Most disappointing game?

PingPongJoe

Jun 23, 2008
I was convinced by my friends to get halo2 (I didn't even play halo1 at the time). They made it out to be Jesus in disk form, so I gave it a shot. To this day, I still don't understand how such a mediocure series gained enough popularity to spawn books and high-selling T-shirts. :/

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
PingPongJoe said:
I was convinced by my friends to get halo2 (I didn't even play halo1 at the time). They made it out to be Jesus in disk form, so I gave it a shot. To this day, I still don't understand how such a mediocure series gained enough popularity to spawn books and high-selling T-shirts. :/
You got me too there. The whole game is prided on... Immature kids, Cock and ball jokes, High pitched kids and plot twists that are compelling as a monkey being alive( If you don't get this join the group there are no plot twists in halo its just how can we extend this to annoy gamers so they will just get online and rate that part instead of everything else.

CraazyIvan

Mar 22, 2009
OriginalUsername said:
Pro Evo 6. After 5, the best footie game ever in my opinion, 6 was like a slap in the face.
Really? Pro evo 5 on the ps2 is the only game i have vowed never to play again. Mainly because of the fact that you can do the most beautiful build up play, round the keeper with your choice of world class striker, tap shoot and watch in horror as he fires the ball into the car park behind the stadium.

Phantom_Natal

Sep 2, 2009
Wolfwind said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, DMC 4 was a dissapointment.

You get half way through the game and then you're back tracking levels and bosses, I mean how lazy is that? Nero spends half the game yelling "Kirie!", which got old real fast. And I was one of the people who was hoping that once you beat the game, they'd do something like let you play as Trish or Lady like they did in DMC 3 where you got to play as Vergil, but no. All you get are harder and harder modes.

I'm not gonna lie, the game did some things right. The switching between Dante's modes on the fly was great, and the idea of Nero's sword needing to be revved up was pretty cool, along with the devil bringer and summoning Yamato, but after everything they did with DMC 3, DMC 4 just felt flat. That's just my opinion.
Agreed, I really thought they'd do something new like playing as lady or trish. As you quite well said it, the only thing they offered as stage completing was getting extra 4 modes, what a let down.
Aside from gameplay, Kyrie was really the cardboard damsel in distress, what more not appealing.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
I was actually pretty let down by Dead Rising. A zombie filled mall full of stuff to use against them?! Great! Now let's make the text unreasonably small, the items ho-hum, and just to really fire things up an unforgivingly fast timer.

BOX oDAVE

Jul 15, 2009
fine looks like im going to have to adress it RESIDENT EVIL 5 they basically only changed the enviorment setting they could have done so much more

on a side note i watched resident evil degeneration and it actually tied into the story that was surprising

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
Super Smash Brothers Brawl and The Conduit, both a waste of money. To quote Yatzhee on the former "The game I love (SSB1) is in here, but etc etc.". And as for The Conduit, it was mediocre and an epic fail.

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
Assassin's Creed for me. The sad part about it was that it had the potential to be a really good game. Most of the pieces were there, but they failed to put them all together quite right. I'm really, really hopeful that Assassin's Creed Two will fix the problems.

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
tooktook said:
Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends
Really? Everyone I know has loved that game - myself included. I enjoyed how creative the game world is, and the hero units are some of the best I have ever seen in a RTS game.

My biggest letdown(s) would have to be both F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin and the new Wolfenstein. They were both blatant console ports and the gameplay was average at best.

tooktook

Feb 13, 2008
tsb247 said:
tooktook said:
Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends
Really? Everyone I know has loved that game - myself included. I enjoyed how creative the game world is, and the hero units are some of the best I have ever seen in a RTS game.

My biggest letdown(s) would have to be both F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin and the new Wolfenstein. They were both blatant console ports and the gameplay was average at best.
Agreement on Fear 2 and Wolfenstein.

As far as RoL goes... It just didn't tickle my happy places. I'm an rts whore, Starcraft being my all time favourite (never played multiplayer). What I loved was well rounded characters, great storyline and interesting units and abilities. Not to mention the game was as immersive as shit. In RoL the animations looked stiff and it just didn't suck me in, which, as with most things in life, is reason enough not to like it. :)