Most disappointing game?

noolli

Feb 5, 2008
Assassins creed as i played it for 20mins round a friends house and killed lots of people but when i got it i found i had to do more tings then kill people, it should've been called fuck about for a while and do much creed

Apr 24, 2008
OriginalUsername said:
Pro Evo 6. After 5, the best footie game ever in my opinion, 6 was like a slap in the face.
I agree completey, and the latest ones even worse. I have been disappointed with a few games over the years. Devestation looked good but turned out crap, Perfect Dark Zero, every Mario since 64, every film based game that ever existed.

GreatVladmir

May 25, 2008
Most dissapointing game ever, well, ill have to make a list.

1: Unreal Tournament 2003/2004, it does not live it to the godlike game that is Unreal Tournament '99.

2: The Halo series, people keep banging on about them, but they are just meh.

3: Half-Life 2, don't get me wrong, if I was a women, I'd sleep with Gabe Newall (I know he is a walking bloated cheeseburger)cuse I allways get a semi over a half-life game but it compares no way near to Half-Life 1.

4: Starwars Battlefront II, I expected a much more brilliant game than Battlefront I, I was mistaken.

ShyWinter

Apr 25, 2008
Nothing comes close to the disappointment of Driver 3. I rented it, and it was so bad, I returned it in the SAME DAY.

Flytch

Mar 11, 2008
Now contrary to all of the above pretty much, I loved Cod4, Burnout Paradise, Oblivion, Assassins Creed and Halo 3. There are very few games that dissapointed me or that I dislike but I would have to go with Enchanted Arms which was absolutely rubbish, they took the best bits of Final Fantasy and then ruined it.

Oh yeah and Chrome Hounds, that was a waste of time. And I loved Lost Planet.

Flytch

Mar 11, 2008
Well admittedly being an assassin wouldn't merely involve killing the person conveniently stood next to you else it wouldn't be much of a challenge. Your response seems a bit zero punctuation oriented.

Russian Redneck

Apr 21, 2008
I was really disappointed with Super Smash Bros. Brawl when I first played it. Looking back on that cold night of Mar. 9, standing in line at the midnight launch to receive my copy, I realized that I hadn't given any much thought to what SSBB would be like. Would it follow the footsteps of the excellent Super Smash Bros. Melee or would it shake things up a bit?

So, I returned to my dorm and popped the disc into my console ASAP. The first thing I noticed was the absence of the announcer guy on the title screen. Seriously, what the hell? There was absolutely no reason to boot the guy out in the previous games, so why do it now? Well, I disregarded it since it was a trivial gripe at best, but then I got into the gameplay and came to realization: It's exactly like SSBM. I was shocked! A game that had been hyped and advertised for three or four years was a near-perfect replica of its predecessor, which featured several distinct changes that separated it from the original Super Smash Bros. and which made it awesome.

It saddens me that a Super Smash Bros. Melee 2.0 is receiving near-perfect 10-scale review scores, which I suppose is largely due to the online multiplayer; but that's largely broken due to the existence of lag.

Brawl eventually grew on me but I still can't shake off that bitter feeling of being had.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
For some reason, i don't preorder games and i just assume that Gamestop will have it anyway after 3 or 4 days after it's release and get it. But i didn't like Burnout paradise too much, played it for like 6 days and stopped.

Also SSBB. I like the game, but something about it just makes me not like it! Maybe it's my friends saying that it's the best game in the world (or was) and their expectations because all the dojo updates were really just singular items and stage here and there, or that the game completely hates me, but i just don't like it as much as i thought i would. i thought that me and my friends would be having a blast online, but we hardly play and my friends are all serious about their matches. (DAMNIT let me listen to Mr.Resseti!)

i'm hoping that MGS4 won't disappointed me.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Shadow Hearts 3... good game, nothing compared to Covenant.
Super Mario Galaxy... if it takes me considerable effort to run in a straight line in a platformer, it fails.

TheGreenManalishi

May 22, 2008
Metroid Prime 2. i adored the first one so much, and was really looking forward to a new story. Everything about it wasn't up to the standard of the first. Turns out the multiplayer was the best bit, and even that was mediocre compared to Goldeneye. And plus everyone i played against had never played prime before so it got tediously boring.

