as my first attempt at the series.)

God damn Theseus can 1-shot you with random spawning aoe glaciers and the 2 minotaurs he summons can 3 shot you if you aren't careful while you avoid Theseus' missile attacks. Man that fight tightened my response time.

Needless to say, I felt satisfied pounding that fat bastard's head in the doorway after dieing to him for 20 hours.

But the hardest part would have to be the endurance run of titan mode. While not a boss persay, it was a 10-20minute part of the game that took me a good 70 hours at least to beat.

MrHappy255

Mar 10, 2008
Um yeah I have to agree that Ruby weapon on final fantasy 7 made me want to break everything I owned, Emerald, not even hard but man I am so sure it is just random frikin luck when I beat ruby weapon after trying for years, I only beat that piece of crap once years after I played the game for the first time and I think it let me win so I would play the game again instead of leaving it on the shelf, (ooo that makes me sound crazy, but screw it that boss did it too me).

The giant space ship on R type also made me want to break the controller in frustration but hey whatcha gonna do, then I couldn't play no more.
Still I probably would have felt better with two pieces of controller in my hand, damn impossible bosses. :)

MattClassic

Feb 21, 2008
The string of final bosses from Xenogears was a nightmare. I remember it being the first final boss in a PS1 RPG that really gave me a lot of grief. It's about five bosses condensed into one since you can't heal in between them. Yeah, you've got a little bit of time to catch your breath after each one, but that doesn't really mean much if all your best characters are already on their last legs before they even get into the next boss battle.

But #1 on my list by far is Spider-Man 2's final boss, Dr. Octopus. He's the reason I never actually finished that game. It breaks down like this:

Awful camera that goes berserk whenever you get hit
+
Instant death water pits
+
Ridiculous objectives that entail destroying gizmos placed directly over said instant death water pits
+
A boss that can hit you at any time regardless of how far away you are from him
=
Controller-snapping frustration

JackofTrades

Apr 27, 2008
Probly Brock at the end of dead rising, just cause when he would kill you, you'd have to start farther back at your last save point, plus he just kept kicking me off the damn tank!

Nov 28, 2007
YokoSesshoumaru said:
Omega Weapon from Final Fantasy VIII...

I just tried to fight him for the first time this weekend... and well... I got completely and utterly annihilated.

I don't understand why a bonus monster is stronger than the final boss...

Ultimecia is a piece of cake.
The optional bosses are ALWAYS harder than the final boss.

Human Bomb

Sep 29, 2007
Corsair256 said:
Some of the bounty bosses in Skies of Arcadia Legends were pretty damn difficult I seem to remember.

Like that... fat guy... with his money attack cat thing...

Okay, so I haven't played the game in years (somehow lost my copy), but I distinctly remember the rediculous difficulty and eventually just cheaping out and using a hero potion (or whatever it was called).
Oh yeah... That girl with the scythe made me just about quite that game (I played the GCN version).

I never really had any sort of anxiety about fighting the FF7 weapons. Just tedious fights.

fnph

Oct 13, 2007
MattClassic said:
The string of final bosses from Xenogears was a nightmare. I remember it being the first final boss in a PS1 RPG that really gave me a lot of grief. It's about five bosses condensed into one since you can't heal in between them. Yeah, you've got a little bit of time to catch your breath after each one, but that doesn't really mean much if all your best characters are already on their last legs before they even get into the next boss battle.

But #1 on my list by far is Spider-Man 2's final boss, Dr. Octopus. He's the reason I never actually finished that game. It breaks down like this:

Awful camera that goes berserk whenever you get hit
+
Instant death water pits
+
Ridiculous objectives that entail destroying gizmos placed directly over said instant death water pits
+
A boss that can hit you at any time regardless of how far away you are from him
=
Controller-snapping frustration
I'd forgotten about Doc. Ock, oh the memories. That was a truely terrible fight.
Gigantuar from FFVI was insane the first time I fought him, with his evil 10,000 needles before he dies.
Tatanga from Super Mario Land is my hardest boss. To this day he stands as the only boss I've faced and never killed, although it doesn't help that you have to play through the entire game in one go to even see him.

The Franco

Mar 25, 2008
Any raid boss in WoW, or any MMORPG end-game boss for that matter.

But I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the last few bosses from Metroid Prime 2, and special mention goes to the Omega pirate from Prime - until you learn his bastardly little tricks, he's next to impossible, but once you learn to ignore his friends and just spam plasma shots, he's a joke. Quadraxis was almost impossible. I barely survived him the first time I beat him, which was like 4th try. Then the emperor Ing was enough to cause a hate induced aneurysm after my 5th try, but then you have to follow that with a boss you can't harm directly, with a godawfull time limit. I beat that game once, and when the credits rolled I proceeded to dance around my room like I had just won some type of award. It's a shame Prime 3 was pretty much a joke the whole way through, mostly because giving direct control to Samus' arm cannon to the player made Samus an unstoppable god.

BaldingSteve

Apr 13, 2008
By far the hardest boss fight I have ever had is the final boos from paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. I still haven't beaten her.

Also, the final boss in The second Golden Sun, I forget the name. If I hadn't found the Charon summon I would have been screwed.