Twilight Princess although solving the WindWaker problem of being too short, was easy enough to last as long (if not shorter). It seems since the early GC games Nintendo has been catering for 'the casual gamer'.

Ruffythepirate

Apr 15, 2008
World of Warcraft for me. All my friends played it hardcore, but for some reason I just couldn't seem to understand, nor copy their addiction. In fact, I found the game borderline boring at times. I guess WoW just wasn't my kind of game, still, it was a huge dissapointment, since all my friends applauded the game and had nothing but good words about it.

Fallensky7

May 21, 2008
shatnershaman said:
Portal, wasn't fun wasn't funny short as hell.
Sir. Your just wrong, just so.....damn......wrong (exept about the short part).

and for me, i would have to say Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Hellion25

May 28, 2008
Pro Evo 2008 is god-awful in comparison to some of the games in the series. Unfortunatley it seems that the game has morphed into FIFA just as FIFA is beginning to pull itself out of the same game, different year pattern.

Complaints include the terrible online, poor reffing, idiotic goalies, fixed games (Try playing Barca or Inter when the CPU has decided it wants to win. It is literally impossible to tackle their players and the pressure button morphs into the run alongside and look at the ball but don't do anything button). Plus there is also the fact that the CPU has about a 90% score rate from freekicks and not far less for corners and that leads to further accusations of fixing results rather than providing any actual challenging AI.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
shatnershaman said:
Portal, wasn't fun wasn't funny short as hell.
Wow, are you some kind of mutant?

Just kidding, everyone is allowed their own opinion. My most dissapointing game was Oblivion. But I loved Halo 3, and that may be because I've never played Halo 2 properly so all the dual wielding seemed innovative.

It was still a good game, as evidenced by how all PS3 fanboys say that *this new exclusive* will be much better than it. I think it's quite amusing really.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Fondant said:
Here was a game where they could have created a brilliant, groundbreaking insight into the world of 40K the insight of an infantryman in a world dominated by daemons, tanks, alien monsters and endless waves of conscripts. Instead they made a piss-poor shooter, with inferior graphics and was so disappointing I actualy hurled the game out of the window.
I didn't find the graphics that bad; a bit low-poly and with middling-res textures, yes, but I knew that going in as it was a PS2 port. It's the terrible, floaty animations in-game that killed it visually. (I had no problem with the cut-scenes, myself.) The combat dialog was extremely repetitive, because every AI had one line... and some of those were shared with other models, no less.

Not that the game itself was terrible... it just didn't measure up to what it could (and should, IMO) have been.

-- Steve

Master Kuja

May 28, 2008
Lost Odyssey, after hearing all the damn hype about it, that and the fact that my friends wouldn't shut up about it, I did something rare and listened to them, I bought the game, expecting it to be something amazing, unfortunatly it just fails to deliver what was promised to me.

Halo 3, campaign is short and the ending is awful, but the multiplayer and Forge makes up for that somewhat, unfortunatly though, like Yahtzee says, I'd rather not be paying for a half decent game.

Devil May Cry 2 and 4, both of these games got a lot of hype, and again I was let down, 2 just sucked, end of story, I finished it once and haven't played it since, 4 had a little bit more going for it, but the fact that Nero is basically a carbon copy of Dante and Vergil just isn't what Capcom promised, a new and refreshing character.

slaygore

Mar 6, 2008
The most disappointing game of all time has got to be GTA IV. That's right Grand Theft Auto IV. Sure overall it was a good game, but damn there were so many nit picks that I absolutely hated that I just couldn't stand to play it anymore.

First and foremost was the melee combat. Man, oh man, does it suck. Everytime I try to punch someone it always misses yet and when I try to kick the leg wouldn't even come in contact with the guy. It looked like it was a glitch, but it wasn't, it was just that the developers were too lazy to make the melee good. Oh sure they improved on the shooting, but I love punching people to death and making that suck just really pisses me off.

I think I have to be the first and only person to ever mention how much I hate the controls. First of all Niko runs so damn slow and you have to mass the button just to run on a decent pace. Also the jump/climb button doesn't work shit on tall fences. Oh great he can jump over little hurdles, but can't climb over a fence. Finally, are the cars. God do I hate driving especially when I'm gong 5 miles an hour and I still flip over when I turn. I mean wth, have cars become so light that even a breeze can blow it down.